Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got another F#cking ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could take it to court; you were written up for unsafe speed right? If the ticket is for unsafe speed and not for over the CA max speed it can be beat. Your argument will be that you were the only person on the road and it was free of any obstacles; turns or road damage. And if this were the case how can 14mi over be unsafe. Also you could check into the officer training for the radar gun and if the gun has been well maintained and calibrated and tested regularly. Or you could do like most do and just pay the ticket.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I am not 100% sure, and I am sure someone will prove me wrong if I am but aren't cops in CA supposed to be visible when clocking you? I thought that was one of the good laws some hippies bitched and moaned about.
I heard about this too, and it wouldnt matter if it wa true anyways, it would just come down to your word vs his, in which case.... you lose. Found that out the hard way many a time.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Hey Wes, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I came across this thread that could help you out: https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...et-ticket.html

Good luck. The guy seems to know his ****!

Originally Posted by Skidog5150

Yea Wes... Sounds like good advise to me....
there's a reason he knows his ****!

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
What a retard.

Thanks sweetie, now come give papa a hug
Old 11-07-2010, 01:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by henry172
You could take it to court; you were written up for unsafe speed right? If the ticket is for unsafe speed and not for over the CA max speed it can be beat. Your argument will be that you were the only person on the road and it was free of any obstacles; turns or road damage. And if this were the case how can 14mi over be unsafe. Also you could check into the officer training for the radar gun and if the gun has been well maintained and calibrated and tested regularly. Or you could do like most do and just pay the ticket.
yea unfortunately it's the latter...

Quick Reply: Got another F#cking ticket...