Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Does anyone know about lifted trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010 | 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mannyman84
What do u mean?
You asked if there was any difference between the 2004 and the 2002 Silverados. I said that there weren't any differences in the steering system.

Does that happen every time you turn from lock? Mine does something very similar but it doesn't happen every time. Usually it happens when I'm backing out of my driveway and I have the wheel to lock (or close to it) one way while backing up. Then, when I shift into drive and start turning the wheel the other way it's hard. However, when I give it some throttle to start going the power steering kicks in and all is well.
Old 11-19-2010 | 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
You asked if there was any difference between the 2004 and the 2002 Silverados. I said that there weren't any differences in the steering system.

Does that happen every time you turn from lock? Mine does something very similar but it doesn't happen every time. Usually it happens when I'm backing out of my driveway and I have the wheel to lock (or close to it) one way while backing up. Then, when I shift into drive and start turning the wheel the other way it's hard. However, when I give it some throttle to start going the power steering kicks in and all is well.
Haha. I was drunk so I was lost. But that's what kinda happens here too. Have u solved this problem??
Old 03-11-2011 | 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

ill bet its the linkage. i used to have a truck that did that. but then took it to a tire shop and had it all straightened out. same exact things happened when turning left.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know about lifted trucks?