Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone know an ls2 m6 nbm gto in lakewood/north long beach?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010 | 05:17 PM
Launching!

Default Anyone know an ls2 m6 nbm gto in lakewood/north long beach?

Was coming back home down Carson through Lakewood towards north long beach, and as I pulled onto Carson itself, I see a ls2 gto coming around everyone hard. Passes me and gives a little rev. I'm like ****, I can see its not an ls1 so its gonna pull me like a freight train which I was gladly surprised it didn't.

I pull up to the redlight like normal and see that its a nice blonde woman.

So I'm smiling like a jackass and light changes, we start moving and I give it some gas as we get to the next light so she knows I'll race and that its not a v6.
We get to the next light, look at eachother again, and light changes.

I start moving out slowly since I assumed she was gonna do it from a roll, and the gto sits there for a moment. Must've not realized the light changed or something.

Gto comes to life, we both shift (which is where I gained back everytime till 3rd) and the gto spins some in 2nd, I spin about half through 2nd gear and the pull it had at the top of 2nd stops about one car length ahead, and I start slowly pulling, get back up almost to the door, and then after each shift it would go back a little ahead. 3rd I was gaining but a van was pulling out ahead so I had to stop, I'm sure the gto would've pulled more and more the faster we went though.

Probably would have easily won against me if it she shifted it harder/faster and had better traction. You could clearly hear each shift and when she got back on the gas.

All I know mod wise that it had exhaust work, I'm assuming Borla cause it sounded like I was hearing my own car as it drove by when she revved a bit.

We both give thumbs up at the next redlight, meanwhile I turn down another street because I'm paranoid about cops and just sitting g there makes me uneasy anytime after a race.

Was a nbm gto, ls1 m6, chrome factory wheels. Blonde woman, around 2:30 today in Lakewood on carson. Just curious if its anyone here, and if so, what's done to the car other than exhaust if anything.