Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone know where I can get a hardtop converted into a t-top in southern california?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone know where I can get a hardtop converted into a t-top in southern california?

I've seen some youtube videos, as well as sites going through how to do it.

Out of sheer luck, each LS1 camaro I've bought is a hardtop. Everytime I've wanted t-tops but who's going to turn down a good deal on a car just for t-tops.

I don't think I would screw up the conversion, but like a lot of people have said before, just the fact that I would be cutting into the roof makes me doubt myself 100%.

After seeing that craigslist ad where the guy is selling everything for the swap aside from t-tops themselves, I just can't stop thinking about just getting it over with.

It's the fact that hardtops are supposed to be more rare that stops me from doing it as well. But I'm trying not to care since the car wont ever be sold, realistically at least.

So is there any shop or anything in southern california that's done to conversion before that can chime in with a price on getting it done.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm 6litereater...
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Launching!

Just did, if anyone else has any possible people that can do it, please chime in as well. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you need the parts, I might be interested in going to hard top.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZSS2148
Pm 6litereater...
Originally Posted by SSkull
Just did, if anyone else has any possible people that can do it, please chime in as well. Thanks.
Yeah, we've done a few. Takes about 4 -5 hours, but you've gotta supply all the parts. (t-tops, weather stripping and interior t-top "A" pillar plastics)
Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
Yeah, we've done a few. Takes about 4 -5 hours, but you've gotta supply all the parts. (t-tops, weather stripping and interior t-top "A" pillar plastics)
how much does this conversion cost? like how much do you charge to install convert it? and then whats an estimate on how much it would cost me to get all the required parts? ive been interested in this for a while...

secondly is there any way to convert my hardtop into a removable roof like the corvettes? the one piece glass top?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE

What Chevy runner said.

Chevyrunner: other than having it done custom. I think the closest you can get is 6le's targa top looking t top cover.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We've done a bunch of them. You supply the parts (I can help you get the stuff you need, tell you what to get, etc...) and we bring it to 99% completion (we do the fab work, you would need a body/paint shop to spray and finish it).

You drop it off and come back, $500. You hang out and lend a hand $400.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
We've done a bunch of them. You supply the parts (I can help you get the stuff you need, tell you what to get, etc...) and we bring it to 99% completion (we do the fab work, you would need a body/paint shop to spray and finish it).

You drop it off and come back, $500. You hang out and lend a hand $400.
is this in response to my question about changin it to a vette top(one solid glass piece) or just to t tops in general?

where would i get all the parts, and what parts do i need. i have no idea. is it just the 2 glass t tops?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevyrunner
is this in response to my question about changin it to a vette top(one solid glass piece) or just to t tops in general?

where would i get all the parts, and what parts do i need. i have no idea. is it just the 2 glass t tops?
This is to t-top it but our one piece tops can be used on cars that are t-topped (no need to cut the bar out unless you want to).

You'd get all the parts on ebay, junkyard, etc...

T-tops
T-top weatherstripping
Brackets (all four corners, window trim areas and the center bar)
A-Pillars (and rear interior pieces)
T-Top holders
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
This is to t-top it but our one piece tops can be used on cars that are t-topped (no need to cut the bar out unless you want to).

You'd get all the parts on ebay, junkyard, etc...

T-tops
T-top weatherstripping
Brackets (all four corners, window trim areas and the center bar)
A-Pillars (and rear interior pieces)
T-Top holders
cool bro. can you pm me a textable number if you have one. ill start tracking down parts
Old 12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned

Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

I didn't know people liked t-top cars so much I have a t-top car and wish it was a hard top
Old 12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by donedidit
I didn't know people liked t-top cars so much I have a t-top car and wish it was a hard top
Agreed
If anyone is serious, I have all the Ttop parts. $300 each set. Should have two or three....

Quick Reply: Anyone know where I can get a hardtop converted into a t-top in southern california?