Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA Invasion
Basically, I am going to fine tune it but this is the initial rule
True Street - Vehicles entering this class are required to be driven to the track (no trailering), they must have current registration. No changing of tires will be allowed. Tires must be DOT approved. Only fuel may be added.

Ah Yes but What hotel will you be staying at??? with the jungle juice table
i agree on the tires having to be dot approved but it kinda sucks that you cant change tires at the track ill be driving from almost 100 miles away and i rather not drive there on my track tires
Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ericg69ss
How about a Quick 8 LS powered class? Limited the tire size to a 28x10.5 15" slick and 275 Drag Radial. Make it single power adder class with limits on single stage for nitrous, 1 plate, single nozzle or 1 stage direct port; F1C, YSI or Novi 2000 max size on the blowers and 76mm max on the turbos.
If you can get at least 10 cars to sign up for that I will put that class in A 1 car class though ummm can't justify it.

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
i agree on the tires having to be dot approved but it kinda sucks that you cant change tires at the track ill be driving from almost 100 miles away and i rather not drive there on my track tires
I hear ya. I daily drive in my 555's though been a year & 1/2 now sure they are close to slicks but changing tires makes a big difference. If you see a pale yellow stingray though expect 2nd place at best.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you can get at least 10 cars to sign up for that I will put that class in A 1 car class though ummm can't justify it.

I hear ya. I daily drive in my 555's though been a year & 1/2 now sure they are close to slicks but changing tires makes a big difference. If you see a pale yellow stingray though expect 2nd place at best.
i think as long as you regulate what tires can be run it would be fine.
because local people can drive to the track with there track tires on making a unfair advantage to them compared to the people that come from afar
Old 01-29-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

swap out tires before tech, how are they gonna know lol
or at the gas station outside the track, just take a truck with you
Old 01-29-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kamiczo
I'll make the trip from the bay area. Was fun last year!
Let's cruise down together
Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SnakeStomper
Let's cruise down together
Sounds good man! I'll try to get some more people from the bay area to cruise down.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 PM
9 Second Club

I agree. It would be great if we could figure out who might be interested in this? Do you have any ideas on how we can promote this?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

is there a truck class ?
can i enter and run in the street class?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Teching In

The Bracket racing is open to all comers. We also have a first round buy back FYI.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Ah Yes but What hotel will you be staying at??? with the jungle juice table
Tom's going to be making the calls this week (at least he will if he ever wants to see his keys when he gets back home.. )
Most likely the place we stayed last year: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...tario-airport/
It has multi room suites, decent parking and they were really accomodating to us last year when we needed to wash cars and didn't say a thing about us taking the screens out of the windows to allow direct access to our cars. (Seriously who needs doors?)
They also went out and cleaned up all the dog poop one of the other guest's mutt left behind the trailer.
It has a liquor store in the parking lot. (For crap we forget to get on Thursday night's BevMo run).
It's also within staggering distance to several decent restaurants...
Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Cool, but what kind of rate did you get?

Right now we are looking at $69/nt at the Aryes and I am sure they would bend on that if we threatened to go elsewhere.

I would love to get everyone together at the same hotel for a kickass party.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How about a Quick 8 LS powered class? Limited the tire size to a 28x10.5 15" slick and 275 Drag Radial. Make it single power adder class with limits on single stage for nitrous, 1 plate, single nozzle or 1 stage direct port; F1C, YSI or Novi 2000 max size on the blowers and 76mm max on the turbos.
id be game for that, except most of us with any power will be running at least a 315, and im def not going to go buy new tires to run in this class.

this isnt some big sanctioned event, so you might as well keep it simple. car must drive to the track, be registered and insured, have DOT approved tires, and run on pump gas, and keep the size of the s/c and turbos down.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Cool, but what kind of rate did you get?

Right now we are looking at $69/nt at the Aryes and I am sure they would bend on that if we threatened to go elsewhere.

I would love to get everyone together at the same hotel for a kickass party.
Not sure, waiting on the other half to do what he does best. Last year we paid @120 a night for a suite with 2 separate bedrooms, a small kitchen and living room area (with a couch and table). When you divide that up by the 4 people staying in the room it becomes quite cheap.
That being said, some of the group stayed 2 hotels away at the Hampton because they got rooms for @55 a night through some website. It was a short stagger home for them.
Plus theres a BBQ grill in the pool area, I'm thinking steaks to go with the drinks sounds stellar...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
id be game for that, except most of us with any power will be running at least a 315, and im def not going to go buy new tires to run in this class.

this isnt some big sanctioned event, so you might as well keep it simple. car must drive to the track, be registered and insured, have DOT approved tires, and run on pump gas, and keep the size of the s/c and turbos down.
We are talking about 2 completely different classes here. Eric runs in the 8's if I am not mistaken. and you are talking about the true street class. Eric would run with the 9sec class (albeit with a dial in in the 8's) and would not be subject to the same rules. with true street, its about a DD that drives to and from the track. I think you will fair well with your combo, the streetability is what will keep the cars in check.

I would love to do a heads up class but then you have to institute all kinds of rules to level the playing field to get enough cars that are close in competition (just look at the PSCA rules yikes), perhaps in future events we can do this.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Start an attending list?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Teching In

We actually have one going on facebook here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194569467221359
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

im gonna try and make it this year again.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.........i'm in
Old 02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I agree. It would be great if we could figure out who might be interested in this? Do you have any ideas on how we can promote this?
I will be going on Speed Scene Live before the event to talk about it. A lot of the PSCA type racers that fall into this category listen to their show it should be a good way to promote this. I can also make adjustments on the website if need be.

I have a lot of stuff I am working on right now, as the event gets closer I will focus on this.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Who's coming out of the Sacramento area?
Anyone interested in a caravan let me know.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30