Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was actually really impressed by the imports there today, none of them broke and they all were 10sec or faster
Old 05-30-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"You guys need to go to Famoso when they have their private test & tune..You can get 50 runs, they limit it to 100 cars, $100."

That is what I am planning on doing this Winter. The air density is also a lot better than Fontana.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Well, I can say that that experiment (the Hondas) was a bit of a backfire. They did bring in spectators but I don't think it was worth it. Every year we try to look at how we can improve the event and we will take a long look at getting back to our roots.

Sunday had breakage and oil downs that stopped up the track for a long time! Turns out there were only 200 cars racing, but I have to talk to the track about their priority.

For those that were disappointed, I am sorry, I was not happy that the racing did not go off like it has in previous years, that will be addressed.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

i hope so... ill probably just be a spectator next year though... id rather just pay $12 and not be disappointed. seems like spectators got their moneys worth.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

just a suggestion but maybe next year for the car show part have the space for the cars bigger it was a pain parking/moving the gates
Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

was fun. weather was kinda stupid sunday with the whole hot/cold thing. my buddy blew his motor on his stock mustang. my car got some looks so i was happy. lol
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Teching In

I appreciate the feedback it helps us to make improvements. This year we had lost Chuck because he was not in town and he had run the car show for us. Don stepped up and filled his shoes this year and I have to give him a lot of credit he did a great job considering. We listen to everyone and try to adjust to accomodate and make the event good.

Sunday was a surprise that we did not foresee coming. The plan was just to have 32 import cars and a few spectators. While they drew a crowd, it was the wrong kind. It also created other problems. It will be addressed.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

The Hondas killed it on Sunday they did break every other run. Out of 50 runs that the hondas did I think 3 of the runs were clean. All the others were miss shifts, bogging at the line and/or letting out halfway down the track which had to have the track check for spills.

No bueno...
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a total of 4 runs which most were early in the morning ,after about noon i didn't even bother getting back in line because the hondas breaking down made the line stand still for over 1/2 hr.. this was my first time out , it was fun ,but i originally thought it was just for "street" cars and may be some drag cars , but the majority of the cars running were full blown drag cars, that got to run , run after run while other cars were just waiting. i didnt even get to grudge race my friend in his 99 cobra which was one the reasons i was there
Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Thanks Mark. If filling in spaces is the issue, I personally don't mind paying, say, $80 and reduce the number of cars on the track. Also perhaps keeping it all in the same class would help it flow smoothly.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roel Aguilar
Thanks Mark. If filling in spaces is the issue, I personally don't mind paying, say, $80 and reduce the number of cars on the track. Also perhaps keeping it all in the same class would help it flow smoothly.
this would probly be the best thing to do, but then everybody here will complain about the price
Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 AM
TECH Regular

i would rather pay a little more and race more than twice.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know why you guys are complaining about runs. I got 7 or 8 runs in on Sunday and I could have run more but I was satisified with that. And then on Monday I got 4 runs in and decided that was enough. I do have to say though, the event should exclude the hondas. Having these dumb Hondas oil down the track and/or break on every other pass really wastes a lot of time. There are plenty import events for them and plenty of test and tune street legal days. I was also disappointed to see so many people not from LS1tech that didnt even know what an LS engine was. I had my hood up on my Volvo and every other person looking in the engine bay didn't know what kind of motor I have (it's a 5.3 with an LS1 manifold) and just commented, "I don't know nuthin bout them newfangled electronic motors. I like me carbuerators."
Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 AM
TECH Regular

lucky you. i spent all my day waiting in the damn lanes and only got 2 passes while others made 7-8 passes. we all paid the same amount of money yet a lot of us got screwed.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by that240guy
I don't know why you guys are complaining about runs. I got 7 or 8 runs in on Sunday and I could have run more but I was satisified with that. And then on Monday I got 4 runs in and decided that was enough. I do have to say though, the event should exclude the hondas. Having these dumb Hondas oil down the track and/or break on every other pass really wastes a lot of time. There are plenty import events for them and plenty of test and tune street legal days. I was also disappointed to see so many people not from LS1tech that didnt even know what an LS engine was. I had my hood up on my Volvo and every other person looking in the engine bay didn't know what kind of motor I have (it's a 5.3 with an LS1 manifold) and just commented, "I don't know nuthin bout them newfangled electronic motors. I like me carbuerators."
ya i wanted my 12 buck back, between the hondas and the strip only cars i did not pay for what i wanted to see. some ls1s tearing up the track. sick volvo tho, i checked it out i seen the rear tires and knew something was up was it diesel before?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@ LA Invasion: ... (I was there on Sunday.)

1) Your announcer on the mic was pretty cool. Good job at keeping the crowd informed on why something happened all while cracking jokes!

2) Obviously the imports stuff has already been addressed so no sence beating a dead horse. It was a bit dissapointing. On the flip side, I did enjoy seeing them break! ... I also do understand that the track is trying to run a business and what-not so if you or them are making money,... I get it. I'd suggest more or better regulation if possible though. ...

3.) ... Please ... Get the track to sell Redbull, Monster, or Rockstar... etc. ...

4.) I saw a good deal of STOCK vs. DRAG cars. ... It's kinda easy to guess the outcome at that point. If there were more "fair" match-ups, that would be more entertaining. Considering that I was a spectator this year, it would have been cool to see some grudge match-ups. If I hadn't been hang'n out in the pits with the PHK guys, I probably would have split a bit earlier. ...

...just my .02. .... Otherwise, I had a good time.

Oh, IF POSSIBLE,... any way to get the person who sells the entrance tickets on the day of to smile? ... ... Just crack a smile, PLEASE!... She reminded me of the people at the DMV. ... Just say'n! Haha!!

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 05-31-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 20TA02
lucky you. i spent all my day waiting in the damn lanes and only got 2 passes while others made 7-8 passes. we all paid the same amount of money yet a lot of us got screwed.
This^
To make matters worse, both my husband and myself paid to race. He got 2 run as did I. Technically we could have gotten a 3rd run in but at that point, we were both so frustruated we didn't want to sit in the staging lanes and get stuck there for another hour and a half.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

I was there on sunday and I wish the car show had more room. We had to move the barriers around to get all our cars to fit. And giving the same car two trophies makes no sense.

As for the racing.... I was a spectator and I almost decided to leave early after seeing all the hondas. They sound horrible and can't drive to save their lives. A clean pass was very rare. I was disappointed when I didn't get to see some good street car racing especially from lsx cars
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Honda's sound like super blenders.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Pop pop pop pop wheelspin wheelspin wheelspin let out early

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30