Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a fun weekend for sure!

The cruise is still my favorite part of the whole weekend..even if I do bring a trophy home for the C5.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kamiczo

The cruise is still my favorite part of the whole weekend..even if I do bring a trophy home for the C5.
^It was cool meeting you at the Westbound hotel. I was the whitey in the burgundy shirt lol!

"Aboot"
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oChristiano
^It was cool meeting you at the Westbound hotel. I was the whitey in the burgundy shirt lol!

"Aboot"
Abooot...lol Yeah, it was fun chatting and throwing back some beer! Nice meeting you guys as well.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kamiczo

Even if it was a C6>C5 trophy, gotta give credit where credit is due! Lmfao!

Nice to meet you bro. Very clean car!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
lol shut up
I tried looking for you but you were no where to be found.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Roel Aguilar
I've been to a private event in Famoso about 3-4 years ago, can't remember exactly. But I did win the raffle for the free camshaft and dyno tune from cunningham Motorsports. That was by far the best private event!! Not only could you get a ton of runs, but the track was very well prepped.

Since then, we last went there this past November. Beautiful track, but it's about 120 away from us.

Whee could I get more info on the Famoso private event?
I would do 120mi. and $100 to run all day!!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Famoso is a pretty nice track. the only things i didnt like the last time i was there was...

1.) burnouts while people were getting staged
2.) sending people down the track before the last people are off the track.
3.) its in the middle of nowhere
Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LA Invasion
Hi Guys,

Well, I can say that that experiment (the Hondas) was a bit of a backfire. They did bring in spectators but I don't think it was worth it. Every year we try to look at how we can improve the event and we will take a long look at getting back to our roots.

Sunday had breakage and oil downs that stopped up the track for a long time! Turns out there were only 200 cars racing, but I have to talk to the track about their priority.

For those that were disappointed, I am sorry, I was not happy that the racing did not go off like it has in previous years, that will be addressed.
Hey, live and learn ya know. I only spent the $12 to be a spectator anyway, been burned by Fontana too many times. Good to talk to Ryne, Mike and Pauly though - we could make a fortune giving shifting lessons to the honda drivers at our next outing.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPD_Vette84
was fun. weather was kinda stupid sunday with the whole hot/cold thing. my buddy blew his motor on his stock mustang. my car got some looks so i was happy. lol
Want the Vids? ...

BTW, the 3rd Vid came out W/O sound! Stupid iPhone!!! ... So no Fresh Prince of Bell Air music.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

hell yeah i wanna see the vid!!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Teching In

I am collecting video and pictures to put together a compilation like we have every year. If you have some or know someone that does and would like it included please contact me.

We make adjustments every year and try to improve the event, like I say we learn from our mistakes, that must make me the smartest guy on the planet. So expect better next year, this year blew up and did not see that coming, but in some facets it was detrimental. So corrections will be made. I got stuck in it too, my first pass on Monday I sat a 1/2 hour while they picked up honda motor chunks off the track and despite pointing it out i did not get to race the guy behind me. I hear what people are saying and take it into consideration.

Like the saying goes, If you like it tell your friends, if not, tell me.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Mark and all the others involved in the planning and running of LA Invasion thanks. I realize it has a learning curve involved not everyone will be happy but keep it up. If no one else says so good job. Do not give it up. We LS people do need this.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Thanks Claude,

I may do a the planning but the event would not be possible it it were not for the hard work and the dedication of Westbound. They deserve a lot of the credit, because if it was not for them this event would not be possible. I also want to send out a Huge thanks to to Don-Andrew Swertfeger for stepping up and running the car show in Chuck's absents.

[/URL]
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Resident

Reminds me I forgot to get my battery tie down back from Andy :/
Old 06-01-2011, 03:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

haha i know that guy right there Thomas lol small world
Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Teching In

I am collecting video and pictures to put together a compilation like we have every year. If you have some or know someone that does and would like it included please contact me.

Like the saying goes, If you like it tell your friends, if not, tell me.
PM your address and we'll burn the go-pro stuff to disk for you.
And never fear, we'll be back next your with more purple drink....
Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Teching In

I have a bunch, let me know how you want me to get all of the video to you.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...ion-video.html
Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=BayAreaSS;14981194]I was there on sunday and I wish the car show had more room. We had to move the barriers around to get all our cars to fit. And giving the same car two trophies makes no sense.

As for the racing.... I was a spectator and I almost decided to leave early after seeing all the hondas. They sound horrible and can't drive to save their lives. A clean pass was very rare.

LMAO Agreed^^^
Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

I had fun except for the fact that my car wasn't able to finish out the cruise and i had to turn around around 6000' up and didnt get lunch....dam SD tunes. But was impressed that she made it all the way down there and back with no issues other then needing soo much gas. The show was ok but not enough room for parking so we had to move the gates to make a parking spot and not too sure about the way they did the trophies? There was more then one nice car per class!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=redracer1;14981859]+1 on the room I moved my set-up twice but was happy to do it for my fellow enthusist and glad to see a good turn out.

While in some ways I agree with you since we all work very hard to keep up our cars and would like to see more get rewarded for it. The awards were given out by class, 1st gen, 2nd Gen Camaro etc, Mustang/Corvette by years then over all awards so some may have won there Gen/class/yrs and then an over all award. I do like the fact that a rubrick points system was used that included ALL aspects of the cars including suspension.

I am curious as to how they check all aspects of the cars? if you're supposed to fill it in on the piece of paper they give you it definately wouldn't be enough room to list everything! i would have to write a novel to do so. Do they crawl under every car and check? Id just like to know how it is they judge the cars thats all? thanks

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30