Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget missing every gear
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) no hondas!!!, they break all the time, on monday one honda went from the top of 2nd back into 1st, did a front end wheelie and blew the motor/trans all over the track, the track was down for a while..we cant race at there IDRC events, so why can they race at our event??
2) bracket racing and jr dragsters ???? seriously come on! as a sponsor this is not my market at all!!i saw maybe 3-4 of my market base cars race all day!! i would rather pay more for sponsorship and up the entry fee's for racing and see some Late model muscle cars, IE. lsx cars, hemi's, mustangs.... this is what this event was about in the first place!!
3) talk to the track people, they gave all the priority to the full drag cars! because they all knew each other,(hi jim, hi ron, hi bob, **** i heard that kind of **** all day!!!) and favor the regulars....

frankly i am/was a bit aggravated!, this wasnt what i paid to sponsor, and i will likely not sponsor again unless some serious changes are made....

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 05-31-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
1) no hondas!!!, they break all the time, on monday one honda went from the top of 2nd back into 1st, did a front end wheelie and blew the motor/trans all over the track, the track was down for a while..we cant race at there IDRC events, so why can they race at our event??
2) bracket racing and jr dragsters ???? seriously come on! as a sponsor this is not my market at all!!i saw maybe 3-4 of my market base cars race all day!! i would rather pay more for sponsorship and up the entry fee's for racing and see some Late model muscle cars, IE. lsx cars, hemi's, mustangs.... this is what this event was about in the first place!!
3) talk to the track people, they gave all the priority to the full drag cars! because they all knew each other,(hi jim, hi ron, hi bob, **** i heard that kind of **** all day!!!) and favor the regulars....

frankly i am/was a bit aggravated!, this wasnt what i paid to sponsor, and i will likely not sponsor again unless some serious changes are made....
Old 05-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
ya i wanted my 12 buck back, between the hondas and the strip only cars i did not pay for what i wanted to see. some ls1s tearing up the track. sick volvo tho, i checked it out i seen the rear tires and knew something was up was it diesel before?
Thanks, it was a diesel Volvo so its got some pretty aggressive gearing and I don't have to have it smogged. I fired it up for the first time days before the event so I was just happy to be somewhat consistant and not break anything. Now it's time for more power!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I was there on sunday and I wish the car show had more room. We had to move the barriers around to get all our cars to fit. And giving the same car two trophies makes no sense.
+1 on the room I moved my set-up twice but was happy to do it for my fellow enthusist and glad to see a good turn out.

While in some ways I agree with you since we all work very hard to keep up our cars and would like to see more get rewarded for it. The awards were given out by class, 1st gen, 2nd Gen Camaro etc, Mustang/Corvette by years then over all awards so some may have won there Gen/class/yrs and then an over all award. I do like the fact that a rubrick points system was used that included ALL aspects of the cars including suspension.

In all fairness to the actual Invasion event & ourselves we could sell out the event during the PRE-REGISTRATION which started in Jan and ended on May 15th. That would ensure a private track rental as in the past couple yrs. I very much enjoy this event and look forward to it every year. It includes all aspects of what a car enthusist wants, cruzin, drag racing, car show, hanging with friends we might only see once a year from AZ, NV, NorCal. No matter the out come of this years event I'll be there to support it for years to come.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

4) The track is waaaaay too sticky lol jk
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Should be a truck/suv class
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Teching In

well as much complaining as there is I had a great time on the cruise and at the drags on sunday will definitley come back next year.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
4) The track is waaaaay too sticky lol jk
lol shut up
Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by that240guy
Thanks, it was a diesel Volvo so its got some pretty aggressive gearing and I don't have to have it smogged. I fired it up for the first time days before the event so I was just happy to be somewhat consistant and not break anything. Now it's time for more power!
Does your 240 have sparcos & roll cage?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
Congrats James,Ken Chris and the rest of the winners on those awards! It was nice to see everyone once again. Gil, James and his dirty camaro engine bay...lol,Cali G,Mark,lee... lots of bad *** cars.specially those fast *** imports. Props to the CAli Generalz for repping it up like every club should! Congrats to the winners. one thing I didn't understand was that every 1st place winner for its class got another award for the best overal of it's class.example:1st place mustang/best mustang overall. to me that's the same award,just re-worded. specially if it's the same winner/owner.Also all the 1st place winners also got best overall for it's class.that was kinda lame IMH. something you guys might want to look into.
Thanks Luis I appreciate it. I do agree with you a 100% also and feel for all the people that where stuck in the lanes. I also got tired of hearing that pop pop pop pop all the way down the track. And every time we walked over to sit and watch racing a car ( Honda ) would break and then no racing for awhile.

In my book luis you should have gotten a trophy also.

Also Congats Chris for winning your class, car looked clean as hell as always.

Last edited by 1 BLOWN V8; 05-31-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

My friend and I have attended the last 2 or 3 Invasions and have to say this one was different. I spectated this but my bud sign up to race and said the down time waiting in the staging lanes sucked. Both of us raced at the last event and we could have easily made 10 passes or match up if we wanted to. My friend did achieve a PB. He said the track was hookin and thanks to the unusually cool weather and a bit of a tail wind.

On a down note it wasn't cool hearing some opportunistic **** was stealing other peoples stuff in the pits while you're waiting in staging.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMMGWS6
Does your 240 have sparcos & roll cage?
Oh no, I sold my Z a long time ago. It never had anything fancy in it. It was just a fully gutted Z with some pep boys seats and an LS1 T56. I should probably change my Avatar and my sig.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
Congrats James,Ken Chris and the rest of the winners on those awards! It was nice to see everyone once again. Gil, James and his dirty camaro engine bay...lol,Cali G,Mark,lee... lots of bad *** cars.specially those fast *** imports. Props to the CAli Generalz for repping it up like every club should! Congrats to the winners. one thing I didn't understand was that every 1st place winner for its class got another award for the best overal of it's class.example:1st place mustang/best mustang overall. to me that's the same award,just re-worded. specially if it's the same winner/owner.Also all the 1st place winners also got best overall for it's class.that was kinda lame IMH. something you guys might want to look into.
every year u do a lil something diff'
again, super clean this year
1st place in my book
Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Stealing stuff at the racetrack is just being a low life piece of ****, not much more to say.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Teching In

I had a great time this year! Brought both the Camaro and the 240. The 240 got 4 runs in and not even trying to race non-stop. I am sure I could have gotten 8 runs in at least. It was way more packed than the previous years, but for us it worked out great.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Dude I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Launching!

If you wanted to race pro-tree and full tree you could get alot of runs on Sunday but it really wasn't fair that pro-tree was getting funneled through at the expense of the average racers. If you lined up in the pro tree lane you would get 2 or even 3 runs in while those in the full tree lanes waited to get 1

On Monday if you tried to do test n tune you got completely hosed. The track was so clogged up with brackets, Jr Dragsters and breakages that there was really no point even having any test n tune that day. I learned my lesson at past LAI's about racing with brackets going on...its pointless.

I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, there should just be two lines...left lane, right lane. That way no one goes ahead of anyone else with an exception for allowing grudge matches...someone needs to fire that staging chick too...whats up her *** anyway? She could take a lesson in personality from the the time slip lady...damn was she friendly!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slowpoke310
every year u do a lil something diff'
again, super clean this year
1st place in my book
thanks bro. I busted my *** the night before getting her to where she's at. She looked amazing. best she's ever looked in my opinion.that's the last time I show at invasion though. Not to bitch or anything,but I did have the most custom mods in exterior,interior,wheels,and engine bay. most cars were stock looking. judges should take that into considiration. all good. the event was great overall besides the show flaws. I did haave a great time though. Thanks to all of you who had kind words to say. Always a pleasure to see you all.see you guys at the next meet

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Thanks Luis I appreciate it. I do agree with you a 100% also and feel for all the people that where stuck in the lanes. I also got tired of hearing that pop pop pop pop all the way down the track. And every time we walked over to sit and watch racing a car ( Honda ) would break and then no racing for awhile.

In my book luis you should have gotten a trophy also.

Also Congats Chris for winning your class, car looked clean as hell as always.

thanks bro. right back at ya!

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I was there on sunday and I wish the car show had more room. We had to move the barriers around to get all our cars to fit. And giving the same car two trophies makes no sense.
X2
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bigdeezs
If you wanted to race pro-tree and full tree you could get alot of runs on Sunday but it really wasn't fair that pro-tree was getting funneled through at the expense of the average racers. If you lined up in the pro tree lane you would get 2 or even 3 runs in while those in the full tree lanes waited to get 1

On Monday if you tried to do test n tune you got completely hosed. The track was so clogged up with brackets, Jr Dragsters and breakages that there was really no point even having any test n tune that day. I learned my lesson at past LAI's about racing with brackets going on...its pointless.

I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, there should just be two lines...left lane, right lane. That way no one goes ahead of anyone else with an exception for allowing grudge matches...someone needs to fire that staging chick too...whats up her *** anyway? She could take a lesson in personality from the the time slip lady...damn was she friendly!
+1 for the time slip lady!

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30