Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=CUR4VNM;14986390]
Originally Posted by redracer1
+1 on the room I moved my set-up twice but was happy to do it for my fellow enthusist and glad to see a good turn out.

While in some ways I agree with you since we all work very hard to keep up our cars and would like to see more get rewarded for it. The awards were given out by class, 1st gen, 2nd Gen Camaro etc, Mustang/Corvette by years then over all awards so some may have won there Gen/class/yrs and then an over all award. I do like the fact that a rubrick points system was used that included ALL aspects of the cars including suspension.

I am curious as to how they check all aspects of the cars? if you're supposed to fill it in on the piece of paper they give you it definately wouldn't be enough room to list everything! i would have to write a novel to do so. Do they crawl under every car and check? Id just like to know how it is they judge the cars thats all? thanks
Car show judging is pretty arbitrary. You might have 1000 mods on your car, but if they all look like crap, a judge may not like your car at all. Just because you have every bolton in the catalog or did some "custom" work yourself does not win over a judge. Sometimes the best looking cars are just the ones that are stock and clean.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Hey Mark,
Thanks for putting the event together and all your team's efforts. I attended just the cruise. This was my first time and its a great idea/event, and it was fun. I'll PM you some of my thoughts/observations,,,,look forward to next year.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So Fontana drag strip might be getting closed?

http://www.dragzine.com/news/fontana...2f4927acf7ef84
Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
So Fontana drag strip might be getting closed?

http://www.dragzine.com/news/fontana...2f4927acf7ef84
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...-concerns.html
Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=CUR4VNM;14986390]
Originally Posted by redracer1
+1 on the room I moved my set-up twice but was happy to do it for my fellow enthusist and glad to see a good turn out.

While in some ways I agree with you since we all work very hard to keep up our cars and would like to see more get rewarded for it. The awards were given out by class, 1st gen, 2nd Gen Camaro etc, Mustang/Corvette by years then over all awards so some may have won there Gen/class/yrs and then an over all award. I do like the fact that a rubrick points system was used that included ALL aspects of the cars including suspension.

I am curious as to how they check all aspects of the cars? if you're supposed to fill it in on the piece of paper they give you it definately wouldn't be enough room to list everything! i would have to write a novel to do so. Do they crawl under every car and check? Id just like to know how it is they judge the cars thats all? thanks
x2......
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
thanks bro. I busted my *** the night before getting her to where she's at. She looked amazing!
car looked awesome Luis. I was really surprised you didnt win. best looking car by far. no offense Chris
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsteele90
car looked awesome Luis. I was really surprised you didnt win. best looking car by far. no offense Chris
thanks John. I did have a huge mob around my car all day long.like I mentioned before I'm very pleased with how she sits right now.I almost didn't make it to the show. I met alot of new faces. alot of people liked the lil things I had done like the custom windshield w. resivoir,the tall valve covers with the relocated/hidden coils,chrome CME... Everyone had really nice things to say about my car. I appreaciate all those comments.thanks again

[QUOTE=that240guy;14987119]
Originally Posted by CUR4VNM

Car show judging is pretty arbitrary. You might have 1000 mods on your car, but if they all look like crap, a judge may not like your car at all. Just because you have every bolton in the catalog or did some "custom" work yourself does not win over a judge. Sometimes the best looking cars are just the ones that are stock and clean.
ouch! I assure you not every moded car there looked like crap. and I do agree that a clean stock car is elgible to win no one was complaining about that. I detail for a living so I can appreaciate a clean well maintained car.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

[QUOTE=01SOMSS!;14993259]thanks John. I did have a huge mob around my car all day long.like I mentioned before I'm very pleased with how she sits right now.I almost didn't make it to the show. I met alot of new faces. alot of people liked the lil things I had done like the custom windshield w. resivoir,the tall valve covers with the relocated/hidden coils,chrome CME... Everyone had really nice things to say about my car. I appreaciate all those comments.thanks again

Originally Posted by that240guy

ouch! I assure you not every moded car there looked like crap. and I do agree that a clean stock car is elgible to win no one was complaining about that. I detail for a living so I can appreaciate a clean well maintained car.
CUR4VNM owns the red firehawk with a lot of mods and a clean engine bay. I own the gto that was parked next to him. We both went over to your car and checked out the engine bay and all the little touches you did. We were the guys talking about the resevoir and coil relocation. We're actually going to relocate his coils from under the cowl to where you put yours pretty soon.

You, him, and the guy that won had the best 4th gens by far.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

I have seen Louis's car about 4 times now, and it's always clean. Thats why I'm not into show cars because they require lot's of maintenance and I'm always greasy.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

All I know is that I go to quite a few shows including the Super Chevy Show and LA Invasion draws very good collection & amount of Modern F-Bodies. But a car show isn't just about getting an award. Usually it's about raisnig money for a charity, Save the Ta Ta's n this case, a group of car enthusist coming together & perserving the car hobbie at a high level, hanging out with good people that have the same intrests. If you happen to recieve an award while your there for your effort so much the better but shouldn't be the only reason you go, imo. If I never won another award I'd still participate in car shows.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

how come no one posted up their times?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
my customers 240sx with an LS7 went 8.9 @ 153 with the tires rubbing at the end of the track lol
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
my customers 240sx with an LS7 went 8.9 @ 153 with the tires rubbing at the end of the track lol
how about the one pass where she almost hit the wall, let off and got right back on it and STILL trapped over 140
Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
how about the one pass where she almost hit the wall, let off and got right back on it and STILL trapped over 140
yeah that car isnt that light either... we weighed it that day and it came in at 2900 lbs race weight
Old 06-03-2011, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Would you know if Nat Geo got that run on camera? All through the event I kept hearing about that run.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
I made one run on spray - 100 shot. Time slip on the far right. Car# 7625

Old 06-03-2011, 07:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
Would you know if Nat Geo got that run on camera? All through the event I kept hearing about that run.
no clean passes on the nat geo camera..... they will get some nice ones in the future
Old 06-03-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
I have seen Louis's car about 4 times now, and it's always clean. Thats why I'm not into show cars because they require lot's of maintenance and I'm always greasy.

yup. i hate it! and thanks bro.

[QUOTE=BayAreaSS;14993349]
Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
thanks John. I did have a huge mob around my car all day long.like I mentioned before I'm very pleased with how she sits right now.I almost didn't make it to the show. I met alot of new faces. alot of people liked the lil things I had done like the custom windshield w. resivoir,the tall valve covers with the relocated/hidden coils,chrome CME... Everyone had really nice things to say about my car. I appreaciate all those comments.thanks again

CUR4VNM owns the red firehawk with a lot of mods and a clean engine bay. I own the gto that was parked next to him. We both went over to your car and checked out the engine bay and all the little touches you did. We were the guys talking about the resevoir and coil relocation. We're actually going to relocate his coils from under the cowl to where you put yours pretty soon.

You, him, and the guy that won had the best 4th gens by far.
thanks both your cars looked bad ***! good luck with the relocation coils. here's my thread. might make it easier for you 2.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ay-thread.html
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got that run on video Ryne. it is on Lee's camera (zexgx)
i will see if i can get it
Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
i got that run on video Ryne. it is on Lee's camera (zexgx)
i will see if i can get it
I wanna see it!

Heres the first 8 sec pass, me hitting the brakes (lights unplugged) and the second 8 second pass... Nat Geo was there for that crazy pass.. they didnt get the first 2 but atleast they got an interesting one lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qz4JJD_-YE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOavpkRm4_A

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30