Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Painting my friends ws6**** UPDATED PICTURES, CAR FINALLY PUT TOGETHER

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreemurY2K SS
yeah his being another ******* customer, there are small details that didn't come great like I didnt notice that in a small spot prob size of a dime it has some like yellow gold over spray, very lil and can't tell that bad and his like your going to fix it or not??

lol no I will fix the small details, im a man of my word, and if i promised a good job, he will get it, don't wana ruin my rep.
but thats a great idea

yes idiots that don't know when they get a good *** deal

Im going to tell him when I give him the car, if you have a problem with anything take it to a shop next time and see how much they rape you for, especially for 3-4 coats of clear, 2 tone paint, one being a metallic, wet sand and buff, body work, plastic work, tear whole car...wtf is 1400 not a great fukn deal?? thats atleast a 3K job atleast

thanks bro, ill see if my 92 comes out even better
That's a 4k job easy.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

btw here are some pictures i started to put it back together so im pretty much done with it...

enjoy

hands down, thats AMAZING work.
keep it up man!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah don't ruin your rep with this *** hole, just do your best and get your name out there. The car looks great and he got a really awesome deal.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

With a paint job like that, I wouldn't care if there were a couple blemishes here and there. I'd LOVE to have that yellow color on my car with a black roof.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Teching In

lol no I will fix the small details, im a man of my word, and if i promised a good job, he will get it, don't wana ruin my rep.
but thats a great idea
Thats how i know your a good guy and great painter cause you still care about the job your working on props for that because after some of the bs he gave you i bet you really dont want to touch this car anymore.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Yea once this car is done ill probably try not to deal with him or anything, but car looks fukn great for a couple of details that r extremely small and he doesn't appreciate all fukn work done, but the good thing is ill fix it and get my money and I'm happy and his happy... but yes like young said I'm not trying to screw him over its just hard for it to have even come out this clean outside...and I'm a man of my word when if it was someone else they would have been here's your car and take it without fixing or anything...
Old 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Btw if you want that yellow its called mango madness pearl from summit, great paint but u will take like 2 gallons of paint to get that shade and to jamb car and everything, sick color thought to paint my 92 that color but imo it fits newer cars only
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Btw if you want that yellow its called mango madness pearl from summit, great paint but u will take like 2 gallons of paint to get that shade and to jamb car and everything, sick color thought to paint my 92 that color but imo it fits newer cars only
How much of what did you have to buy (since you said there was a metallic), and how did you layer it?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

I bought a gallon and 3 quarts and did 5 coats of the yellow to get it a nice full tone to it...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Gallon is like 180-190 shipped and quarts are 88 shipped
Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

That's right. Your rep is reflected on the quality of work you put out. If you put out junk thats what people will expect from you. If you put out excellent work people are willing to pay the extra $$$ for it.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

ok I put on the front bumper and I have to say looks fukn killer.

and I also took pictures of the lil blemishes that he is complaining about

Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

That looks sick!!!! finish the car already I want to see that whip all done lol jp take your time looks nice you got some skills thats for sure
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

F@ck that dude for that price I wouldn't even care about those minor details. Nice job man.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

at first I was like i would be pissed too if there was a noticeable spot on my car that didnt get painted but then i saw the pictures and thats something he can take care of himself, so you got a little paint on the glass cant he take some goof off and wipe it off when he washes it??? and you didnt fully paint a hinge cant he do that himself, as long as the exterior is painted good he shouldnt be complaining. I didnt even mention the other picture cause who would look at the car that close lmao but the funny thing is as soon as he drives that car on the road pebbles and rock dust is already attacking his paint. Great Job hope my car comes out that clean when i get mine painted.

Last edited by LS1aiden; 04-14-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

wouldnt a clay bar remove that overspray? I dont see whats wrong with the gas door. Is it missing paint or is that just polishing compound?

Where is that crack in the paint?

you did a phenomenal job for a back yard paint job. I will bet that you increased the value of the car more than he paid you for the job. thats the bigger the picture that the owner needs to consider.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

I don't agree with the guy complaining but I would want it fixed too. Maybe its just me but I'm **** when it comes to **** like that. You do some sick *** work man I give you props. I sure as hell wouldn't be complaining, but I'd bring the discrepancies up like a civil person. No big deal really though. The only thing is, you're giving the hook up to the wrong people man.

Look at all these people here on tech. IMO, I'd be all over helping people out here. The jerk off bitching about the time, like your guy is doing now, would be getting charged full price. I can say if I only paid 1400 for this job, I'd give you all the time in the world. People just don't understand that quality work takes a little bit of time.

Anyways, good work man! It looks ******' sick.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

The problem is I spotted some yellow in and blew into the black, and didn't notice it till after I applied clear so I need to spot that black in... and yes I recognized I shouldn't have hooked him up with such a good price the thing is, I know what's wrong and that ill fix it before I give it back I just don't appreciate how demanded or asked me to...like if I was going to screw him over...and the problem with the fuel door it had a lot of gas spilled and grease and even tho I cleaned it, the sealer/paint didn't bight it in
Old 04-16-2011, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

look how freakin bad *** this looks???

you could seriously not complain on how good it looks, looks like it had been painted in a booth you wouldn't even know it was painted outside

Old 04-16-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

IDK, if I paid for a perfect paint job I'd expect it. Yeah you gave him a great deal and it looks good for sure, but you also agreed on the price kinda knowing what you were getting in to.

Obviously you're going to make it right, and if he mentioned it in a non ******* way just "picky" I don't see where the issue is with wanting a car back in perfect form.

That paint job is way more then a 4K job IMO....you definitely hooked him up with what you charged him, lol.

Quick Reply: Painting my friends ws6**** UPDATED PICTURES, CAR FINALLY PUT TOGETHER