Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

This is too much: California orders gay history in school textbooks

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Howard Zinn's books are freaking eye opening. The **** we never learn in school is insane.
LOL when I think of Howard Zinn, the NOFX song Franco Unamerican haha. Yeah the stuff they leave out is ridiculous, lets teach the kids about everything in history then and correctly before we start throwing sexual orientation in there. So ridiculous, but then again Jerry Brown is a corrupt, idiotic douche.

Time to move to Texas I guess lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

English, Math, Since, History; Stick to basics and let the parents do the parenting.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." People's beliefs are not to come in contact with government. Religion is not promoted or prohibited; it should be the same thing with sexual orientation. I'm not saying don't teach about tolerance--not at all. The Holocaust, Seneca Falls, Martin Luther King, and Mathew Shephard all need to be discussed, but the bottom line of each should be for kids to grow up tolerant of each other. There's a reason religion is kept out of the educational curriculum. Public school should have nothing to do with personal beliefs.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Teaching something in the classroom JUST to be politically correct is wrong. How is this action not a means of forcing homosexuality tolerance/acceptance in an atmosphere that should be strictly for learning. I mean, as long as a student is allowed to opt out of any classroom instructions/readings/homework assignments having to do with homosexuality, without it negatively affecting the rest of their academic performance, then that's something.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 180ls1
This is more about forcing their agenda and tolerance then it about improving the education of our children.
I agree completely!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Veteran

if CA splits up i hope that stays in northern CA. LA county can have that bullshit along with the liberal laws.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

i have nothing against gays or thier lifestyle but i dont see a point to teaching it in school...i sure as hell think my 8 yr old daughter could be learning other things much more benefcial to her success...just stupid imo
Old 07-16-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think they are asking the wrong question, the question should be... 'Should we have public schools?'

Obviously there are so many issues with the system that is in place right now, Im not so sure we should even have public schooling. Now before you jump the gun and say, 'if theres no public school then everyone will be dumb.'

First I'd have to say, look at the people in America who make it through the public school system... youve seen Maury, or Dr Phil... those people genreally HAVE public educations.

Secondly im not saying we shouldnt have schools, im just suggesting MAYBE the government isnt the one that should be teaching our kids... or more importantly shouldnt be choosing the information that gets taught to our kids.

Just a thought...
Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

I let you guys have your off topic stuff in here, but some of the posts in here are clearly crossing some lines.

Quick Reply: This is too much: California orders gay history in school textbooks