Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

who built this masterpiece?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
For the record all I did was call out die hard TPI guys on tgo.org who were threatened by simple LSx swaps and claimed the TPI was superior in 3rd gens

If iI wanted to build a high HP car with poor street manners, no interior/amenities and set up for the 1/4 mile I would have (probably for less $$). I could say the same "come talk **** when your car has paint and gets 28 mpg"

To each their own
HAHA you want some MPG then get a hybrid civic. You do realize that e85 has less energy than gas so it requires about 20%-30% more fuel which means less MPG. If you don't mind being slower and like to get good MPG get a civic and put a CAI and a muffler. I'm not into "Show" Cars, I choose flat black paint just like alot of guys with luxury car paint their cars flat.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Oh and look around on tech besides the western section lots and I mean lots of people do extreme weight reduction and still drive their cars on the street Are you going to start talking **** on them too? That way you can be in the "Hall of Douches" on here and thirdgen.org

I never knew about you on thirdgen.org till I got some PM's telling me that you act like a douche there too. I'm done here obviously you got nothing to show besides how much of a douche you can be in the internet.

Oh & TPI TERROR I really do think the car came out clean. I got nothing against you, You got skill with those thirdgens. Now if you can only get your brothers ignorant bashing out of your threads that will make you "The Man"
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow. i like how expeditious just comments in here saying, "looks nice", and "but i still dont like the dash "
and people have to act like douche bags. its ridiculous.
nice third gen regardless, but i personally dont go on tech to just read internet drama.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pfffttt...that's cake, not to highjack your thread but look what I built with my eyes closed

In all seriousness it might be too much power for the owner going from under 200rwhp to over 400rwhp once the exhaust is on there. He would have never got there with the TPI boat anchor

Let's ask thegooseman what he thinks about that, I believe I helped him put together a really nice 397 RWHP TPI motor that is smog legal, and he gets similar MPG's as me, the LS1 is not the end all of GM engines.

Very clean install TPI terror, wiring is a skill i have not mastered yet i like to work with moving parts.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

back to topic.

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
nice third gen regardless, but i personally dont go on tech to just read internet drama.
thanks bro it was hard work in the sun. i put alot of effort into this guys car.still missing a few interior panels.

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Let's ask thegooseman what he thinks about that, I believe I helped him put together a really nice 397 RWHP TPI motor that is smog legal, and he gets similar MPG's as me, the LS1 is not the end all of GM engines.
Very clean install TPI terror, wiring is a skill i have not mastered yet i like to work with moving parts.
IIRC a mini ram isnt smog legal due to the egr not being present.

ls1 is not the end of all gm engine but its preference vs spending the right amount of money to build a high hp tpi.

heres a story:
on the rotw cruise i ran a iroc pushing 392rwhp highly modded tpi, after market intake with extensive porting, heads, cam, headers, full exhaust, built trans, perf clutch, gears, dyno tuned and who knows what more. all of this was "smog legal" at the time.

well he wasn't satisfied that my stock ls1 pulled him.* still on stock manifolds.. so hes been hitting me up for a rematch because he ditched his smog legal set up and got a hold of a mini ram . * lt1 style short runner aftermarket intake. he retuned it an finally hit the 400rwhp range.

either he has personal issues against ls1 transplants or he just likes the competition. not sure well see the outcome sometime soon.

thanks Adam the car most possibly will be his daily driver. he now needs a big brake upgrade and highly doubt that the rear end will hold.

cant wait to test drive this one.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

yea a built tpi. there are cars on here with cam only making more.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
back to topic.

thanks bro it was hard work in the sun. i put alot of effort into this guys car.still missing a few interior panels.

IIRC a mini ram isnt smog legal due to the egr not being present.

ls1 is not the end of all gm engine but its preference vs spending the right amount of money to build a high hp tpi.

heres a story:
on the rotw cruise i ran a iroc pushing 392rwhp highly modded tpi, after market intake with extensive porting, heads, cam, headers, full exhaust, built trans, perf clutch, gears, dyno tuned and who knows what more. all of this was "smog legal" at the time.

well he wasn't satisfied that my stock ls1 pulled him.* still on stock manifolds.. so hes been hitting me up for a rematch because he ditched his smog legal set up and got a hold of a mini ram . * lt1 style short runner aftermarket intake. he retuned it an finally hit the 400rwhp range.

either he has personal issues against ls1 transplants or he just likes the competition. not sure well see the outcome sometime soon.

thanks Adam the car most possibly will be his daily driver. he now needs a big brake upgrade and highly doubt that the rear end will hold.

cant wait to test drive this one.

Nice, yeah I knw him and I had talked about tapping it for the EGR to make it "smog" legal not sure if he did that as of right now.

What? stock 10 bolts hold up perfectly, I got about 150 passes out of mine haha.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Teching In

nice man coming out pretty good keep up the good work
Old 08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stock displacement tpi or 383 with aftermarket intake as in not tpi anymore haha? Just a stroker small block with a carb will put out 400. Tossing out the helps tho it does look cool. I'm all for putting the latest and greatest in any year car, everyone knows the engine is a better platform to start with.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
yea a built tpi. there are cars on here with cam only making more.
Yes, but he said he couldn't make those numbers with a TPI, I love LSx engines, I am going to do a LSx swap when I get my second gen just for a retro-mod muscle feel.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Oh and look around on tech besides the western section lots and I mean lots of people do extreme weight reduction and still drive their cars on the street Are you going to start talking **** on them too? That way you can be in the "Hall of Douches" on here and thirdgen.org

I never knew about you on thirdgen.org till I got some PM's telling me that you act like a douche there too. I'm done here obviously you got nothing to show besides how much of a douche you can be in the internet.

Oh & TPI TERROR I really do think the car came out clean. I got nothing against you, You got skill with those thirdgens. Now if you can only get your brothers ignorant bashing out of your threads that will make you "The Man"
Get the sand out of your vagina, its only the internet brah.

I don't think you get it so I'll simplify it. All I said was everyone builds what they want (race car or daily). I can reverse your argument and ask you if you are going to start talking **** to everyone that doesn't have full race car w/o paint? Funny thing is that TPI Terr's threads aren't even about you but you find away to make them about your cool car. Who's on who's nuts haha!!!

About your PM's I guess haters gonna hate You've held the douche title for too long for me to try and take it so take care

Don't want to clutter this thread up anymore, if you feel inclined to PM. I'm over it.

Last edited by CyberGrey Z28; 08-26-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: ..
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's impressive, I'm guessing it's aftermarket H/C/I with tons of custom porting? How much do you think was spent? Do you guys run similar times?

I hear ya on the wiring, its a skill I don't mind mastering
Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's impressive, I'm guessing it's aftermarket H/C/I with tons of custom porting? How much do you think was spent? Do you guys run similar times?

I hear ya on the wiring, its a skill I don't mind mastering

I believe he spent less than doing a proper LS1 swap. He also wanted to keep the car TPI, My car makes less than 400 to the wheels and it's cammed with milled heads and LS6 intake, so LS1's don't just make 400 out the box, full bolt-ons on a 6 speed car get you high 300's maybe 400 but not the norm.

He ran it once for a 8.8 second best at irwindale, the car has more in it and I believe he has all the bug worked out. Im just saying it is possible, yes the LSx platform is easier to start with but hey whats the fun in that hahaha.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Very Nice swap.Install work looks great.Have you guys thought of using the front bumper and making a dual CAI?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Get the sand out of your vagina, its only the internet brah.

I don't think you get it so I'll simplify it. All I said was everyone builds what they want (race car or daily). I can reverse your argument and ask you if you are going to start talking **** to everyone that doesn't have full race car w/o paint? Funny thing is that TPI Terr's threads aren't even about you but you find away to make them about your cool car. Who's on who's nuts haha!!!

About your PM's I guess haters gonna hate You've held the douche title for too long for me to try and take it so take care

Don't want to clutter this thread up anymore, if you feel inclined to PM. I'm over it.
When did I mention my car? Your the one who is bringing it up to try to talk ****. You try and say my wiring looks simple and yet you say you can't wire for ****, Isn't that contradicting yourself? Only cause I was trying to give give him an easier way instead of cutting and splicing into a stock harness. Please, I have room to talk I done 3rd gen ls1 swaps including the wiring and built my car myself, which people seem to like even though it doesn't meet your standards. You on the other hand speak straight out of your *** and have no experience to back it up. Just stick to pulling transmissions and keep your ***/mouth shut

Your only over it cause you know you got nothing else to pull out of your ***.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry for the thread hijack TPI TERROR.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I believe he spent less than doing a proper LS1 swap. He also wanted to keep the car TPI, My car makes less than 400 to the wheels and it's cammed with milled heads and LS6 intake, so LS1's don't just make 400 out the box, full bolt-ons on a 6 speed car get you high 300's maybe 400 but not the norm.

He ran it once for a 8.8 second best at irwindale, the car has more in it and I believe he has all the bug worked out. Im just saying it is possible, yes the LSx platform is easier to start with but hey whats the fun in that hahaha.
It should definitely runs faster with that kind of power. Was he not hooking? What did it trap?

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
When did I mention my car? Your the one who is bringing it up to try to talk ****. You try and say my wiring looks simple and yet you say you can't wire for ****, Isn't that contradicting yourself? Only cause I was trying to give give him an easier way instead of cutting and splicing into a stock harness. Please, I have room to talk I done 3rd gen ls1 swaps including the wiring and built my car myself, which people seem to like even though it doesn't meet your standards. You on the other hand speak straight out of your *** and have no experience to back it up. Just stick to pulling transmissions and keep your ***/mouth shut

Your only over it cause you know you got nothing else to pull out of your ***.
I was being sarcastic about your wiring being simple, guess you missed that huh Sorry if I offended your sensitive side.

It's easy to be an internet tough guy, like I said if you have anything else to add go ahead and PM. If not, it's ok you win cool guy!

Last edited by CyberGrey Z28; 08-26-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: ...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

I hate threads like this when I'm trying to save money!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It should definitely runs faster with that kind of power. Was he not hooking? What did it trap?

I don't know, I do know he is having an issue with the TV cable and not quite sure if he was hooking. I know that car should be capable of high 7's easy at Irwindale. Not too bad considering it's just ZZ4 rods, hypereutectic .030" over pistons.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LBC_TBSS07
nice man coming out pretty good keep up the good work
thanks bro!

Originally Posted by MillerTime85
Very Nice swap.Install work looks great.Have you guys thought of using the front bumper and making a dual CAI?
thank you. the stock size of the dual tpi inlet looks pretty weak. ill be working on modifying a bigger inlet for one of the tpi guys out here in socal.
not many choices to go with on the 3g besides a custom aluminum cai.

id like to know as well .. a lot of the hardcore tpi guys don't like sharing those $numbers$

majority of them have to drop a good amount of cash on afr heads, custom headers and custom porting on a aftermarket intake itself to hit the 400rwhp. i prefer a carb set up in that case. (port jobs on those intakes arent as basic or cheap as porting a fast intake for an ls)
*you got the lower intake to take care of, the runners, the upper plenum.the front portion by the tb, some welding required depending on the design of the intake.

like roy said an aftermarket intake as on a sbc is not a tpi anymore.

ask me how i know? i did the research before i went ls1.
i was running a 355 tpi hypereutectic pistons full bolt ons with a mild cam. aftermarket bell housing and ls1 t56. etc etc

track times were ok but i found out the hard way when it came testing my set up off the 1/8mile vs. my friends bone stock 98 trans am.

not sure what your bud is running but you should test it out with your ride.

Quick Reply: who built this masterpiece?