Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Places to get a 10 bolt rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011 | 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Lee buy a 12bolt or a used 10bolt..or do it yourself. Personally wouldnt waste the money on a 10bolt..didnt you learn from your trans do it right do it once..
I learned from the used trans not to buy used costly driveline parts without knowing their history. Also, I'm not wasting any money on a 10 bolt. It's 10 bolt now, and 9" or S60 later. No other options. My car hasn't had one issue with 10 bolts other than the bearings slowly grinding away.

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
aw dude, if you ring & pinion are fine and you just need that done, bring it by.

I can help you with that, or do it for you. I live in Pasadena now.
Eh, really... You can do the inner and outer bearings?

Last edited by ZexGX; 11-11-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2011 | 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I learned from the used trans not to buy used costly driveline parts without knowing their history. Also, I'm not wasting any money on a 10 bolt. It's 10 bolt now, and 9" or S60 later. No other options. My car hasn't had one issue with 10 bolts other than the bearings slowly grinding away.

Yup. I can do Ring & Pinion too, but don't really like to mess with that on other peoples cars, because some people will abuse it and want warranty repairs.

I have carrier bearing shims.
I think I know where my axle puller set is, I can look tonight.
Old 11-11-2011 | 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZexGX

Yeah, you cheaped out and didn't do it right. Any money spent on a 10 bolt is wasting it. If you were doing this yourself, rather than paying someone to do it it'd be different. If Rocndav can do it for you its worth it. But how much is parts? You can buy a good cheap 10 bolt for $200-300.
Old 11-11-2011 | 08:22 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Lee we build rear ends here. We could have done it when we did your trans. Call me I'll give you a good price.

Quick Reply: Places to get a 10 bolt rebuilt