Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Prius drivers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Electric cars are coming. You might as well get used to it. If you don't want one, don't buy one. But don't think for a minute that hating on them is going to stop it.
Of course electric cars are coming. I understand it's all a developmental process. My point is it's not cost effective or convenient to purchase electric/hybrid cars at this time and it won't be for decades upon decades. In developing hybrids, the automotive manufacturers will gradually phase out the combustion engine/electric power ratio until technology improves and they start producing all electric, easily affordable vehicles. Either that, or start dumping money into developing smaller hydraulic and pneumatic hybrids.

I'm guessing you're defending your hybrid sitting in the driveway? Or are you butt-hurt because you're an electrical engineer?
Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaKid
I'm guessing you're defending your hybrid sitting in the driveway? Or are you butt-hurt because you're an electrical engineer?
Neither. I am just not afraid of the future or change. I speculate that most of the haters feel like if they support or embrace technological advancement and change, then the things that they are currently doing and enjoy have to be wrong, thereby making them wrong. I would guess this makes them defensive and angry and they strike out at their perceived enemy. In striking out, they create all kinds of biased arguments to justify their position. Of course, this is speculation.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by C5natie
F that. I dont let jerks in. If I have to slow down then they have to hit the brakes and wait for me to pass to merge. If theyre going fast enough and have enough room then it shouldnt affect me or my speed. Thats how I drive. If I get in front of someone its at a speed and distance where that driver shouldnt have to let off the gas.
Consider this. We all create the world we live in with every action. We are all out there just trying to get where we are going. Consider giving up 20 feet occasionally in your journeys. There is nothing to it. It takes a lot of stress off of the guy looking for a place to merge and you just might feel good about it after it is done. In fact, it may lower your stress levels and increase your happiness while on the road. Day after day making the experience for yourself and others less stressful and more enjoyable on the road. These types of positive interactions with others improves the quality of life and self esteem. All you have to lose is 20 feet.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the only thing wrong with the current electric and Hybrid car market is that the Government has tried to force feed it to the public. So we have dismal selection to chose from that only a radical tree hugger would want. Eventually when the public demand is naturally high enough they'll be a good market for investing in electric and hybrid technology and then you likely have a wide range of options available on the choice of clean-air car. As of now there's only a handful of nice hybrid vehicles and fewer yet nice electric cars on the market, and most of those are out of the price range of most drivers. Hell, if the market was right for electric cars, right now, we would all be doing the same thing; trying to make them faster and look cooler!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Hell, if the market was right for electric cars, right now, we would all be doing the same thing; trying to make them faster and look cooler!
There are those who are ahead of the curve:

http://www.nedra.com

http://youtu.be/2_ukLgsGEzs

http://youtu.be/RESC54vHr40
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM

We have two Prius' and they average 55mpg at 65+ mph, and top speed is 110mph;
and I dont have any trouble running them there. We have a 1995 Camaro z28 which is fun to drive, but at 18mpg....
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Is it just me or are they the most aggressive looking cars at night when they are coming up behind you at 80+?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Partsmore I doubt that you are one of the one's we are speaking of. I would love that kind of MPG! I would drive it like I stole it also. Never would I slow down traffic, that's CHP's job.

Quick Reply: Prius drivers