Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

California = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going to have to disagree on you paying more for gas lol, im from longisland where everything is overpriced!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cali guys have nice weather but thats it, but what is nice weather when ya cant mod your cars or do anything with the car hobby, its a freaking tease thats what it is,
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can open carry just not handguns
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget the cops too. Southern California at least. They're all huge ******** now. I've got no criminal history, and my speeding tickets stopped about 4 years ago now. I'm 22 and I've been told to shut up when answering questions they asked, and all kinds of other stuff. Had my car searched by a dog because they 'suspected' something in my old camaro. Been told to,"Not ******* lie." when I told the cop I don't drink alcohol.

Out of the past 6 years of driving, I've met 2 good cops, one during the beginning of my driving life, and one recently. The rest have been guys that just talked **** to my face and/or repeatedly accused me of **** that was just bullshit.

And that's after being polite as ******* possible with no attitude or anything. After a while it began to **** me off so I would just answer them in the same way they speak to me attitude wise.

I started doing it with the last officer that came up to my car at my house and he was actually being nice, so I just spoke to him the same way, we both left with no problems.

From my experience it seems like an overwhelming amount of them are just pissed off completely. I understand work related stress(if that's even the reason for them to be mad), but like any other job field, if it's causing you problems like that, maybe you should search elsewhere for a job.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
yeah but i cant stand the heat.... even though it is dry, its frickin 115 degrees!

never thought of that place.... how is the weather?

my buddy brian Mcmahon lives there, excellent tuner.... might be cool being closer to him to pick his brain...
San Antonio weather is almost identical to Austin (Austin and San Antonio are only about 45mins-1hr drive from each other) - which is to say it's a lot like southern Cali only a little hotter in the summer. Austin is also a great town and I've lived here almost all my life but Austin is not the same cool place as it once was; tons of people, mostly overly self-important DBs from California (no offense to you guys, I know they aren't indicative of all Californians), moved in and turned it into a mini LA (minus the cool **** the SoCal has to offer). It's gotten very expensive, VERY crowded and the traffic problem is often ranked as one of the worst in the nation. Austin is a small city that got way to big, way to fast and now the infrastructure is pretty much landlocked.

As far as the housing prices, depends on where the house is. If you want a nice place in a good part of town (not including the outlying areas), expect to start around $300k and go up from there.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

California is not what it used to be... those that are stuck in it have to live with it, to everyone else DO NOT come to California unless it's business/vacation related. NEVER under any circumstance consider living here.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

meh, i moved here from AZ and don't mind it much.

I'm 25, single, and moved here for work. I'm not really affected by any of the stupid laws most people complain about. Gas is expensive everywhere, and cops are dicks in every state.

I can understand why you natives are tired of it though, just as i was tired of AZ after living there for 15 years. I am originally from Florida, daytona to be exact, and i'll never move back there either, shitty weather/cities.

every place has it's strong points and weak points. I remember going on vacations to CA to the beach/disney land and i always thought it would be cool to live by the beach, so i enjoy living here for the time being. No idea where i'll end up in the future but i dig it for now.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
cali guys have nice weather but thats it, but what is nice weather when ya cant mod your cars or do anything with the car hobby, its a freaking tease thats what it is,
There's modded cars here everywhere and the performance shops are packed full of people. Not true. Weather is the best, the beaches are the best, the women, the diversity, and also the richest.

Property is expensive, and some of the laws are shitty, but if you overlook that, it's one of the best places in the world to live hands down.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by need2speed94
California is not what it used to be... those that are stuck in it have to live with it, to everyone else DO NOT come to California unless it's business/vacation related. NEVER under any circumstance consider living here.
Then why is the demand for housing so high? And why is the prices of property so high? They don't raise themselves. It's the other people who are stuck. If you're a home owner in California, you can pick up and comfortably move to anywhere else in the country. Others can't do that, they're stuck where they are and it creates a hatred for this state and the people in it. If nobody wanted to live here the housing market would crash, and homes would be worth what they are in every other state.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jermzz
Then why is the demand for housing so high? And why is the prices of property so high? They don't raise themselves. It's the other people who are stuck. If you're a home owner in California, you can pick up and comfortably move to anywhere else in the country. Others can't do that, they're stuck where they are and it creates a hatred for this state and the people in it. If nobody wanted to live here the housing market would crash, and homes would be worth what they are in every other state.
Becuase morons are attracted to the beaches and the "awesome weather" which is only specific to southern california, and when they get here they realize... California is a state with a ton of unemployment, car/smog laws out the ***, LA is just a pain in the *** to live in because of traffic... I've lived in the big cities and the small cities and quite frankly I've had enough of California.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Because there are not enough houses for everyone in a specific area to live in. This state is so overpopulated it's not even funny. So the people who live here and wish to own property have to outbid the other person for it.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

^ Not to mention all the people hopping the boarder are most likely to come to California, taking more and more jobs and populating the cities while doing nothing whatsoever for the economy.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

There's modded cars here everywhere and the performance shops are packed full of people. Not true. Weather is the best, the beaches are the best, the women, the diversity, and also the richest.

Property is expensive, and some of the laws are shitty, but if you overlook that, it's one of the best places in the world to live hands down.
Dude, Give it 10 more years and you will HAVE To know Spanish. This is a hotspot for illegals who are feeding off the system, California seems to allow it as well. Why do you think we are deep in a hole right now?, it is one of the reasons. And Now we want to give them licenses, WTF?

If it continues like this soon we will have to put a boarder around California.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

^ Not to mention all the people hopping the boarder are most likely to come to California, taking more and more jobs and populating the cities while doing nothing whatsoever for the economy.
Not only that but they hurt it by working without paying taxes, Then sending the money they made back to their countries to feed their 10 children.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Becuase morons are attracted to the beaches and the "awesome weather" which is only specific to southern california, and when they get here they realize... California is a state with a ton of unemployment, car/smog laws out the ***, LA is just a pain in the *** to live in because of traffic... I've lived in the big cities and the small cities and quite frankly I've had enough of California.
First of all, good California weather is not specific to only Southern California. I don't know where you came up with that, but ok.

Second, I realize this is a car forum, but 99.9% of everyone in California does not drive a modified late model car. The other .1% hate it sure, but to the MASS MAJORITY of people here, smog laws are meaningless. They're trying to smash out that other .01%, but it won't happen. The die hards don't care. The traffic sucks sure, but just at commute time, at least up here. It's not that bad. There's gotta be SOME drawbacks.

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Because there are not enough houses for everyone in a specific area to live in. This state is so overpopulated it's not even funny. So the people who live here and wish to own property have to outbid the other person for it.
Maybe in the low budget areas that's a problem, but the high dollar houses are being bought and sold just as fast, houses that those illegals won't ever do anything other then clean. million + dollar houses. I believe the problem down there in SoCal is worse then it is up here. There's areas here with Mexicans, even illegals, but it's not nearly as bad as you guys make it out to be. I'll never move from here. If I was forced to, I'd probably go to Florida although the humidity would kill me.

Nowhere else in the country can you go to the beach in the winter, go to Vegas, go snow skiing, visit a large industrial city, visit the desert, go mountain climbing, visit another country, go to disneyland and be back home in 1 week without ever setting foot into an airport. There's so much ******* **** to do, and so many beautiful places here and people just take a couple things and twist one of the best places into something terrible. I don't get you guys, really. lol. I could go on.. the national parks, food. San Francisco has per square mile more restaurants then anywhere else in the country.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

First of all, good California weather is not specific to only Southern California. I don't know where you came up with that, but ok.

Second, I realize this is a car forum, but 99.9% of everyone in California does not drive a modified late model car. The other .1% hate it sure, but to the MASS MAJORITY of people here, smog laws are meaningless. They're trying to smash out that other .01%, but it won't happen. The die hards don't care. The traffic sucks sure, but just at commute time, at least up here. It's not that bad. There's gotta be SOME drawbacks.

Maybe in the low budget areas that's a problem, but the high dollar houses are being bought and sold just as fast, houses that those illegals won't ever do anything other then clean. million + dollar houses. I believe the problem down there in SoCal is worse then it is up here. There's areas here with Mexicans, even illegals, but it's not nearly as bad as you guys make it out to be. I'll never move from here. If I was forced to, I'd probably go to Florida although the humidity would kill me.

Nowhere else in the country can you go to the beach in the winter, go to Vegas, go snow skiing, visit a large industrial city, visit the desert, go mountain climbing, visit another country, go to disneyland and be back home in 1 week without ever setting foot into an airport. There's so much ******* **** to do, and so many beautiful places here and people just take a couple things and twist one of the best places into something terrible. I don't get you guys, really. lol. I could go on.. the national parks, food. San Francisco has per square mile more restaurants then anywhere else in the country.
Do you live in a million dollar zip code? I live in a median area in orange county, and it's a problem here. I was born and raised in orange county and have see it get worse and worse every year.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you live in a million dollar zip code? I live in a median area in orange county, and it's a problem here. I was born and raised in orange county and have see it get worse and worse every year.
I live in between the 2 richest zip codes in the country as rated by Forbes. =p (im not rich by any means though)

Doesn't matter though, as a whole, California is tough to beat despite it's flaws. Nobody can deny that unless they're a straight hater, and they'd be wrong! Have some pride in your state guys, hating isn't gonna make it any better for you!

Last edited by jermzz; 03-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

I live in between the 2 richest zip codes in the country as rated by Forbes. =p (im not rich by any means though)

Doesn't matter though, as a whole, California is tough to beat despite it's flaws. Nobody can deny that unless they're a straight hater, and they'd be wrong! Have some pride in your state guys, hating isn't gonna make it any better for you!
I too live 30 min away from multi-million dollar beach front homes in Newport beach. but that doesn't help me any.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I too live 30 min away from multi-million dollar beach front homes in Newport beach. but that doesn't help me any.
Didn't say it did, but it's sure nice isnt it????? Set your eyes on the prize. My family lives in these areas, but it's much harder to do today then it was 20 years ago when it was much cheaper! One day....
Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Didn't say it did, but it's sure nice isnt it????? Set your eyes on the prize. My family lives in these areas, but it's much harder to do today then it was 20 years ago when it was much cheaper! One day....
Oh yeah, It's nice to see other people enjoying all the things that I will never have.

Quick Reply: California = Fail