Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

California = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stereotypical "always sunny" weather is not present here, I'm in Northern California. Southern California, sure. Extremely crappy air quality and sunny days is what you get down in Southern California. Either way California is completely overrated and overhyped.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Oh yeah, It's nice to see other people enjoying all the things that I will never have.
negative nancy. ok man you win. im done here.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

The Bay Area all the way baby!!! you got infinion race way just 30min away and you got 7st oakland cal street racing just 5min away. And performance shops on every city. OOO and the best wheater.

Last edited by 1hotlt1; 03-01-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
San Antonio weather is almost identical to Austin (Austin and San Antonio are only about 45mins-1hr drive from each other) - which is to say it's a lot like southern Cali only a little hotter in the summer. Austin is also a great town and I've lived here almost all my life but Austin is not the same cool place as it once was; tons of people, mostly overly self-important DBs from California (no offense to you guys, I know they aren't indicative of all Californians), moved in and turned it into a mini LA (minus the cool **** the SoCal has to offer). It's gotten very expensive, VERY crowded and the traffic problem is often ranked as one of the worst in the nation. Austin is a small city that got way to big, way to fast and now the infrastructure is pretty much landlocked.

As far as the housing prices, depends on where the house is. If you want a nice place in a good part of town (not including the outlying areas), expect to start around $300k and go up from there.

I have been looking out there, for around the $200k range you can get something 1000 sq feet bigger than my current house and it is comparable price wise. I don't know if we will like Austin, at least I can open carry and smog is a joke lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1hotlt1
The Bay Area all the way baby!!! you got infinion race way just 30min away and you got 7st oakland cal street racing just 5min away. And performance shops on every city. OOO and the best wheater.
Sorry but I still know quite a few people who won't go near Oakland. FYI "weather" is not spelled "Wheter". Even in the bay area you still have those stupid hippies in San Fran.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

ive lived in arkansas and in colorado...it may suck here but ill nevr ever leave again...
Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Damn I might just have to revisit the idea of moving to Texas.
Trust me bud, we have our fair share of bullshit to put up with...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Launching!

I been to more then a few states and when it comes to things to do, partying, women, weather and GOOD food, there's just no place like CA. I live in the getto so I constantly get pulled over for no reason, suspicion?. Anaheim and Fullerton cops are the biggest ******** that I've come across in all the different states that I've been to. Smog ain't really a problem if you know "people". The high cost of living and high business competition is what makes it hard for me to fully enjoy it here.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i would really like to relocate my business to another state, but i dont know where.... texas would be nice, but crap that place is already saturated with performance shops
NV, AZ, TX.

I was on a plane last week and read an article about San Antonio. I was surprised to learn it has the second largest population in the state of TX. If you evaluate it further, take a look at median income and cost of living and it looks favorable to a business like yours.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Like I said in a different post. Sounds like a conspiracy to me (My opinion, don't care who know more about whatever)!

No drag strips + Increased streetracing = CHA CHING/Crushed Cars for Cali !
Old 03-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really enjoyed texas, partly because there are tree's there.

You can probably be financially well off in AZ, this place get's old fast though. Summers are retarded hot, plants are pokey and will make you sneeze, and the people here continually try and convince themselves that this place is California.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTOSE
I really enjoyed texas, partly because there are tree's there.

You can probably be financially well off in AZ, this place get's old fast though. Summers are retarded hot, plants are pokey and will make you sneeze, and the people here continually try and convince themselves that this place is California.
I'm moving to AZ this year, Mainly because cost of living is cheaper and I'm not far from here so i can visit family on the weekends if i wish.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkFox118

why on earth would anyone actually live in CA?
Because some of us have lucrative careers here and are to damn old to go somewhere else and start over.

But rest assured, when I retire, I'll be ******* out of this state so GD fast, your head will spin. Hello Texas.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

I love it in Tucson, it's not as hot as it is up in Phoenix...it's really only bad for a few months, but most of the year is awesome. The dry heat is much better than humidity. And this winter...perfect. It's been in the 70s, no freezing cold. And the cost of living isn't bad.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Trust me bud, we have our fair share of bullshit to put up with...
I am just curious, what issues?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fspeedster
when it comes to things to do, partying, women, weather and GOOD food, there's just no place like CA.
Finally somebody says it! Where I live... I'm about 3 hrs from Las Vegas, 1 hour from LA, and 1 1/2 hours from San Diego.

I can go to the snow, the desert, and go to the beach in the same day.
The weather is very nice (most of the year) and like it was said... the women....

I understand that California might not be right for everybody. That's cool... that means that there's more for those of us who appreciate good ole' California
Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joelx21
Finally somebody says it! Where I live... I'm about 3 hrs from Las Vegas, 1 hour from LA, and 1 1/2 hours from San Diego.

I can go to the snow, the desert, and go to the beach in the same day.
The weather is very nice (most of the year) and like it was said... the women....

I understand that California might not be right for everybody. That's cool... that means that there's more for those of us who appreciate good ole' California
I said it for 2 pages lol.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I have been looking out there, for around the $200k range you can get something 1000 sq feet bigger than my current house and it is comparable price wise. I don't know if we will like Austin, at least I can open carry and smog is a joke lol.
Yeah, there are definitely some decent deals to be had these days depending on size and location (esp compared to SoCal); before the real estate bubble burst the overpricing was getting ridiculous. I have no doubt that you'll love Austin (once your allergies get used to it), it's just not the same quaint, cool little relaxed secret that it once was. What part of town are you looking at?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I must say that while I have CA for its stupid anti-car laws, irresponsible government, and increasing illegal issue, its home until I retire.

The wife and I want to move to Italy. While some things might be worse there, its still Italy. I could take government issues, bad economy and other bs because I would still have the food, scenery, and availability to visit any other european country for a "day trip".
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast01z28
I must say that while I have CA for its stupid anti-car laws, irresponsible government, and increasing illegal issue, its home until I retire.

The wife and I want to move to Italy. While some things might be worse there, its still Italy. I could take government issues, bad economy and other bs because I would still have the food, scenery, and availability to visit any other european country for a "day trip".
Werd !

Quick Reply: California = Fail