Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ripped off by Andy Mitchell, Hardcore Racing Parts in Montclair, CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He just sold the AFR's I originally purchased from him on RacingJunk. What a POS. Still receiving PM's too from people who know him or dealt with him reinforcing what a crook he really is...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Damn Ed wish I saw this. I was in Mountclair last month. I would have helped you...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Teching In

No worries...at least I got something in return from him...just ashame it took so long for me to get heads and that I had to actually send someone knocking on his door to get them...
Old 01-11-2024, 11:17 PM

Angry Andrew J Mitchell.. Is this guy British?

Hello all.. I realize this is an old thread.
Several months ago I bought a Ford 302 Short Block, posted on Craigslist, from a British guy called Andrew J Mitchell who mentioned he built "Race Engines" and mentioned "Hardcore Racing".
It was a well presented ad, the short bock was described as "Professionally Built", asking price $2750.
He chatted with my engine builder, long established in Orange County CA, about the various characters he knows and is friendly with and some of whom my engine builder has met. Seemed legit.. I bought the short block.

We quickly discovered it had not been built professionally so it was stripped & sent to the machine shop, hot tanked, checked for cracks (I think they used dye), honed etc.
A week ago it was ready, at last, to go into my car. I did a final dry run on bolts, threads, brackets before the motor went in and the power steering boss cracked. A little while later we figured out that the part that came off was carefully molded JB Weld, very well disguised under the thin coat of black paint that was on the block when bought... I'm now starting from scratch.. again..

Is this the same Andrew J Mitchell that I'm reading about in this thread?

Thanks in advance for any responses or information.. If this is the same guy, then he's still at it. Any current information will be appreciated.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ford559
Hello all.. I realize this is an old thread.
Several months ago I bought a Ford 302 Short Block, posted on Craigslist, from a British guy called Andrew J Mitchell who mentioned he built "Race Engines" and mentioned "Hardcore Racing".
It was a well presented ad, the short bock was described as "Professionally Built", asking price $2750.
He chatted with my engine builder, long established in Orange County CA, about the various characters he knows and is friendly with and some of whom my engine builder has met. Seemed legit.. I bought the short block.

We quickly discovered it had not been built professionally so it was stripped & sent to the machine shop, hot tanked, checked for cracks (I think they used dye), honed etc.
A week ago it was ready, at last, to go into my car. I did a final dry run on bolts, threads, brackets before the motor went in and the power steering boss cracked. A little while later we figured out that the part that came off was carefully molded JB Weld, very well disguised under the thin coat of black paint that was on the block when bought... I'm now starting from scratch.. again..

Is this the same Andrew J Mitchell that I'm reading about in this thread?

Thanks in advance for any responses or information.. If this is the same guy, then he's still at it. Any current information will be appreciated.
Yup, he's British. Sounds like him. I hate hearing that he's still out and about screwing people over. When I was having my issues with him, as you learned from reading this thread, it took me having someone confront him in person for me to get the heads I had purchased. If you Google "Ripped off by Andy Mitchell" you should be able to find my all my posts in various forums and find lots of similar stories from others that got screwed by him. Somewhere, I think I even posted his home and work addresses. It's been 12 years so who knows if they're still current but are a starting point if nothing else. Good luck and reply on here with the outcome.

Quick Reply: Ripped off by Andy Mitchell, Hardcore Racing Parts in Montclair, CA