Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Beware at Walmart, San Dimas Area Especially

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Beware at Walmart, San Dimas Area Especially

Just a little warning here as I try to piecethispuzzle. Hereismy story,a few monthsago I stopped attheSan Dimas Walmart for some cheap Mobil1.No issues at the store itself. A few weeks later I get 4 transactions of $250 each at a Walmart in Fontana Ive never been too. At the time I contacted Chase and got my money back and was issued a new card. Forward to a month ago, I go to the same Walmart for more oil, not thinking the fraud was connected to it. So this morning I awake to an alert text from Chase saying Ive made a $250 purchase at a Walmart in Illinois! WTF? I immediately call Chase and notify them. I also went straight to the branch and got a whole new account. Im not sure if my visits to Walmart are to blame but thats the only place out of my usual shopping spots that Ive been to, no problems or issues anywhere else. So, just letting you guys know if youre in that area, be careful. Whoever the crooks are, theyre stupid. They try to make multiple purchases for the same amount and the same merchandise so the fraud is obvious. Personally, I think its a ring of crooked Walmart workers stealing peoples info. They probably make fake purchases or return the items to pocket the money. Last time it was $1000, this time I caught it at the first $250. Thank goodness for text alerts.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe it's the walmart. My wife had her card number stolen as well, today she got a text fraud alert that they tried to use her card number at a Walgreen's in NJ for $500. And 3 of her co-workers had fraud alerts from their banks this week as well. I think it has something to do with the banks computer systems being hacked, i got a email a few months ago from chase saying some customer information was stolen from their database.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Same here bro ...my credit union actually told me card numbers most often get stolen @gas station pumps. So i either pay for gas in cash now or go inside to use my card
Old 09-05-2012, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
I don't believe it's the walmart. My wife had her card number stolen as well, today she got a text fraud alert that they tried to use her card number at a Walgreen's in NJ for $500. And 3 of her co-workers had fraud alerts from their banks this week as well. I think it has something to do with the banks computer systems being hacked, i got a email a few months ago from chase saying some customer information was stolen from their database.
Great. Lol. Google "Walmart scam Chase" and you might be surprised tho. Seems that Walmart is a favorite spot for these thieves. Whether theyre employees or not, who knows.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all my friends that have chase get fraudulent charges all the time.... i dont know what is up with that
Old 09-06-2012, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

That's why I dumped chase and went with b of a haven't had an issue since I switched banks
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not had any issues with Chase, Wells Fargo I had an issue with a fradulent charge and my account was on hold for a week.

It sounds like you are having some sort of issue at Walmart I would contact Walmart corporate and let them know, if it seems to be happening after a wal mart visit then the fraudulent charge is to wal mart... That sucks though.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never use a cc or debit card at walmart or any hole in the wall store anywhere.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Walmart couldnt do anything since it seems the crooks used a pin with the debit card. I did file a report with the Sheriffs Dept. I didnt think Walmart is a hole in the wall especially in San Dimas but Walmart does attract a lot of shady people from around the area.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

my wifes card just got frauded also yesterday but for 196.00 at an elecronics store we also bank with chase wtffff
Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

This happened to me also a year ago, Im pretty sure it was at a Carl's Jr. when I used my cc at the drive through.

Quick Reply: Beware at Walmart, San Dimas Area Especially