Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Smog Friendly Power

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffro_93
There are a few guys out there that can port and polish your stock one. Pick up a few extra rearwheel, and still look totally stock.
I was checkin out some just now. And there was a pretty big difference money wise with the BBK, and Holly etc, which size would i go with if i were to get one. I needa find some good decent shops around here im new to san diego so im still tryin to scope out good ones mixed in with all these dirty little shops they have down here.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have done the smog friendly cam (custom grind) and head (243 heads ported) set up and love it. Now I do have to change over the long tube headers every 2 years but it takes an hour and half and the your done. I have made 432/425 to the wheels and pass smog with flying colors (when stock exhaust is on) and get 23 mp. Just have to do research and see what people have done. Pm me if you would like to know my cam specs and good luck on hitting your goal
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
I was checkin out some just now. And there was a pretty big difference money wise with the BBK, and Holly etc, which size would i go with if i were to get one. I needa find some good decent shops around here im new to san diego so im still tryin to scope out good ones mixed in with all these dirty little shops they have down here.
If you can find a bbk 80 mm for cheap it is way better than a ported stock throttle body. Then just grind off the bbl logo and no one knows the difference

Quick Reply: Smog Friendly Power