Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

F-Bodies & Vettes Are Getting Stolen Left & Right...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default F-Bodies & Vettes Are Getting Stolen Left & Right...

Especially here in the Bay Area.. Don't know about So Cal but to many of my friends cars are getting stolen... Anyone use kill switch? I heard adding another car alarm horn is another way to help..

Last edited by DoggyB22; 02-06-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't park any LSX car out in the open in the entire Bay Area period.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wholy carp ..gotta start sleeping In your car if you dont have a garage.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I heard you guys are getting jacked like crazy. No one knows that big dude? He stands like crazy, big foo with a weird beard? They have to be hitting up car meets or something.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea we think some of them are using our local site Norcal-Lsx & searching around. But the big guy pretty hard to miss now that we know what he looks like. I say someone needs to set up a really nice Camaro bait car in Oakland. Guarantee you will be arresting people left & right. I know they had that one Bait Car show on TV in LA lol always enjoyed watching that because they all had the same excuse "Oh I was just moving it for the driver"

Last edited by DoggyB22; 02-06-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Yea we think some of them are using our local site Norcal-Lsx & searching around. But the big guy pretty hard to miss now that we know what he looks like. I say someone needs to set up a really Camaro bait car in Oakland. Guarantee you will be arresting people left & right. I know they had that one Bait Car show on TV in LA lol always enjoyed watching that because they all had the same excuse "Oh I was just moving it for the driver"
Yeah it would be hard to not shoot the guy first, I have not heard about it happening down here. That sucks though man, you keeping yours tucked away in garage right? I don't want to see DoggyB with a stolen thread buddy.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn... that chaps my *** seeing that! I shiver at the thought of someone stealing my ws6.... Would be devastated!

What was done under the pass side dash to kill the alarm? Something with the bcm? Anyone know of what could be done there?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Last time I had to keep my WS6 out side I pulled the PCMBAT fuse on the dash fuse panel just in case. Your not starting **** without that fuse.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yeah it would be hard to not shoot the guy first, I have not heard about it happening down here. That sucks though man, you keeping yours tucked away in garage right? I don't want to see DoggyB with a stolen thread buddy.
Yea if I caught someone like that Id put a couple rounds in their legs & then call the police. Id just say I thought he was pointing a gun at me so I fired in self defense. but my Camaro in the driveway. Garage already taken..

Originally Posted by 666ws6
Damn... that chaps my *** seeing that! I shiver at the thought of someone stealing my ws6.... Would be devastated!

What was done under the pass side dash to kill the alarm? Something with the bcm? Anyone know of what could be done there?
They go through the passenger side fender to disconnect the stock horn so the horn doesn't go off when the alarm goes off. So either adding another horn somewhere hidden or moving your stock one will stop that & give them a surprise
Old 02-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Looks like the lights stop flashing as well... Almost like he reset the alarm somehow. Interesting.

I have second siren covered... Just curious on the bcm.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well passenger side in the car is probably where they run a line for the alarm. Took them 7 minutes to get in and get it stolen. Looks like the big guy needed to cut "the club" for the little guy lol.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

wonder how they are bypassing the vats system?? unless they are doing the resistor bypass, but then they would need 15 of them to see which fits...

hmm interesting, I have a kill switch on mine... and I unscrew the lever to the switch when I park it in the garage.... And I have 2 big dogs in the garage that sleep a few feet away..

these thieves might get smart and start carrying fuses with them...

might have to add an arming switch to the kill switch somewhere, then add an arming switch coming off the fuse block to power the pcm/bcm..

that should stop those ******* thieves
Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 AM
90z
Teching In

I saw some show on the Netflix underground something, whatever it doesn't matter. They show how this car theif steals cars by stealing the hosts truck. He carries a pcm with vats delete and I'm assuming a safe tune for pretty much whatever. He steals it in less than a minute by switching the pcm and breaking the column
Old 02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
Last time I had to keep my WS6 out side I pulled the PCMBAT fuse on the dash fuse panel just in case. Your not starting **** without that fuse.
I'm not to sure on the size of that fuse but if there's another one that fits it in the same box they can take it and use it
Old 02-05-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Unless you really know what your looking for I doubt any one trying to steal a car is going to notice a small fuse missing , they would probably think its just broken.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

doesnt have to be missing
Old 02-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
Unless you really know what your looking for I doubt any one trying to steal a car is going to notice a small fuse missing , they would probably think its just broken.
True I doubt anyone will try to be mr good wrench while stealing a car lol
Old 02-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 90z
I saw some show on the Netflix underground something, whatever it doesn't matter. They show how this car theif steals cars by stealing the hosts truck. He carries a pcm with vats delete and I'm assuming a safe tune for pretty much whatever. He steals it in less than a minute by switching the pcm and breaking the column
Im in Louisiana and this just happened to me last month. They pushed my car to the back of my condo complex and started it. Lucky for me my trans was broken and it also wont just crank up and go, have to let it warm up first. I got super lucky and found it around the back with only the column broken and the vats unplugged. Basically like someone else mentioned, I wouldn't leave it anywhere in the open un attended.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Launching!

So by "vats unplugged" ... What exactly do you mean, can you explain that more?
Old 02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Launching!

I believe its the vehicle anti theft system, they unplug it and plug one of their own boxes up to it so it tells the computer everything is fine and at that point they can just crank it up and drive off.

Quick Reply: F-Bodies & Vettes Are Getting Stolen Left & Right...