Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Adios California

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That blows Adam. But to better endeavors man!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

Just heard last friday that you're out of here. Good luck out there bro! Oh, and I was in Orlando for the last 4 months and Mexican food is not just "mexican food", trust me! lol.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
If you like Chinese and Japanese food then you may or may not run into issues. Since it is a more well known town in TN you might be able to find one or two of those though. Yeah, so far I have only dreamed of what BBQ over an actual wood fire tastes like from one of those guys.

Yeah, I'm big time into guns too and that is one of my main reasons of wanting to move as well. 1911's, shotguns, revolvers and bolt actions are about the only things that don't have to jump through hoops to be California-legal. Every time I go to Oregon or Nevada I get the feeling of the day I turned 21 where I can legally drink alcohol from looking at the standard-capacity magazines and ARs/AKs without the bullet-button. Those guys in the stores always get a kick out of Californians coming in and realizing how free the other states are.

The more I say, the more I'm actually getting really jealous.
Yeah you know they are expanding the list of illegal guns for CA right? Rock Island Tactical 2 1911's are not on the approved list, there are a lot of 1911's now not on the approved list because of that new law regarding changes to the gun and how the manufacturer has to ID the gun.

Yeah I like the bullet button it's a joke.

Oh and Sommer, yeah sorry man I wasn't sure if you were back in town or not I saw your posts on that book of faces about being in Florida, dude I know my Grandma is from new York and did like all the other old New Yorkers and retired in Florida. She called to let us know she just had her very first Case-a-deeya at least that was how she wrote it in her text message then she called to verify if that was the correct spelling.

Dude no joke I am looking forward to grits and apple butter, that is some legit breakfast if you order it with Biscuits and Gravy.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by masterz28
That blows Adam. But to better endeavors man!
Yeah but hey I want to be able to do more to my car and take more vacations, we might go in with my in-laws and buy property in Cabo for when we vacation, but we will work that out later.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yeah you know they are expanding the list of illegal guns for CA right? Rock Island Tactical 2 1911's are not on the approved list, there are a lot of 1911's now not on the approved list because of that new law regarding changes to the gun and how the manufacturer has to ID the gun.

Yeah I like the bullet button it's a joke.

Oh and Sommer, yeah sorry man I wasn't sure if you were back in town or not I saw your posts on that book of faces about being in Florida, dude I know my Grandma is from new York and did like all the other old New Yorkers and retired in Florida. She called to let us know she just had her very first Case-a-deeya at least that was how she wrote it in her text message then she called to verify if that was the correct spelling.

Dude no joke I am looking forward to grits and apple butter, that is some legit breakfast if you order it with Biscuits and Gravy.
Oh yeah the stupid micro-stamping the firing pin deal. Yeah I don't know of a single company that is actually going to do that. So basically all of the handguns that were designed before whatever date that was that they put the law into effect are gonna be the only ones people in California can legally have. So insane... If a gun has a magazine disconnect safety, it is not a 1911.

Since Ruger and Smith are not going to be applying to put anymore of their guns for sale that is gonna hurt big time too. I can't even sell my old Ruger to any gun stores because of it. Luckily though I'm going to sell it to a coworker and that is still fine. Just gonna use the extra money for a Glock 30 if my CCW app gets approved. I just couldn't stomach that stupid magazine disconnect safety in a gun that I plan to use for protection.

They just have an ***-backwards way of trying to put their band-aid on problems... At least for the rest of this year we still have the SSE work around to get whatever gun we want. My brother bought a Walther PPQ because of that loophole!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
Oh yeah the stupid micro-stamping the firing pin deal. Yeah I don't know of a single company that is actually going to do that. So basically all of the handguns that were designed before whatever date that was that they put the law into effect are gonna be the only ones people in California can legally have. So insane... If a gun has a magazine disconnect safety, it is not a 1911.

Since Ruger and Smith are not going to be applying to put anymore of their guns for sale that is gonna hurt big time too. I can't even sell my old Ruger to any gun stores because of it. Luckily though I'm going to sell it to a coworker and that is still fine. Just gonna use the extra money for a Glock 30 if my CCW app gets approved. I just couldn't stomach that stupid magazine disconnect safety in a gun that I plan to use for protection.

They just have an ***-backwards way of trying to put their band-aid on problems... At least for the rest of this year we still have the SSE work around to get whatever gun we want. My brother bought a Walther PPQ because of that loophole!
I like my loophole, I just simply am going to move haha.

Wow the magazine disconnect safety is just retarded. So glad to be moving.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was nice chatting with you the times I did Adam. You can always keep contact here on ls1tech. And I still haven't got those 323 gears from you haha.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Good for you Adam, I'm everything is going to be better out there for you. I have no regrets moving out of California, I'm doing better and I don't stress as much. Good luck to you out there and I hope you settle in Quick, which is the only hard part.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mannyman84
It was nice chatting with you the times I did Adam. You can always keep contact here on ls1tech. And I still haven't got those 323 gears from you haha.

Yeah man you never came to get them foo lol. Yeah Manny I will still hit ya up from time to time and let ya see how nice it is outside of the communist state of California haha.

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Good for you Adam, I'm everything is going to be better out there for you. I have no regrets moving out of California, I'm doing better and I don't stress as much. Good luck to you out there and I hope you settle in Quick, which is the only hard part.

Ivan! Glad to hear things are going well man, and you know that this was a long time in the making as you and I have talked about how crappy it is here. I am glad you're doing well and I will give ya a call sometime here.

Well we got the house all packed up and this is our last night in our house, we have done a ton of work ourselves to it, we installed the solid bamboo floors throughout the whole house, and knocked down a wall, I ran new electrical to the garage for a 20 amp breaker, we redid both bathrooms. Time for it to go though and buy bigger an better in Franklin, TN. 4th of July we drive on out.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck out there man. Have a safe trip
Old 07-02-2014, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
Good luck out there man. Have a safe trip
Thanks buddy, I want to see a video of that nice second gen when it's all done if you can.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Thanks buddy, I want to see a video of that nice second gen when it's all done if you can.
Hopefully soon, it's coming along
Attached Thumbnails Adios California-20140628_133019.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on choosing personal freedom over Kalifornia's Un-American, over regulated ways! I hope you truly enjoy your new home out of California!
I only wish I could afford to do the same; enjoy!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, post a thread in the southern-members section to help you get in sync with local area events. I'm sure you'll get plenty of info..!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-members-57/
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah there is a forum for TN fbody people and I have been there for a few months. I can't wait to get the Camaro out here and test her out at any of the awesome tracks they have.

Quick Reply: Adios California