Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Adios California

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adios California

Well it has been something the wife and I talked about and we put our house up last week and got a ton of offers now we are in escrow for 21 days and selling our house.

Where are we going?

We are headed to Nashville, it was a decision we made to allow us to still make about the same as what we are here but we are able to sell our house and be miles ahead. I wish I was using some of this money to build the Z28 to make it not slow, but it will always just be slow.

CA has been where both of us grew up, and if we return we will be seeing some of the Bay Area people as we will probably not return to the LA area.

The good news is I will be 1.5 hours at max from Bowling Green so LSXfest is on the schedule this year.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish you the best man. But seriously, prepare yourself for a culture shock. I went to Tennessee and hit both Nashville and Memphis, I liked Memphis way more. But, that's just my opinion. I went on vacation/road trip. I've been in the Midwest for about 2 years now, and while it's nice and everything, it's time for me to go back where I belong, California. In about 3 weeks I'm heading back to THE BAY. Where I'm from, and will hopefully never leave again...
Old 06-11-2014, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elcalifornio
Wish you the best man. But seriously, prepare yourself for a culture shock. I went to Tennessee and hit both Nashville and Memphis, I liked Memphis way more. But, that's just my opinion. I went on vacation/road trip. I've been in the Midwest for about 2 years now, and while it's nice and everything, it's time for me to go back where I belong, California. In about 3 weeks I'm heading back to THE BAY. Where I'm from, and will hopefully never leave again...
Yeah I was stationed in baltimore, and had Basic Training in San Antonio, I lived in CO for a couple years as well. I know they are a bit more "white" so to speak haha.

We were just looking for places that had better educaion, better quality of life potential. Just curious what race are ya? I know a few people who were not "white" who moved to the deep south and yeah it was not good for them.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yeah I was stationed in baltimore, and had Basic Training in San Antonio, I lived in CO for a couple years as well. I know they are a bit more "white" so to speak haha.

We were just looking for places that had better educaion, better quality of life potential. Just curious what race are ya? I know a few people who were not "white" who moved to the deep south and yeah it was not good for them.
Yeah, they are, haha. I'm Mexican, gee, a Mexican from California, go figure, lol. I meant it wasn't the worst place ever, but let's just say customer service wasn't exactly there...for someone like me, haha.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, they are, haha. I'm Mexican, gee, a Mexican from California, go figure, lol. I meant it wasn't the worst place ever, but let's just say customer service wasn't exactly there...for someone like me, haha.
Yeah I would imagine, I know it is a bit different out there, but it is at leas better than CO man it was a sea of white people at m high school, when it snowed outside you could swear that there were walking outfits everywhere with no people inside them.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:33 PM

Yeah I would imagine, I know it is a bit different out there, but it is at leas better than CO man it was a sea of white people at m high school, when it snowed outside you could swear that there were walking outfits everywhere with no people inside them.
Hahahahahahaha...some parts of the midwest are like that. Nashville, I kid you not, one half white, other half black. The downtown area is totally like that too. One side has all these country bars and the other side is all hip hop, very interesting...
Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahahahahahaha...some parts of the midwest are like that. Nashville, I kid you not, one half white, other half black. The downtown area is totally like that too. One side has all these country bars and the other side is all hip hop, very interesting...
Yup Nashvegas haha.

Yeah it was funny we went to the Waffle House (my wife has never been to one and it is for my family an American staple so whenever we see one we go just for the sheer dirty nasty awesomeness of it) The guy working there was this cool black kid who was hilarious and wanted to move to LA to be a rapper, I told him to just do it, you get one life. He then asks us "Do you guys smoke? And I ain't talkin about them cigarettes." I luahged and told him we don't but they have great stuff in CA and he was like "Aww damn I knew it!"

Cool kid, and Baltimore is somewhat segregated in parts too.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Launching!

ADIOS! Don't let the door hit you in the ***...
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 AM
On The Tree

😥😩 hasta la vista baby!! Cuz my beaner *** ain't visiting you there, but you can always have a place with me
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flielow
😥😩 hasta la vista baby!! Cuz my beaner *** ain't visiting you there, but you can always have a place with me
Hey it'll be ok, you're with a white guy what can go wrong? hahaha.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LA to Nashville, your crazy.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

I've spent the last 5 years here in Nashville, what area are you looking at places. Nashville just isn't boring country music any longer trust me, if you need any advice or if I can help in any way. Feel free to hit me up....
Old 06-23-2014, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by springer_4
I've spent the last 5 years here in Nashville, what area are you looking at places. Nashville just isn't boring country music any longer trust me, if you need any advice or if I can help in any way. Feel free to hit me up....
We got our apartment in Franklin, we went out and visited, we have some friends there.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to see you go, Bro. Best of luck for you and the family. It was always good hanging out and talking with you.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ur jlus
Sorry to see you go, Bro. Best of luck for you and the family. It was always good hanging out and talking with you.
Likewise, how have you been? I need to give you a call here.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TA1364
LA to Nashville, your crazy.
Crazy? How so?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Enjoy your freedom.

I'm looking at two more years before I can leave California and move to America.

From what I hear, the one thing people do miss once they leave Cali is the food. I can definitely see that.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
Enjoy your freedom.

I'm looking at two more years before I can leave California and move to America.

From what I hear, the one thing people do miss once they leave Cali is the food. I can definitely see that.
Yeah In N Out id really my only vice food wise, mexican food is mexican food. Really I am stoked to get some REAL bbq, that's one thing the south has is bbq and comfort food haha.

I got a kick out of the gun store out there I asked them if I need to register my 1911 with the county or state, they said "Congratulations on your decision to move to Free Amercia." I about died laughing because it is true.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah In N Out id really my only vice food wise, mexican food is mexican food. Really I am stoked to get some REAL bbq, that's one thing the south has is bbq and comfort food haha.

I got a kick out of the gun store out there I asked them if I need to register my 1911 with the county or state, they said "Congratulations on your decision to move to Free Amercia." I about died laughing because it is true.
If you like Chinese and Japanese food then you may or may not run into issues. Since it is a more well known town in TN you might be able to find one or two of those though. Yeah, so far I have only dreamed of what BBQ over an actual wood fire tastes like from one of those guys.

Yeah, I'm big time into guns too and that is one of my main reasons of wanting to move as well. 1911's, shotguns, revolvers and bolt actions are about the only things that don't have to jump through hoops to be California-legal. Every time I go to Oregon or Nevada I get the feeling of the day I turned 21 where I can legally drink alcohol from looking at the standard-capacity magazines and ARs/AKs without the bullet-button. Those guys in the stores always get a kick out of Californians coming in and realizing how free the other states are.

The more I say, the more I'm actually getting really jealous.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Adios! and G L

Quick Reply: Adios California