Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Northern Colorado Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northern Colorado Roll Call

Hi fellas, back into the late model performance scene after taking a break for a bit to dabble in classic restoration....man that was boring. None the less its been close to 15 years since ive been involved in the LS scene, I'm sure a lot has changed for the better, and a lot has stayed the same....start with a good platform for starters, I just picked up a very clean 2002 ws6 TA/m6. I recently moved from south texas to northern Colorado (Greeley), anyone on here form the area? is there an Fbody/LS club? there seems to be a healthy hot rod scene in the area, just curious where everyone hangs out or meets up. The TA I picked up is pretty much stock minus a tower brace, cut out, and slp lid.
I'm pretty sure were required to perform the IM240 test here so what all is everyone doing internal engine wise? not much? just sticking with NO2 or boost? I really want to go heads and cam but I'm not going through the expense and trouble just to install a mild cam due to emissions. id rather just put the hose on it and be done. I wanted to go heads and cam and build a canyon carver with big brakes and suspension, something different than the typical 1/4 mile car.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey NFAMB! Welcome to Greeley. Used to the pig **** yet?

I'm up the road from you in Fort Collins.

My reason for being on this forum is very different than most - I am doing a swap into my 1978 Jeep Cherokee. I'm in the planning stages for the build - which will include: motor, transmission, transfer case, exhaust, interior, suspension, tire, wheels, axles, brakes, custom paint, etc.

I'll be doing everything by myself so it should be interesting.

As this is a LS forum, I am looking at a LQ4 with new valves, springs, LS3 Cylinder Heads, LS3 Intake, LS3 Fuel Rail, LS3 Injectors, LS2 Throttle Body, more aggressive cam, headers, and more. This is tentative as I still have a lot of research to do.

It will be a daily driver with some trail use.

If you want to meet up for a beer and talk shop, I'm game.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Right on, I'm on the west side of town we don't smell the cows that much, maybe a handful of times a year. Surely there's an LS or Fbody club in the area?
Old 12-17-2015, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the area, not many clubs around any more that are just f-body or LS based but some clubs do exist if your ok with all cars. Look up Noco Racing on Facebook and they have a meet once a week if the weather is nice enough. There are also bigger meets around the Denver area that a lot of fun can be had at, haven't been able to bring any of my cars in the last couple years but one did just get finished so maybe next spring.

I'm in Evans on the the East side of town.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
Welcome to the area, not many clubs around any more that are just f-body or LS based but some clubs do exist if your ok with all cars. Look up Noco Racing on Facebook and they have a meet once a week if the weather is nice enough. There are also bigger meets around the Denver area that a lot of fun can be had at, haven't been able to bring any of my cars in the last couple years but one did just get finished so maybe next spring.

I'm in Evans on the the East side of town.
Right on, I have no issues with any other makes, hell I just sold my 74 Cuda. Used that money to buy myself another ws6 and the wife a jeep. I'm more of a gm guy, but I have a soft spot in my heat for big block powered mopars, lol. We should get together for a beer or three one day, were pretty close. I love that Cajun place on 37th in Evans it's legit.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

I have no problem meeting up some time just been busy lately working 8on/6off at my main job and then I flip cars and work on buddies cars on the side.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like me. Do u hit any of the Thursday NoCo meets?
Old 12-20-2015, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Not since I put the new motor in my vette and my 2 f-bodies aren't exactly ready either lol.

Too many projects.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Clint Here. The Hugger will be out and about this year. It's been 7 years !!! lol.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Nice. Well I got sucked into the game again...just picked up a turbonetics 78 and all the piping. Ordering a fuel system now, should be on the dyno in April.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Anyone have any suggestions on a capable forced induction tuner in the area?

Quick Reply: Northern Colorado Roll Call