How many people from Fresno area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
what type of tires do you have?
Im looking at a set of nitto's soon.
Let me know how you do on those Nittos. As for real racing tires you'll probably need 15" wheel and a drag tire of some kind
Old 08-24-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thebulgd
Let me know how you do on those Nittos. As for real racing tires you'll probably need 15" wheel and a drag tire of some kind
Id love to get some drag wheels and tires, and will probably in the next couple of years, after my wife and I get settled after I get out of the army. As far as the nitto's go I wont be getting them for a while, my current tires are doing alright for street use, when I need to replace them Ill get the nitto's at that point.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Because you have raced on so many surfaces? I have seen 10sec cars hook out there, theres probably better rubber on that road than at alot of tracks. Not the road that was the problem. Remeber back when you got those 18x11 wheels and I told you you wouldnt be able to hook? You said you werent going to be racing and you wanted the bling. Another problem is that you are in-experienced and not really knowing what you are doing. Did your burn-outs all wrong. You shouldnt just sit and spin, the car needs to creep forwardas you burn out laying down the rubber. I could go on for quite awhile with the things you did wrong. Nothing againt you, we all start out knowing nothing and through experience we learn. Do you really think I never lost any races due to !traction? Think again. Lost to Jones and to Hammdogg due to !traction. I told you I would help you out with that !traction thingbut mostly you need experience.

and for the record, I do not think Miles car is slow nor have I said that.

Im F'ing with ya man, but if you really said that then wow!
Camaro's do not get bling! You want bling get an escalade!
I understand the want for appearance mods, but form must follow function in all things mechanical!
now dont get pissed or butt-hurt! just some constructive criticism. Got any pics of your wheels?
I guess with some awesome tires you could make them hook, but it would be easier with 17 inch wheels.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Launching!

He may not have used the word bling, but that was his general statement. I guess prioritys change. Losing is never easy but its the nature of the game, everyone does it.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

true, if everyone won there would be no point!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Im F'ing with ya man, but if you really said that then wow!
Camaro's do not get bling! You want bling get an escalade!
I understand the want for appearance mods, but form must follow function in all things mechanical!
now dont get pissed or butt-hurt! just some constructive criticism. Got any pics of your wheels?
I guess with some awesome tires you could make them hook, but it would be easier with 17 inch wheels.
ive got 18x10.5 z06's with 315 35 18 bfg gforce drag radials...dnt really feel like going through the trouble of putting a picture on here, juz imagine it...n yea i like my car to look good im 19yrs old (i still use my car to get at girls, not just to race), i definitely want my car to look and book (but it seems that may be too much to ask for), but lately ive been street racing a lot (bout everywknd for the last 2 months) but yea i know i have a lot of inexperience and i know that, but its not like it was my first time launching my car...ive had plenty of success launching at 3k previously (which is what i was trying to leave at that day) definitely open minded to all the constructive criticism you guys have to offer...lets just keep the **** talkn to a minimum kuz i dnt have the temper for it...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Teching In

oh n if i wanted bling on my car id put the shiniest **** possible on my fuckn car if i wanted too....(thebulgd has chrome wheels too???)...ill wrap my **** in aluminum fuckn foil, if u dnt like that then im sure we can work something out...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

ha! Aluminum foil! Maybe thatll be the next big thing! Just paint your car in chrome.
What sort of suspension mods have you got? Are you getting alot of wheel hop?
If so try a new torque arm, adjustable, that way you can dial it it. The new TA solved all my wheel hop issues, so now my tires just sit there and spin. Definetly need new tires!
Believe me dude weve all made mistakes, my first mods were a flowmaster cat-back and a K&N FIPK...
Looking good isnt hard with these cars, I find the ones with all the show not go mods look pretty lame. Some nice wheels, !4X4 mod and good paint and they look sharp.

How ,any miles are on your tires? Maybe need a new set?
Dont be discouraged though, there was really no way you could take him. similarly modded an A4 is always > an M6 in the 1/4, especially a stalled auto. You would have to have better mods and lots of traction with an excellent launch.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Teching In

no suspension mods except for the gay prokit/stock shocks (soon to be koni/strano setup) and maybe 1k miles on the tires at MOST...but now they're pretty much jackd after that huge/stupid but "fun" burnout ...oh and also no front sway bar ...i never said i would win i said i wouldnt lose by more than 2 cars (which i did ) i expected him to get me from a dig...im really not upset at all, i just expected to have better traction than that after buying some brand new tires, and vht!!! it was all fun and games for me, im always down to watch races or race...win or lose its still fun as hell...

no, no wheel hop...tires just spin...
Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

How big of a burnout are we talking here? And do you mean you have NO front sway bar, at all? How does that work?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Teching In

a good 30sec...lol....well you unbolt the front sway bar and take it off...car drives fine, its lighter and launches straighter...idk the physics of it, but if you do a search on it you'll get a better answer...
Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would expect you have a good bit of body roll though?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Launching!

How big of a burnout are we talking here? And do you mean you have NO front sway bar, at all? How does that work?

HUGE. Rubber spitting. Sitting in one place. When he did let off the brake I noticed some wheel hop, or thats what it looked like to me though as for when he launched I cannot say.

My front sway bar is gone and with the 1" rear sway I can't even tell it's gone. Not this huge amount of body roll, though I do not carve corners either. My set up is for 1/4 mile runs, thats it. Removing the front sway bar allows the front of the car to rise faster thus transferring the weight to the back fast/better.

and Miles shouldnt have to buy any VHT, he has mine.

Nothing wrong with bling, just dont expect to hook well with 18" wheels.

Imagine how much more you would have lost by if my altenator was working. Traction is king. Though now I have my alt working I' back to !traction but should only be a matter of a few adjustments and all will be well again.

Got the car tuned, needed the alt fixed for that, was running rich at WOT and car wasnt entering PE mode. Now my AFRs are all good and car goes into PE immediatly. Numbers are somewhere in the 330s on a stingy dynojet on a 100 degree day. Not sure exactly what that last parts means, but thats what the conditions were.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

ambient temp can effect dyno numbers, i dont know by how much though.
So he tuned you pretty good eh?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Launching!

he did a fantastic job on the AFRs, they average around 12.85 at wot and are steady. Car was running at about 220 degrees and was atleast 100 in that shop. I can say for sure that it was a sweat box in there but due to my work schedule I had to take what was available. I'll swap tires back and check it during the week, seemed to run a bit smoother and a little more responsive on the drive home. I didn't really lay into it since the car had been on the dyno for a few hours.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

So anyone have any ideas for a cruise/assembly/photo shoot?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 AM
On The Tree

he did a fantastic job on the AFRs, they average around 12.85 at wot and are steady. Car was running at about 220 degrees and was atleast 100 in that shop. I can say for sure that it was a sweat box in there but due to my work schedule I had to take what was available. I'll swap tires back and check it during the week, seemed to run a bit smoother and a little more responsive on the drive home. I didn't really lay into it since the car had been on the dyno for a few hours.
hey i grabbed your vht before we left i'll send you my number in a pm so you can get that back anytime
Old 08-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazy camaro
hey i grabbed your vht before we left i'll send you my number in a pm so you can get that back anytime
Thanks man. When la migra showed up I just ran, insticnt ya know.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

A few of us are gonna have our usual wednesday night fun if any of you guys want to meet up. More pracitce for Miles if you can make it this time. The STS T/A is up agaisnt the Black SS from a dig
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Default Roll Racing

Against better judgement and my general disdain for roll racing I accepted a challenge to "roll race". So I need some help here. I am totally new to this kind of racing and am not sure how this works. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Quick Reply: How many people from Fresno area?