Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

How many people from Fresno area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008 | 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

gimme a couple of weeks to get the car running, and we should have a meet/photoshoot/cruise or something! Its starting to cool down and I miss driving my car!!
Old 08-22-2008 | 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

/\dude thats not a bad idea, where would we cruise to though? Anyone in our little group proficient with a camera? Maybe like meet up, cruise somewhere and do like a BBQ/photo shoot. Sounds like a cool time, anyone down?
Old 08-22-2008 | 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

roornz28 whats up with your car, STS troubles?
Old 08-22-2008 | 05:22 PM
On The Tree

I have a friend who does photography on the side. He's got a bitchin camera and would probably be down for something like that.
Old 08-22-2008 | 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
roornz28 whats up with your car, STS troubles?
well right now i'm just re-doing the intercooler piping and my pcv system so it's all apart in the garage. On monday i'm taking it in to get a 9" installed, plus shocks/springs and other little misc stuff that needs to be done.

i kinda just slapped the kit on last year without fixing all the STS mistakes, and i havent had any time to do anything since! I also started a new job earlier this year which has been keeping me really busy, and now that i'll be starting school again pretty soon i need to get this car finished so i can enjoy it!

how's your car run? i have yet to see another nicely modified Fbody in person, so i'll be looking forward to this cruise!! you're right though, where would we cruise to? too bad there isnt much in fresno
Old 08-22-2008 | 08:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazy camaro
only rookies break plug wires lol

Dunno, I change my plugs every three months so it's not like I havent done this before. I will admit it sux *** and I will not ever buy bosch wires again.
Old 08-22-2008 | 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thebulgd
Dunno, I change my plugs every three months so it's not like I havent done this before. I will admit it sux *** and I will not ever buy bosch wires again.
got a snap-on plug pliers makes it REAL easy i do plugs in about an hour
you should opt for taylor's or msd's i know what you mean about breaking them if you grip too tightly on the rubber snub and lose your grip and pull the wire itself it snaps like nothing.....
Old 08-22-2008 | 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
well right now i'm just re-doing the intercooler piping and my pcv system so it's all apart in the garage. On monday i'm taking it in to get a 9" installed, plus shocks/springs and other little misc stuff that needs to be done.

i kinda just slapped the kit on last year without fixing all the STS mistakes, and i havent had any time to do anything since! I also started a new job earlier this year which has been keeping me really busy, and now that i'll be starting school again pretty soon i need to get this car finished so i can enjoy it!

how's your car run? i have yet to see another nicely modified Fbody in person, so i'll be looking forward to this cruise!! you're right though, where would we cruise to? too bad there isnt much in fresno
I dunno where would be a good place to take pics? Maybe like woodward park? Or maybe we could take it up to millerton lake or something along those lines.
Car runs pretty good after the TR6's went in. Still running rich but honestly I think thats just the way its gonna be. Im running a pretty high AFR, as my car didnt really like being run any leaner. It dosent really bother me too much.
I wouldnt even go so far as to call mine nicely modified, I just did a little of this and a little of that...
So how bad is the drone coming out of your 9 inch?
Old 08-23-2008 | 12:25 AM
Launching!

you should opt for taylor's or msd's i know what you mean about breaking them if you grip too tightly on the rubber snub and lose your grip and pull the wire itself it snaps like nothing.....

I put in the MSDs tonight. I had them ordered because I knew the bosch had to go. As for the plug pullers, aint no way any of those are getting near #6 and #8, can barely get my dam hand back there and thats with the coil packs moved and !air & !egr. I've gotten used to it as I replace my plugs all the dam time it seems.
Old 08-23-2008 | 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey found out what was wrong with my car the MAF table wayyyy out of calibration ordered me a 85mm maf and gonna ditch the ported one and start from a good know sensor and table. Ill be in town today

Last edited by roughneck427; 08-23-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2008 | 09:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by roughneck427
Hey found out what was wrong with my car the MAF table wayyyy out of calibration ordered me a 85mm maf and gonna ditch the ported one and start from a good know sensor and table. Ill be in town today
I got rid of my ported MAF and it did seem to make a differece for the better. How do you like that cam roughneck?
Old 08-23-2008 | 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebulgd
I got rid of my ported MAF and it did seem to make a differece for the better. How do you like that cam roughneck?

Its a good street cam it sounds stock to me then again i have rhoads lifters and makes the cam smaller at idle. I did numbers in my sig im not happy with them im sorting out the tune on it alot of stuff im finding wrong with it the more i look at the tune on in im just starting from scratch and hit the dyno next week hopefully. Isnt that the cam your going to use????
Old 08-23-2008 | 01:21 PM
Launching!

Actually I'm looking for something more around 224 581 along with some stock ported heads. Not married to the idea, just giving it consideration, alot of consideration.
Old 08-23-2008 | 05:59 PM
Launching!

Default Raced a Camaro SS

So I'm just sitting in my car parked in the road minding my own dam business, watching the birds fly around the grapevines, when this guy in a blue SS Camaro pulls up next to me. He throws some VHT down on the road and starts doing his impersonation of a burn out, this guy went about an eighth mile down the road so I think maybe he's leaving. Then he backs up to where I am looking like some poster child for DUI. So again I'm wondering if he wants to race. He sure is acting like it. He does another burn out, then another. Time for some suspension mods and tires dood. Then out of nowhere some guy stands in the road in front of us, points at the SS, points at me, raises and drops his arms. Now I may be older but my reflexs would shame a starving tiger. I'm gone and get to admire this blue SS in my rear view mirror. After a few more times of this I begin to wonder if my rear view is dirty and try cleaning it off, nope mirror is clean, nope it's not a sticker, but just the same that damm SS is stuck in my rearview. Through some devine intervention, or maybe this guy had an epiphany, he decided to stop trying to win and conceded to the agony of defeat. A great time was had by all and everyone there was actaully cool. I'm sure a rematch is in little 80sbabys head. I bet he get wheels/tires.
Old 08-23-2008 | 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-23-2008 | 06:44 PM
On The Tree

yeah miles needs tires bad i'm sure the car can hang but traction is an issue and it was fun till we got accused of stealing grapes by a mexican security guard and had to leave because he call the la migra on us....oh yeah nice story dude lol..
Old 08-23-2008 | 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-24-2008 | 03:51 AM
Teching In

yea, that was definitely the worse surface ive ever raced on...definitely gotta have a rematch preferably after i get some new tires, and a new location (kuz these bfg's SUCK!!!) hopefully ur buddies show up nxt time...oh and nice story
Old 08-24-2008 | 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

what type of tires do you have?
Im looking at a set of nitto's soon.
Old 08-24-2008 | 01:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
yea, that was definitely the worse surface ive ever raced on...definitely gotta have a rematch preferably after i get some new tires, and a new location (kuz these bfg's SUCK!!!) hopefully ur buddies show up nxt time...oh and nice story
Because you have raced on so many surfaces? I have seen 10sec cars hook out there, theres probably better rubber on that road than at alot of tracks. Not the road that was the problem. Remeber back when you got those 18x11 wheels and I told you you wouldnt be able to hook? You said you werent going to be racing and you wanted the bling. Another problem is that you are in-experienced and not really knowing what you are doing. Did your burn-outs all wrong. You shouldnt just sit and spin, the car needs to creep forwardas you burn out laying down the rubber. I could go on for quite awhile with the things you did wrong. Nothing againt you, we all start out knowing nothing and through experience we learn. Do you really think I never lost any races due to !traction? Think again. Lost to Jones and to Hammdogg due to !traction. I told you I would help you out with that !traction thingbut mostly you need experience.

and for the record, I do not think Miles car is slow nor have I said that.

Quick Reply: How many people from Fresno area?