Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Battle of the Bay Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005 | 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Battle of the Bay Tonight

Hey guys, has anyone heard of this, battle of the bay? I guess theres some kind of special run tonight where 408 goes against 510. I heard this from my buddies are HondaTech, but they say domestics are sure to go. Anyone going? I'm not too sure wheres the track, I heard maybe someplace in Concord. But yeah, some of us HAVE to go! Show these foos whats up! Haha, I'll go and try to get some good pics and post it later. And if I find out the exact track, I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 07-27-2005 | 01:45 AM
Launching!

so what happened?
Old 07-27-2005 | 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool

Ok let me get this all down while its still fresh in my mind. I leave with my homeboys to meet up around 11. Then we drive off to Mercado, the AMC next to great america. Usually this is the spot to meet up for the local runs on tues or thurs. (info for those who dont know) Anyhow, I see about the same number of heads there, and also some new crews. I even saw 2 supras, a white and black one on flat bed claiming to be running 9 and 10's. Pretty sure the crew they were with was GOOKSPEED. Alsosaw about 5 maros, 2 red ones, a white and maybe 2 blacks. I do remember seeing a black camaro with the plate GMGOD. Belonged to a crew named Fast GMs. Ive seen them around but never got to see him run. So yeah. By the time it was 1230 i think, my homeboys and I got tired of waiting for everyone to head out so we left on our own. The track was set up somewhere in concord, on a street called Byron? Literally straight out of the boonies. You'd pass crooked streets and long long long highways before you'd get to the track. It was an hour trip but finally we got there. I guess we got there pretty early, there was about 10 cars just sitting on the side. We parked right next to this painted line on the strip. Very narrow strip by the way. Only 2 car width, but it was long. Not much to look at in the begining, just stars, a few imports, oh and this one cute breezie with nice red hair . In just about 10 minutes or so, BOOM a rush of cars came in. I mean big rush. From every direction! On one side, I'm guessing it was people from 408, while on the other people from 510. The lines were long, hella cars showed up, and to get things started, people just began to put their cars in line to make a run. The first run I saw was between 2 STIs. A blue one and white one that had a DOHC crew sticker on it. Man are those things beautiful, I loved the bubble sound they made. People just parked their cars on the cross street and basically walked to the front of the line. I was surprised that a lot A LOT of people showed up, especially how far it was. The STi's go at it for a while, then comes a Civic Eg orange with turbo. Runs down alone then comes back waiting. You hear people yelling Bring out the camaro! Bring out the LS1! haha. Then pulls up the GMGOD camaro, and his car is mean. He warms up his tires and pulls to the line. I remember rushing up just to get a good picture of him launching but no success, too many people wanted to see this race. I'm guessing it was an All motor v8 VS turbo gsr. Anyhow, they go and what woudl you know... the camaro wins! Haha, its funny cauase you see like half the people go awwww while the others, including myself, were cheering. Hell yeah, ls1 baby! They come back to do one more run and then.... some guy starts yelling COPS COPS and you look over and see red/blue lights flashing coming down the same way everyone else did. Everyone scatters and gets the hell out of there. For those unfortunate to smash in front of the cops, they're detained and written a ticket . my homeboys and I follow a crew we know called darkside to a nearby Chevron. We see at least 10 cop cars speed by, finding out that they block out any entrances to the track. Even two patrol units come into the station to "watch" us. Err, made everyone a little uneasy to leave. I think there may have been a snitch. A biker, dressed up in all black comes into the station and pulls up next to the cops and points out all the cars. Im not too sure, but is what I heard. Dirty snitch,probably went to the run and told the cops. I mean how else could they have known, it was literally set up AWAY from anything or anyone to disturb. One of the cops leave to pull over a guy who stupidly revs his **** while passing us --tsk. This is when we all try and leave for the freeway. The remaining cop follows us all the way down to another city, then turns back. By then we're lost and have no idea how the hell to get back home. It takes us about a half hour to get on the freeway. The runs ended about 230. its now 5. Thats how long it took me to get back from Concord to Sj.

Honestly, I have nothing to complain. I mean it was something to see and well worth being there. REALLY sucked that it was only there for an hour then raided. But, at least everyone was down to show up. Maybe they'll be another one and more guys from this board will show. Oh and if the FAST GM guys read this, Good job!

-Ed.
Old 07-27-2005 | 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are pictures that I took at the run. Note. to anyone whose car i have posted feel that they do not want me to display their car please PM me and I will glady take it off. Otherwise, your car was nice. Enjoy

We were getting tired of waiting...

The Cutie with the red hair.

One side of the cars coming, lets just say all of 510.

And heres 408.

The strip

The STIs lined up.

A glimpse of how many people showed up

Turbo Eg

And the only GM that got to run-

Staying safe at a Chevron.

And the party crashers..err
Old 07-27-2005 | 01:16 PM
Teching In

looks like i am going to have to slick it up one day soon and see whats up
Old 07-27-2005 | 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i was on that actually got caught by the stupid cops. my cars was all the way in the back and i was one that the cops bitched at.. oh well at the end i got lucky and left without anything.. but i did had to lie to them bout lots of stuff like what did i had in my car, they even made me open my hood stupid asses their still dumb they dont know the difference between stuff
Old 07-27-2005 | 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man.. i miss CA sometimes.. are any of the faster guys still out there on the street? dominic, dustin, the castros, sam?... i was 510, but used to goto the 408 all the time.
Old 07-27-2005 | 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn , good thing you got out Pewter. Yeah I remember seeing the guy in the black camaro being last cuase something wrong with his car? I dont know, I saw him or his buddy look under the car while the cops came. Anyhow yeah, good thing you didnt get any ticket.
Old 07-27-2005 | 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way, how fast do you have to run to be in FastGms? Or are they homies only?
Old 07-27-2005 | 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

holy ****.. some of the pix are blurry as hell, i almost had a seizure.
Old 07-28-2005 | 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001FireBird
By the way, how fast do you have to run to be in FastGms? Or are they homies only?

you have 2 be pretty daym fast ...why??
Old 07-28-2005 | 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just to clear up a couple of things. Where you were at was Byron good place to run but windy as **** normally. The cops have gotten smart over the past years they used to just send in cars through one side so you would be able to go out the other. By the way were you guys decided to pull over (at the chevron) there just happens to be the brentwood police department on the next street over and they can be some ********. good luck in the future and stay away from those dam cops.
Old 07-28-2005 | 02:44 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 2001FireBird
Ok let me get this all down while its still fresh in my mind. I leave with my homeboys to meet up around 11. Then we drive off to Mercado, the AMC next to great america. Usually this is the spot to meet up for the local runs on tues or thurs. (info for those who dont know) Anyhow, I see about the same number of heads there, and also some new crews. I even saw 2 supras, a white and black one on flat bed claiming to be running 9 and 10's. Pretty sure the crew they were with was GOOKSPEED. Alsosaw about 5 maros, 2 red ones, a white and maybe 2 blacks. I do remember seeing a black camaro with the plate GMGOD. Belonged to a crew named Fast GMs. Ive seen them around but never got to see him run. So yeah. By the time it was 1230 i think, my homeboys and I got tired of waiting for everyone to head out so we left on our own. The track was set up somewhere in concord, on a street called Byron? Literally straight out of the boonies. You'd pass crooked streets and long long long highways before you'd get to the track. It was an hour trip but finally we got there. I guess we got there pretty early, there was about 10 cars just sitting on the side. We parked right next to this painted line on the strip. Very narrow strip by the way. Only 2 car width, but it was long. Not much to look at in the begining, just stars, a few imports, oh and this one cute breezie with nice red hair . In just about 10 minutes or so, BOOM a rush of cars came in. I mean big rush. From every direction! On one side, I'm guessing it was people from 408, while on the other people from 510. The lines were long, hella cars showed up, and to get things started, people just began to put their cars in line to make a run. The first run I saw was between 2 STIs. A blue one and white one that had a DOHC crew sticker on it. Man are those things beautiful, I loved the bubble sound they made. People just parked their cars on the cross street and basically walked to the front of the line. I was surprised that a lot A LOT of people showed up, especially how far it was. The STi's go at it for a while, then comes a Civic Eg orange with turbo. Runs down alone then comes back waiting. You hear people yelling Bring out the camaro! Bring out the LS1! haha. Then pulls up the GMGOD camaro, and his car is mean. He warms up his tires and pulls to the line. I remember rushing up just to get a good picture of him launching but no success, too many people wanted to see this race. I'm guessing it was an All motor v8 VS turbo gsr. Anyhow, they go and what woudl you know... the camaro wins! Haha, its funny cauase you see like half the people go awwww while the others, including myself, were cheering. Hell yeah, ls1 baby! They come back to do one more run and then.... some guy starts yelling COPS COPS and you look over and see red/blue lights flashing coming down the same way everyone else did. Everyone scatters and gets the hell out of there. For those unfortunate to smash in front of the cops, they're detained and written a ticket . my homeboys and I follow a crew we know called darkside to a nearby Chevron. We see at least 10 cop cars speed by, finding out that they block out any entrances to the track. Even two patrol units come into the station to "watch" us. Err, made everyone a little uneasy to leave. I think there may have been a snitch. A biker, dressed up in all black comes into the station and pulls up next to the cops and points out all the cars. Im not too sure, but is what I heard. Dirty snitch,probably went to the run and told the cops. I mean how else could they have known, it was literally set up AWAY from anything or anyone to disturb. One of the cops leave to pull over a guy who stupidly revs his **** while passing us --tsk. This is when we all try and leave for the freeway. The remaining cop follows us all the way down to another city, then turns back. By then we're lost and have no idea how the hell to get back home. It takes us about a half hour to get on the freeway. The runs ended about 230. its now 5. Thats how long it took me to get back from Concord to Sj.

Honestly, I have nothing to complain. I mean it was something to see and well worth being there. REALLY sucked that it was only there for an hour then raided. But, at least everyone was down to show up. Maybe they'll be another one and more guys from this board will show. Oh and if the FAST GM guys read this, Good job!

-Ed.

Someone had to represent the LS1's. Oh, yeah and about looking under his car, he was just capping his cutout because of the police. We had lots of fun! I personally thought we would be out there longer though, since it was out in the boonies.
Old 07-28-2005 | 03:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

is there gonna be another one?....i would be down to go!..
Old 07-28-2005 | 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont Know, we just ended up at chevron. Yeah I try to stay away from tyhe cops as much as I could.

I was just wondering how fast they have to be in order to join the crew. Haha maybe I'll be able to run fast enough to join? Haha but yeah, just asking the question. Do they run 11?

Hopefully they'll post another one. If I find out, I'll post so you guys know whats up. If it helps, my homie find found from SRO.com. They post whast up with the runs and ****
Old 07-28-2005 | 09:44 PM
Restricted User

We'll be out there tonight! It's been cool for the pass couple of weeks.
Old 07-29-2005 | 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

2001firebird you should come out this saturday. We will meet up at 10:30 at in&out.You chould chill with us and we will meet up with FAST GM'S and roll out together
Old 07-29-2005 | 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

yall gona meet up or sumdin......if it's koo count me in!!!
Old 07-29-2005 | 01:20 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
yall gona meet up or sumdin......if it's koo count me in!!!

Tonight were going to meet up at the AMC Mercado around 12:00ish. Sat. we meet up at the In and Out burger on Capitol and Tully around the same time.
Old 07-29-2005 | 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
2001firebird you should come out this saturday. We will meet up at 10:30 at in&out.You chould chill with us and we will meet up with FAST GM'S and roll out together

Quick Reply: Battle of the Bay Tonight