Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

who tunes better in Ca??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005 | 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
too bad they dont like to work on fbodies..
They will tune a f-body, but I won't pay them $550 to do so.
more like $300 to $400 up here in norcal.
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:32 AM
On The Tree

i heard nick from newtech is lazy! and the rick from synergy blows up cars!
Old 08-25-2005 | 11:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OnE Ls1 2 HaTe
i heard nick from newtech is lazy! and the rick from synergy blows up cars!

and I heard the camaro was comming back, but no one knows for sure. What ever you would like to say about Nick from Newtech or Rick from synergy, I would suggest you have first hand experience.

We offer a bet to anyone wanting a tune, if we cant out tune your last tune, then you get your money back and your tune back.

Rick
Old 08-25-2005 | 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
and I heard the camaro was comming back, but no one knows for sure. What ever you would like to say about Nick from Newtech or Rick from synergy, I would suggest you have first hand experience.

We offer a bet to anyone wanting a tune, if we cant out tune your last tune, then you get your money back and your tune back.

Rick
On the bet are you talking about a modest gain of lets say 10+ HP. Or are you saying if can just get a few extra say 3-4 then there is no refund. You can get a few just by cranking up the timing which may not be the best idea and can lead to future problems.
Old 08-25-2005 | 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
On the bet are you talking about a modest gain of lets say 10+ HP. Or are you saying if can just get a few extra say 3-4 then there is no refund. You can get a few just by cranking up the timing which may not be the best idea and can lead to future problems.

Its basicly everything. Everything from Part throttle driving, to responce, to WOT, ect. My dyno has the ability to measure average HP and TQ, so if I make a better graph all the way through, then that is what we are talking about. Sometimes I have had cars come in and found the other tuner did a good job on WOT, but the rest of the car is where the customer was sold. Being that the car was totally fun to drive and felt more responsive and powerful was more than worth it.

Plus I use a loaded dyno, so its hard to just crank up timing to make power, you are working against a real load. Its not a dynojet.

Rick
Old 08-25-2005 | 02:20 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Its basicly everything. Everything from Part throttle driving, to responce, to WOT, ect. My dyno has the ability to measure average HP and TQ, so if I make a better graph all the way through, then that is what we are talking about. Sometimes I have had cars come in and found the other tuner did a good job on WOT, but the rest of the car is where the customer was sold. Being that the car was totally fun to drive and felt more responsive and powerful was more than worth it.

Plus I use a loaded dyno, so its hard to just crank up timing to make power, you are working against a real load. Its not a dynojet.

Rick
my brother had his magnacharged 00 c5 tuned by rick about 2 and a half months ago and rick put in alot of time to just get the tune right from every RPM that sucker pulls all over the powerban..rick equipment is top notch which allows him to tune your car right ...not just WOT..when I finally get my 383/procharger build done by the end of september I will be going strait to go see rick at synergy ....keep up the good work
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

I have heard a lot of good things about Creech, but he his in SoCal and you ain't so the best bet for your money is going to be either Rick at Synergy or Nick at Newtech. There is also Kieth at Force Fed up in Sac, but I haven't done business with any of them. I am just putting out the options. Talk to them all and see where that gets you. If it is just a basic tune, talk to the two bay area folks. If it FI, talk with the bay are peeps, but also talk with Kieth up a FFP. Good luck and update us with who you used and what gains you got.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:54 PM
On The Tree

i heard u blew up sum turbo charged truck, then rebulit the motor with spare parts u had! then it blew up a week later
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GasTiresandOil
I have heard a lot of good things about Creech, but he his in SoCal
Actually, he's in NC.
Old 08-25-2005 | 06:10 PM
Banned

i heard u blew up sum turbo charged truck, then rebulit the motor with spare parts u had! then it blew up a week later

hehehehehehehe. Thats freaking funny. I love how stories are formed. Should I let the customer come in here and talk to you about it?

The first motor went due to a fire that was caused by the STS bypass valve not doing its job and blowing the oil cap off the valve cover and sraying the back of the firewall with oil. The guy jumped out of the car, and poured the engine bay with rocks and dirt because he lived out in the boonies. So from this, the motor got trashed. Since we do warranty work here, we called up his insurance and got him a new stock motor. After that, we ran boost on it for some time and that truck ran 12.3 @ 110 in the 1/4 mile which is faster than most f-bodies run with basic mods. He ran into a problem with this motor only after he drove through a rain storm and sucked up some water while boosting, causeing a rist pin to lock up. No other harm was done to the motor, the pistons looked awsome, even after all the 15psi runs on a stock bottom end we had done. So if there are any other questions, you are more than welcome to ask. And if there are any more false stories you would like to add, please let me know first so I can give you the actualy story instead of letting guys like you make up what you like.

The part about the spare parts is the best.

Rick
Old 08-25-2005 | 06:37 PM
On The Tree

**** , i got hella stories, and i don't make them up i tell them how they are told to me. like another not story about how someone's car from san jose smoked everytime he went wot becuase u guys had installed the rod bearings incorrectly?
Old 08-25-2005 | 06:49 PM
Banned

**** , i got hella stories, and i don't make them up i tell them how they are told to me. like another not story about how someone's car from san jose smoked everytime he went wot becuase u guys had installed the rod bearings incorrectly?
You must build alot of motors to know that rods bearings dont cause motors to smoke under wot conditions. Maybe you should study motors alittle more.

hehehe. your stories get better and better. I dont have any motors that smoke. I know all my cars bro. Anyhow, unless you build cars too, I dont think you have a place to talk. Have a nice day.

Rick

Last edited by Rick@Synergy; 08-25-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-25-2005 | 07:10 PM
12 Second Truck Club

LMAO!!

Don't believe everything you hear.....

As Rick stated. The first motor went due to an engine fire. The 2nd motor ran PERFECT for about 3k miles at 14-15psi before I tried boosting in a monsoon like an idiot. The truck ran like a raped ape for over 5000lbs of bulk. The driveability was perfect and when the motor was taken apart the internals looked as clean as the day they went together minus the crushed wristpin gap. The 12.3@110mph was ran on 14.5psi on a stock 5.3L with stock 6.0L heads on it AND the motor was already knocking bad from the wristpin problem. I'd have tried for an 11 with more boost but the chance to get into a magazine kept me from risking the truck. At 15psi, methanol and C16 there was no hint of detonation so who knows what it could have done thanks to Rick.

The funny thing is.. Rick nailed the tune perfectly ON THE STREET! He didn't even have the dyno yet. The stuff he learned on the street as well as the new dyno has made him one of the best tuners in the area IMO. I talk to alot of F-body guys and the ones making good power AND driving their cars around without having to 2 foot it to keep it from stalling love Rick's tunes.. The others.. Well lets just say a lot of em favor other shops and some wouldn't know a good tune if it reared up and bit em in the *** yet they waggle their tongues nonetheless.
Old 08-26-2005 | 02:57 AM
Launching!

Rick, is not perfect and is human. More importantly he will honestly let you what he is and is not.

Rick has great moral values and character.

Rick is a great tuner. In addition, a tune done by a good tuner, throughout the entire rpm range on Dynopak, will beat a Dynojet tune hands down. Ask any T-1 racer, they all have their tunes done throught the entire rpm range.
Old 08-26-2005 | 05:55 AM
On The Tree

You must build alot of motors to know that rods bearings dont cause motors to smoke under wot conditions. Maybe you should study motors alittle more.

hehehe. your stories get better and better. I dont have any motors that smoke. I know all my cars bro. Anyhow, unless you build cars too, I dont think you have a place to talk. Have a nice day.

Rick
i did all the work on my car and take what your sayin offensive so im telling u, "rick" form synergy to go **** your self
Old 08-26-2005 | 07:09 AM
12 Second Truck Club

i did all the work on my car and take what your sayin offensive so im telling u, "rick" form synergy to go **** your self

People like you are amusing. I bow down to anyone who put thier own Fernco coupler one all by themselves.. Those are a bitch! I had to have mine profrssionally done. Must respect man.
Old 08-26-2005 | 11:11 AM
Launching!

Hmm. Black 2000 Z28 Camaro / A4
Functional SS hood. SLP lid, 3x3 fernco, tb bypass, 160 thermo, Ls6 intake, Lg g2 lowering springs, tci ssf 3500, Edelbrock stepped 1 7/8 headers, True 3 inch Duals, stock 10 bolt with 3.23 gears

Hmm. You changed your exhaust and intake in your driveway and presto your an ASE mechanic. I think we all got it.

Good luck to you and do yourself a favor, get rid of your anger before turn into an old man. You want to look back at all the people you blessed in life, not the ones you kicked for no reason.
Old 08-26-2005 | 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
Functional SS hood. SLP lid, 3x3 fernco, tb bypass, 160 thermo, Ls6 intake, Lg g2 lowering springs, tci ssf 3500, Edelbrock stepped 1 7/8 headers, True 3 inch Duals, stock 10 bolt with 3.23 gears

Hmm. You changed your exhaust and intake in your driveway and presto your an ASE mechanic. I think we all got it.

Good luck to you and do yourself a favor, get rid of your anger before turn into an old man. You want to look back at all the people you blessed in life, not the ones you kicked for no reason.

i think there's some assumptions in that post?
Old 08-27-2005 | 06:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN

**** u don't know me so don't talk ****, ur probably a 14 year old wanting an f-body
Old 08-27-2005 | 08:56 AM
12 Second Truck Club

**** u don't know me so don't talk ****, ur probably a 14 year old wanting an f-body
Go Gangsta!

Someone make another witty reply so he'll start threatening bodily harm.

Quick Reply: who tunes better in Ca??