Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

IS there anyone that can beat this 9 second el comino!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I outran him and have a LS1 to race him for $500 right now on the street. Cash in hand, car is ready, daily driver, pump gas, A/C full interior and gets 24 mpg. If the question is can an LS1 car outrun him, Ive got $500 that says I will. No **** talking involved, no bashing on your car, just saying I think our car can outrun your car.

You can describe your powerglide, spooled, race car a street car all you want and I wont dispute that..I quit trying to argue 7-8 sec chassis car guys with 15:1 on alcohol that their cars weren't street cars just because they had "headlights and tagged license plates". Put a 500 shot in that thing for all I care either. Heads up on an agreed up on road. Prep your own lane...if arguement over lane choice, coin flip. Marked off mutually agreed 1/4 line, leave on a flashlight from mutual 3rd party, cross lanes in front auto DQ, Move more than a car length = chase is a race, no whining.

Well if you are looking for someone that HAS outran Elky489 then I could answer that one. (Elky/nathan gets so mad and pissed when I bring it up, dont get butt hurt).
I raced him in my 346" LS1 /w spray C4 corvette and won by about 7-8 cars and no questions asked he paid without any arguement... If you own the Pay-per-view and nationwide DVD Imports and Outlaws the video of the race is on there.

My LS1 vette is on there outrunning a 9 second 440 blown tubbed cuda, elkys car and another 9 sec chevelle.
But in his credit, he went like 9-1 that night and would race anything that was halfway streetable, and he outran everyone else but me.

How about Elky. Car is ready right now....just a little LS1 daily driver.

Last edited by VTESPEED; 11-03-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Umm not spooled first off just to set it straight....Its a got a eaton posi and yes it did have a glide because thats what i had....Its not the right trans for the job being im 3800lbs with limited gear 3.73.Now it has a 3 speed and its much much faster then before...Jim you did beat my 11 second that night in your bottom to mid 10 second car...Bad thing is you felt like you had to bust a 3 car headstart to beat my 2500 dollar 11 second car....Yes i thumped everyone else there that night and the cuda you raced was a ******* small block jim....A indy headed small block and ya you had to pull in his lane so he would lift to beat him....Ive never seen you run a halfway fair race in my life...Now your living off your boys nuts in the white car...Props to the car its fast but its not yours...So anyway i told you a few weeks ago when i get my nwew intake and carb and get it tuned again we could go for a couple hundred did i not....Just because my car doesnt get 24 mpg doesnt mean itsd not a street car...I drive it more then most quote on quote daily drivers....Anyway JIm yes you beat my 11 second small block 3 years ago in your 10 second ******* bottle **** vette whoopty do put that yellow peice of **** back together and make it live more then a day and come talk **** to me...The guy with the white car hasnt ever talked **** to me so he is ok in my book and his car does haul ***....You on the other hand Jim words cant explain what a door **** you are....This is the reason why so many guys hate you...All hail the 14 second yellow vette off the 700 shot and 10.50s on the jug...And you wonder why your **** pukes its ******* gots out everytime at the track jim because you live and die off that ****...My sorry *** little street truck has been in the 9s on a weak 200 shot on the brakes with my old **** probaly real close now on the ******* motor....Also Dustins car that you beat that night you got in his lane to and almost got socked because you do it cause you were going to get beat...So when did you build my rear end jim???that you think it has a spool...**** it has 4 mufflers so i can drive it with ease on the street...You dont know my car and until you do dont say its not 100%daily drivable...Sorry im not fi and get 24mpg....O yea that cuda was a 26x9 slick dude not a tubbed car...it was a 1965 cuda with a indy headed 360 with a 871 on a very very small 26x9 while you were on a 29x13...So lets get the facts straight jim so you dont look like a dork...

Last edited by elky489; 11-03-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man thats some funny ****.

where do you guys race?

i wanna be there.

and.. damn.. getting in someone else's lane during a bet?

gonna get shot doing that ****!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM
10 Second Club

nate i will be there dammit i got you this free money!!! see i only help you~!~ soo vtespeed do we know how to get ahold of nate and will you come are way??
Old 11-03-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

lol damn did you even breath
Old 11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Yes i talk to jim threw another website weekly...So really guys what defines a street car????Im really curious cause not everyone owns a fuel injected ls1...My car is heavier the factory wieght has full nice interior including a factory style bench seat no flexy flier buckets...Full stereo system heater no air but it never came on the car....Stock window glass runs on pump gas has 3.73 gears no cage full exhuast actually 4 mufflers no spool just a good posi stock rear suspension and i mean stock just been boxed and poly bushings..No trick springs stock wagon rear springs small block front springs...i used to drive the car atleast 3 times aweek to work but gas prices are a killer right now...I can pull upto any pump and run that gas into the high 9s and still drive it to the track....What more makes it a street car...O yea Jim fyi power glides came factory in 1965 el caminos just so ya know....Now it has a t350 well the second one atleast and hopefully it will last longer then 10 shifts...So please tell me why my car isnt a daily driver street car...No its not practical but i didnt build it to be practical but it is a dream to drive and has exelent maners in 100 plus degree weather....Whats funny is Jim was telling everyone he drove his car to the spot where these races went down and said i beat all these trailor cars blah blah when in fact his pos went there on a trailor too...Mine went on a trailor for 2 reasons if it broke i didnt want to walk home and 2 we had 5 guys in my extended cab...So suck it easy Jim....Hey jim how many motors have you had in your wreck?i gotta say atleast 10...my car has had 2 small block and now the big block...Also what brand spool did you put in my rear end Jim????
Old 11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Launching!

I dont care that i lost big deal thats like 3 years ago im more pissed that you continue with saying my car isnt a street car...Im sick of it...
Old 11-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

damm! this sounds like my life.
my name says it all! "1bad71" 1971 el camino all steel body(except bolt on fiberglass hood) which weighed more than stock. full glass, full interior, suspension was all stock other than urethane bushings and metco rear arms. 12 bolt with eaton posi- 3:73 gears, stock axles, 4 wheel drum. 355 small block (30 over 350, factory steel crank, stock rods, trw 9:1 slugs, brodix track 1s "untouched", crane split 567-580 lift solid roller, victor jr, holley 950 hp, turbo 350, a-1 4000 stahl) car weighed 3497 with me in it. ran 12.40 on motor, 11.11 at 126 on 200 shot on et streets and "no cage". drove on power tour in 2000 from cali to phx and logged hundred of miles all over the state of az and cali along with running all three tracks in az and barona and carlsbad in cali, the strip in vegas. along with street racing on every weekend that i could. all this on the same motor for 6 years!!!!

oh! i forgot the house of color paint job i put on it that helped me win 3 second place trophys and 1 first place and editors choice at super chevy, along with photos in car craft and super chevy and cover for the performance suspension cataloge.

so what is it? a race car? a street car? a show car? correct! it's not what you have it's what you do with it.

also! so does my friends car (67 camaro) 454 twin turbo, turbo 350, 12 bolt/ 2:73 gears, 33-17.50 tires, runs 93 octane and drives it every weekend, including to and from the track. is this a strret car or a race car?

oh sorry! the camaro runs 8.40s.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

Lol..just like I apparently dont know the details on your junk...you know nothing about mine. Last time out mine only went 145 coasting from the 1000ft...but hey who cares right, thats not the street.

Bottom line
Im not talking **** about your car, your car is fast. I have a pocket full of cash I'm willing to donate to your junk to saw us off. So just reply with "my ***** broke right now and not ready to race" or "Alright lets race" or "No I dont want to race"

And as far as my own car..im finishing up a poopie rustang right now that I cant wait to put my wallet where my mouth is. So I dont care to argue your definition of a street car... I just say my $500 speaks for itself. No **** talking required.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Launching!

not broke apart awaiting intake and carb....My carb is coming from ebay and we all know how long that takes....Also i hope your not being serious calling my car junk...The last time i checked it hauls major *** has been in 2 calenders won a bunch of car shows yes local but still car show and best thing is i built it all myself....And jim i was talking about your old combo not the new broken one lol,,,,
Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Ding Ding Ding....
Old 11-04-2005, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elky489
not broke apart awaiting intake and carb....My carb is coming from ebay and we all know how long that takes....Also i hope your not being serious calling my car junk...The last time i checked it hauls major *** has been in 2 calenders won a bunch of car shows yes local but still car show and best thing is i built it all myself....And jim i was talking about your old combo not the new broken one lol,,,,
Would you mind e-mailing me any pics of the car if you have them. Thanks
e-mail to STANGFAN2U@MSN.COM

Last edited by 1 BLOWN V8; 11-04-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Launching!

http://airflowperformance.net/ my car is on this website......Its the blue and white elky...
Old 11-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Banned

Well when your farm truck is put together let me know.

You've got heads up.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

So the El Camino is broken?

How do you get called out, get on here to respond to the call out, get called out again, call out the 2nd guy that called you out, all with a broken car?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neat

How do you get called out, get on here to respond to the call out, get called out again, call out the 2nd guy that called you out, all with a broken car?

Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

well i can tell you all this seems to be going down and we will have a reffery so there are no blows thrown!!lol everybody calmm down just racing let your cars do the talking from here on out!!ill get ahold of elky!! i think his stuff might be here soon!! (takes one big breath gasping)
Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neat

Not broken upgrading big difference....Im doing a intake and carb swap...And really i didnt call anyone out tony did with his thread..Anyway car isnt broken just doing a carb and intake swap...And im still waiting on the carb,had a bunch of problems in shipping...Got the intake ported and already on the car just waiting on the carb...Down or apart yes broken nope....That was last month because it **** out a tranny well 3 to be exact lol...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Banned

It is so fast then i'm sure you dont need a bigger intake and carb right??? Just run it like it is....or are you worried maybe you dont have enough motor?

(rattling your cage now....guess ill have to get on the fresno board and link to this...wouldnt wanna ruin your bad dude fast guy rep.

but I am going to spend your $500 on "00" on the roulette table.

Last edited by VTESPEED; 11-11-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Launching!

I have a couple friends who want in on the action.....an 99z28 and 91 300zxtt. What city are you in vtespeed? whens your car gonna be ready elky?

Quick Reply: IS there anyone that can beat this 9 second el comino!!