Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

north cali people- stockton?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default north cali people- stockton?

im looking at a college in stockton (university of the pacific) but in a college guide book, it describes stockton as a "drug infested, gang ridden, loathsome little town". can anyone tell me just how true this is?

also, what is there to do in north cali? big fbody community?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:14 AM
12 Second Club

Try norcal-ls1.com and thefirebirdden.com we got a big F-body group(s) up here in norcal. As for stockton, some parts are better than others but that description doesn't sound accurate to me.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevethepirate
im looking at a college in stockton (university of the pacific) but in a college guide book, it describes stockton as a "drug infested, gang ridden, loathsome little town". can anyone tell me just how true this is?

I'd say that description is pretty accurate!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

hmm, thanks guys. i think im flying out there in a week or so to check it out.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

my sister goes there, the campus itself is okay but off campus u got to be careful where you go. The neighborhoods around the school are really weird one street might be safe and nice then the nex one over will be drug infested and somewhere you wouldnt want to go. If you take the camaro with u only park it on campus cause off campus im pretty sure it will get stolen.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

my car is only a 6, doubt they would want it :p
Old 04-03-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup thats about right i had to work there for 6 months nothing to do unless you like fishing at the Delta.I hated that place so bad i drove from Fresno to and from work 2 hours there and 2 hours home because it was so awful
Old 04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Pretty accurate. And they'll take any car they can get their hands on.

I couldn't say I'd actually ever witnessed a car being stolen in front of my eyes until I went to Stockton.

The school is very nice, though, and the more north you stay, the better it gets. In my minimal experience, living on Ben Holt or as far as 8 Mile (I think it's 8 Mile) won't be as bad as staying in Downtown (no point if you're going to UOP anyways), and there's some okay places on March Ln as well. and you can always drive to the Bay or Sacramento if you want something to do.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Launching!

you would be better off going to sac for school to be honest. stockton is a pretty bad place. my uncle was a truck driver and i went with him one time and we were cruising through town and this hooker jumps up on the running board. she looked like a rat walking around on two legs wearing jeans and a cowboy hat. she had a messed up grille and made me do a full body shiver when she jumped up on the passenger side. that place is nasty.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

UOP is the only school in cali im looking at. i got rejected from pomona and occidental. those were the only other cali schools i applied to. its either UOP or some schools up in ohio :p
Old 04-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

sac state isn't any better i went to a frat party out there and there was police helicopters flying above and everyone looked like a thug. Doesnt matter if your car is a v6 they steal nything they can swang nuts in or get hyphy with. Besides a parking permit at UOP is 50 bucks a year, thats really cheap i pay 210 at SCU.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

haha, thats nothing. i was looking at going to george washington (DC) and i think its a grand or something.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

UOP is the only school in cali im looking at. i got rejected from pomona and occidental. those were the only other cali schools i applied to. its either UOP or some schools up in ohio :p
What major? Is it grad school?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

nah, undergrad. im going to major in international relations, debating a minor in something like international business, or language.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stockton has one of the highest murder rates in CA. There are tons of gangs, drugs and prostitutes. It isn't all bad.....just 98% of it! There have been times when I've feared for my life there. I've driven throught parts and been scared to come to a stop at the stop signs lol! SAC has a few bad parts like any other big city, but I feel MUCH safer here!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

I wouldn't live south of Elk Grove. It's a newer community and you could commute to Stockton. From Bakersfield to Stockton is basically orchards and dairies. Not much to do. Cowboys and Aggies. If you had a jet ski or boat, you could hit some of the local lakes and the delta. Other than that, not much to do. I moved from Merced. NOBODY went to Stockton for ANYTHING.(and Merced sucked)Stockton is just dirty. Sac is actually pretty cool if you could get up here.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Like others said, you would probably be better off going to school elsewhere. Not much to do there unless you are into drugs and hookers (ugly ones at that).
Old 04-05-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

hmm, thanks guys. im flying out on tuesday, guess ill see for myself.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by keaj
Like others said, you would probably be better off going to school elsewhere. Not much to do there unless you are into drugs and hookers (ugly ones at that).
like i said earlier the one that jumped on the running boards of the truck looked like an upright walking rat. teeth and all. well the ones that were there. she looked like she chewed the caps off of beer bottles. her grille was all gnarly and her breath smelled like poo.

Quick Reply: north cali people- stockton?