Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

insurance companies

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 04:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Next time you post a half-page thread, tell me something I don't know.

You could educate me by telling me why insurance rates in California are amongst the most expensive in the country. And make it so its logical as to why I have to foot the bill.

In my opinion, insurance is a necessary evil and no matter how you try to justify it, rates (especially for a good driver), are outrageous.
hey man i was just trying to find out what the claim was for. i have only been in the insurance game for about a year. i totally understand your view point in fact i share the same view points as you do on many of your points. the reason i said what i said in the post was simply because a lot of people don't know what i told you. i am sorry if it offended you. i in no whey meant to. all i was letting you know was that insurance agents use the forum too and also love high performance vehicles. i found what you were saying humorous. now the reason california rates are so high has a lot of different variables. to keep this as short as possible since i know how you hate half paged posts and all i will explain a couple. for one california is one of the most sue happy states in the country. you probably knew that already but the big dollar law suits will affect everybody's rates. i get no discount through allstate so i pay as much as anybody else would with the type of car and driving record that i have. we have many car insurance fraude rings in california. people causing accidents and having cars stolen and all kinds of things are happening. i am also sure you know that. i am also sure that you know that insurance is the game of big numbers. many people pay into the pot and a then the money gets distributed when something happens. the more fraud and law suits that happen, the bigger that pot needs to be to cover it. accident risk is really high also. california has one of the biggest populations for the area of land it takes up than anywhere else. you would expect to pay more living in the city than you would in the middle of no where in montana. more people more risk. i am sure you also know that. also the price of cars now is insane and so is the price of fixing them. medical costs are insane with big medical companies. and last i am sure it has a lot to do with insurance companies. i know one company that whenever one of their clients has an accident, if there are no injuries, the company still gives everybody in the other car $500 to sign the release. that adds up. i am not saying at all that insurance is the answer to all problems or that they are perfect, but whenever there is an accident the first thought is atleast i have insurance. until i used my coverages i thought and spoke exactly like you that insurance is a necessary evil. ok so the reason we all have to foot the bill. like i said we all pay into the pot. when you go shopping at the mall, part of the inflated price you are paying is because the store has to recover loss from thefts. is it fare we have to pay for what some scumbag stole. no. if you were to send me your info on your car i could show you what you would be paying if you were not a good driver for your car. trust me when you are not a good driver you pay your part until you are ticket and accident free. and i ahve been through it. when i was 17 i got in an accident with out insurance had my license suspended and then got a ticket for driving without a license or insurance. when i got my license back i paid 2000 a year on just state minimums liability only. my 1973 firebird cost me 700 in 96 and i paid 2000 a year for bare bones coverage. trust me i know where you are coming from. right now i pay 1480 per year for a 94 blazer and a 99 mustang gt. the ls1 is a project so not covered. good driver for 5 years multiple polices. been insured through allstate 8 years. anyway like i said i was not trying to pick a fight with you and i hope something in this helps.
Old 04-07-2006 | 04:50 PM
Launching!

by the way if i traded the blazer for a 1999 formula my insurance would go up to 1600 for a year.. 133 a month aint bad for a 1999 formula and a 1999 mustang gt. if you don't have your home owners insurance and your auto with the same company you shoud try it allstate gives 10 percent on the auto and 20 percent on the home. also it may be cheaper, if you have an appartment and you get renters insurance. a lot of the time you can have both for cheaper than just the car. if you want to find out pm me. otherwise i know i haven't changed your mind but i wasn't trying to fight. and i do agree with a lot that you said.
Old 04-07-2006 | 04:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
i wasnt aware that there was a HP rating level that you could not exceed in your insurance contract... did they show you the part where it states this?
his thing was that i didnt tell them the car was raced on the track, and how much it made, but they never asked at the same time. o well
Old 04-07-2006 | 05:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
his thing was that i didnt tell them the car was raced on the track, and how much it made, but they never asked at the same time. o well
well i don't know if they would cover a mechanical failure or not but if damage is done to the car because of it, they darn well should. i was checking our rules and it doesn't state any restrictions on horse power levels. you wouldn't be covered on the track racing but as soon as you got back on the road it would be. if this was just a straight up race car, allstate wouldn't insure it but there is no restrictions on covering the car while away from the track if it is licensed and all that. if the agent doesn't ask how do you know what to tell them. that is on him. if i were you i would put in a complaint on the adjustor for bullying you into not claiming it and then i would call the state department of insurance. what happened to your car itself from the damaged clutch? they probably wouldn't replace the clutch but they should definitely repair any other damage.
Old 04-07-2006 | 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

allstate has had many complaints against them for bullying and forced retraction of claims. I have a family friend who now works at State Farm and left because of other reasons, but said it was quite common for them to hire these "adjusters" who were ex PI's and basically argue and intimidate people that their claim was false. She said the majority of the time, the claim was legitimate but they intimated the client enough so they wouldnt have to pay out. They actually do get bonuses for claims were deamed "falsified" or are retracted.
Old 04-07-2006 | 11:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
allstate has had many complaints against them for bullying and forced retraction of claims. I have a family friend who now works at State Farm and left because of other reasons, but said it was quite common for them to hire these "adjusters" who were ex PI's and basically argue and intimidate people that their claim was false. She said the majority of the time, the claim was legitimate but they intimated the client enough so they wouldnt have to pay out. They actually do get bonuses for claims were deamed "falsified" or are retracted.
you know gobblin unforunately you may be right i have no idea. i am sure adjustors probably do get paid better or kept around longer if they have lower loss ratios. unfortunately i can only speak from my own experience. you know nobody can say that the company they work for is perfect and i am far from that position. i do know that with all of the claims i have maid i never felt bullied and i felt the claims adjuster treated me very fairly. that is one of the reasons i felt comfortable going to work for them. i felt like they wanted to help me out. if that has happened about the adjusters that is an out right violation of the department of insurance laws and any company that does that could be sued very badly. if it happens to you or anybody else from any company i would first threaten them back with a complaint to the d o i. honestly the d o i is the consumers friend not the company. they are the insurance police and will slap a fine on the company so fast it would make their head spin. then i would file a complaint against the adjuster. third i would get in touch with the agent. the agent might say they have nothing to do with it at that point but if somebody told me that happened i would be on the phone quicker than you could blink because i as an agent am not just out to make a buck i do honestly want to help people. i value my clients and i know most of them personally. the person you do the business with obviously has a huge affect on how happy you will be with that company. unfortunately not all insurance agents and companies have to be as helpful as they should be.
Old 04-09-2006 | 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

wtf are you complaining about 133 dollars a month?! try 400 a month for this 18 year old, that's with AAA. yea that's with a speeding ticket that was given to me on my birthday of all days, but it was still over 300 a month before that.
Old 04-10-2006 | 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

rocketrider93: no problem man, I'm not trying to pick a fight either. Just wanted some insight. Thanks for the info and another half-page thread. Just bustin' some *****, nothing personal. And venting a little on the insurance industry. Glad you didn't take it as a personal attack.

Insurance is a necessary evil and since I am 32 and have yet to file a claim of any substance, have a clean driving record, and have my property insurance through the same company, I feel that $1500/yr. is excessive for an 04 Durango and an 01 Firebird. I have also been with the same company for 15 yrs.

At least now we know who to go through for insurance advice (Ryne and you).
Old 04-11-2006 | 06:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
wtf are you complaining about 133 dollars a month?! try 400 a month for this 18 year old, that's with AAA. yea that's with a speeding ticket that was given to me on my birthday of all days, but it was still over 300 a month before that.
no i am not complaining about my rates at all. you miss understood i was saying that 133 a month was not bad at all. trust me i have seen some huge premiums that made me just about choke. but i have also been able to help quite a few people save a good chunk of money and offer better protection. that is the part of my job i like.
Old 04-11-2006 | 06:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
rocketrider93: no problem man, I'm not trying to pick a fight either. Just wanted some insight. Thanks for the info and another half-page thread. Just bustin' some *****, nothing personal. And venting a little on the insurance industry. Glad you didn't take it as a personal attack.

Insurance is a necessary evil and since I am 32 and have yet to file a claim of any substance, have a clean driving record, and have my property insurance through the same company, I feel that $1500/yr. is excessive for an 04 Durango and an 01 Firebird. I have also been with the same company for 15 yrs.

At least now we know who to go through for insurance advice (Ryne and you).
hey man i get it all the time it is no sweat off my *****. i agree that insurance can be a necessary evil until you have to use it then it is a life saver. luckily you haven't had to make a claim. the bad thing about being an agent is most people are pissed when they come in to make their payments and most almost look at you like you are the enemy, or worse like the irs agent. the thing that sucks is someone comes in and hands you their hard earned money but walks out with nothing but a little security. it's not tangible but as soon as they have an accident or something you are their new best friend. i got into it cause i like to help people. take the good with the bad. glad to hear everything is cool bry and if there is anything i can answer for you just let me know.
Old 04-12-2006 | 02:10 PM
Livin La Vida Goat

This thread is useless.

Fact of the matter was his car was modified and his car was damaged as a result of what he added to the car.(Big motor/Big HP)

Your policy Jacket states that they can void coverage if the car was modified to increase performance.It also states that there is no coverage for timed or organized racing events.(The base rates for your policy are set for a stock car o why should a 500hp vette cost the same as a 350hp vette to insure?)

Would they have covered the car if it was stolen or crashed...YES

Should they cover the car because a 500HP motor sent the clutch throught the bellhousing durning a 6000rpm launch......NO (Be a man and pay for the damage that you did to the car...When I blew the motor in my 00 SS I didn't try to pass the loss to the dealer/warranty I fixed the car and sold it)

No matter what people pay for insurance they always complain...It dosen't matter if we are talking about $200 a year or a $20,000 commercial account.

I have been a lic agent for over 12 years and have seen and heard it all.

For everyone of us that dosen't turn in bogus claims we know 5 people that have.

Insurance companies are privately owned coorporations that are trying to make a profit.You signed up for a certain service/coverage and you should be entitled to no more or less than what you signed on for.

If your paying to much shop around that will either get you a better rate or show you that you are where you need to be.

<----- never turned a claim in once and I pay over 2,000 a year for a my car/truck and trailer.
Old 04-12-2006 | 03:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Qwik03
This thread is useless.

Fact of the matter was his car was modified and his car was damaged as a result of what he added to the car.(Big motor/Big HP)

Your policy Jacket states that they can void coverage if the car was modified to increase performance.It also states that there is no coverage for timed or organized racing events.(The base rates for your policy are set for a stock car o why should a 500hp vette cost the same as a 350hp vette to insure?)

Should they cover the car because a 500HP motor sent the clutch throught the bellhousing durning a 6000rpm launch......NO (Be a man and pay for the damage that you did to the car...When I blew the motor in my 00 SS I didn't try to pass the loss to the dealer/warranty I fixed the car and sold it)

No matter what people pay for insurance they always complain...It dosen't matter if we are talking about $200 a year or a $20,000 commercial account.

For everyone of us that dosen't turn in bogus claims we know 5 people that have.

Insurance companies are privately owned coorporations that are trying to make a profit.You signed up for a certain service/coverage and you should be entitled to no more or less than what you signed on for.

If your paying to much shop around that will either get you a better rate or show you that you are where you need to be.

<----- never turned a claim in once and I pay over 2,000 a year for a my car/truck and trailer.
yeah and guess, no one in this forum, probadly gives a **** about what you think. your an *** for even posting this reply, i was posting saying people **** with insurance companies, giving them respect, and respecting the power they have. Be a man?? you say, why dont you be a man and stop ripping people off every single day being your a insurance agent.
Old 04-12-2006 | 04:17 PM
Launching!

hey man sorry bout your luck but i don't go to work everday to rip people off. i hope it works out for you. i am still under the impression that if it shot a piece through your floor and damaged the car it should be covered but if the damage was done to the drivetrain we don't cover that.
Old 04-12-2006 | 04:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by rocketrider93
hey man sorry bout your luck but i don't go to work everday to rip people off. i hope it works out for you. i am still under the impression that if it shot a piece through your floor and damaged the car it should be covered but if the damage was done to the drivetrain we don't cover that.
this was meant towards you, you have been very respectful, but quik03 was out of line, and what i said was an attack towards him, because he attacked me.
Old 04-12-2006 | 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

He was posting about his experience and I found this thread useful, especially in the "learn from my mistakes" department.

"Useless" is your post, since it reiterated just about everything that was said or implied in this thread. Thanks for the regurgitation :
Old 04-12-2006 | 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

what an ******* talk about a crook insurance is bullshit biggest scam to ever hit us besides taxes
This thread is useless.

Old 04-12-2006 | 05:19 PM
Launching!

this was meant towards you, you have been very respectful, but quik03 was out of line, and what i said was an attack towards him, because he attacked me.
yeah i pretty much knew that i just wanted to make sure. yeah i kind of cringed when i read that post too. i agree it was a bit on the uncalled for side.
Old 04-12-2006 | 06:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

it feels good when a fello agent even says that was a littel uncalled for
Old 04-13-2006 | 12:02 PM
Livin La Vida Goat

yeah and guess, no one in this forum, probadly gives a **** about what you think. your an *** for even posting this reply, i was posting saying people **** with insurance companies, giving them respect, and respecting the power they have. Be a man?? you say, why dont you be a man and stop ripping people off every single day being your a insurance agent.
Fact of the matter you tried to turn in a claim that isn't nor should be covered by any insurance policy.

I didn't know we were going to get all personal but remember I didn't come onto the internet and air all my dirty laundry.If you can't take negative feedback you can turn off the computer.

The only reason I posted was because there are many uneducated people giving there feedback and attacking a company/industry that was not at fault.

Should I feel bad for the young couple that got themselves into a terrible lease on a Limited 4 Runner and then reported it stolen 3 days after the Irvine police found the car cut-up in a trash can?(Vin plate was still on the door)

They made 3 payments for Insurance and were hoping to have the insurance company pay for a 30K vehicle.

What about the kid that keyed his own car and stole his own stereo because he wanted a new paint job and system in his Accord?

I have stories for days.......yet people wonder why insurance is so exspenive

I wonder if your going to post another thread stating that your car wasn't covered while street racing in mexico while drunk and that all insurance companies are a rip off.

Just for your information I have never ripped off or taken advantage of anyone in my life........
Old 04-13-2006 | 12:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Fact of the matter you tried to turn in a claim that isn't nor should be covered by any insurance policy.

I didn't know we were going to get all personal but remember I didn't come onto the internet and air all my dirty laundry.If you can't take negative feedback you can turn off the computer.

The only reason I posted was because there are many uneducated people giving there feedback and attacking a company/industry that was not at fault.

Should I feel bad for the young couple that got themselves into a terrible lease on a Limited 4 Runner and then reported it stolen 3 days after the Irvine police found the car cut-up in a trash can?(Vin plate was still on the door)

They made 3 payments for Insurance and were hoping to have the insurance company pay for a 30K vehicle.

What about the kid that keyed his own car and stole his own stereo because he wanted a new paint job and system in his Accord?

I have stories for days.......yet people wonder why insurance is so exspenive

I wonder if your going to post another thread stating that your car wasn't covered while street racing in mexico while drunk and that all insurance companies are a rip off.

Just for your information I have never ripped off or taken advantage of anyone in my life........
there is no power limit clause in my insurance policy, i wasnt street racing the car when it happened, i didnt expect them to insure the part that broke, but i did expect them to insure the damage to my vehicle, i would pay for the part. street racing in mexico drunk? dude if honestly if you believe that thread, then you are simply a dumb ***, where did you get the drunk part , and for you to be saying you have never ripped anyone of, ha ha ok angel, you work for a insurance company, thats like a oxymoron.

Quick Reply: insurance companies