Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

"smog" place

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying to get my 4banger to pass for months...been on the rollers 3X that counted, no ******* luck. I'd kill for a good NorCal spot.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

If anybody knows of a spot please PM me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by whatbrown
I may know of a place here in diego. I will be finding out here shortly as I am trying to sell my car. I will pass along the info privately if I find anything out.
I want in
Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Well, as soon as I have an offer on my car for sale I will find out for you guys. I know it's good for 90 days, but who knows if I will sell my car within that time. I called the used car dealer where I bought my car and asked them how they got it to pass smog. I know it had the ses light on at that time because it turned on like 2 days after buying the car. It also has codes stored from the past that have been erased. They didn't argue with me or even deny anything, but they did give me a name and a number. I have called the guy, but obviously didn't infer anything illegal over the phone. Therefore, I will only find out when I physically bring my car there and watch it pass smog regardless of ses light or any other conditions that would otherwise disqualify it. So, let's all wish me good luck with the sale of the car and the miraculous passing of smog and everybody will be happy.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Hit me up private. I know a place in fullerton.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Launching!

i don't know if there are still counties in cali like this but i assume so. in yreka ca and in the county you don't have to smog unless you are buying or selling. so you go and get a p o box in a county like that and have the mail sent to that address. then you don't have to smog because you live there.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

smog "hook up" isn't cheap ....... and thats assuming you know me!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

''smog hook up'' better be pretty cheap for me because the dealer that sold me the car definitely used a ''smog hook up''.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned

Default funny enough

funny enough even witht he mods i have, i am almost 100% sure i would pass smog at stock boost. California thinks that if a car passes a visual inspection but doesnt pass smog thats unfortunate. If a car doesnt pass visual inspection but passes smog with flying colors the owner is a street racer that will kill at least 2 people because hes so rediculously reckless he should have his license revoked and that he owns a very very bad car that should be impounded and possibly crushed. f*** that! since when do visual inspections measure how much emissions a car puts out? That kinda stereotyping is what makes me not like ca. anyways, ya, i might know someone who knows someones girlfriends cousins brothers uncles great grandpas son who knows a guy at this one place. if you dont get it worked out hit me up.