Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Questions for Phoenix F'ers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for Phoenix F'ers...

I'm moving to Sierra Vista in about 2 months. I seen the schedule for SIR track, and all the info, but nothing on Phoenix other than I should run quicker than I will at Tuscon. Is there a scheduling info you could pass on to me? I'd hate to commute 3hrs and find out they only allow Slicks on Wed, or what-not. Thanks.

Charlie
Old 05-22-2006, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Here are the websites for the 2 drag strips in Phoenix. I go to Firebird all the time cuz it's close to where I live (Tempe, maybe 5 miles), but SpeedWorld has better track prep. Only thing is it's 40 mile NW of me.

http://www.firebirdraceway.com/

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/

Firebird has Friday night drags almost every Friday. It's a run what ya brung type of affair but you have to pass NHRA tech just like any other sanctioned track.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Speedworld is a much better hooking track. Just dont mind the dirt pits and return road.

Chris
Old 05-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

sir is a very good track! i don't know who's running it now? but i heard they have made the track very nice!

if you do come up to phx to run? i would go to speedworld first! they have a wed night and fri and sat night's (a lot less cars and more runs for you!!!) then slipperybird!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Restricted User

Good info, thanks. I wouldnt be able to make any Wed night drags, since I will be in school...hell might not be able to make Fri if they stick me in a night class But hopefully will be up and running for my birthday, as soon as I get the car there, I need to finalize a couple tuning issues, and find a trailer. Its not a trailer queen, but having an issue that far from home is $. So a simple wood deck willl be what I look for, or better depends.
Dirt pits and return road? ouch.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Banned

YES...some more competition...Go to speedworld, I liked how well it hooked the other night with just a little clutch slip...The pits are a little rough, but you'll get a lot of runs in...

Now i definitely need to buy some **** for my car...
Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Banned

what school are you going to in vista? military?

i stayed in wachuka city? (forget the spelling ) back when i was 17. those are the trailors you pass on the road into sierra vista

not a real party town! you'll have to go to tucson to have fun!! good luck and welcome to hell on earth!!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Restricted User

WsSickLs6-- who competetion *looks behind himself* I will most likely check out both tracks as well, I want to hit Vegas at least one weekend. First thing to-do list is find a house, second is to find a trailer, third get my new bike. Found a trailer for sale on the on Speedworlds Classifieds, or maybe it was Firebirds? We'll see.

1bad71, yes, Army, will going through the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator course, learning to fly remote control planes pretty much. I've been there a couple times, but nothing longer than 5months. This trip will be b/w 8months to ???? longer. Hopefully will stay until I retire this time. Kind of tired of moving all the time. Whens the last time you were around there? My last trip was 96', and from my friends, co-workers and looking at real estate pics, that area has grown up a lot.

Charlie
Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned

Yeah I'm still way behind you...But it gives me something to work towards in the near future...I'm a cam, clutch, and most likely a 9" away from your bumper...OR i could substitute the 9" for a 200 shot now and take you down with your bottle unhooked...

So you're planning on staying until you retire, how old are you??? Please say you're in yout 60's, that would be cool...
Old 05-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

well! since i was 17 when i was there, that would make it 20 years ago! damm i'm old!!!

yeah! i'm sure it's changed quite a bit since then. if you ever decide to make that vegas run let me know! i go about 3-4 times a year for the psca races and to test! best track in the 4 states
Old 05-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Restricted User

I'm 35, til August I hope to stay in the area, I wont find out until I get there and then call my manager to find out wheres to go to next. I will definately make Vegas run at least once, just dont know when...its tough cause I'd like to drive the car there, but then if I race it as well and something happens it would be a PITA getting it back....but I am awefully stubborn on **** like this, and usually overly confident so I'll end up driving I guess.
WsSickLs6...you add juice, then I will too just to try and keep the advantge I only ran on the 1st stage before...well I tried the larger shot, about 280rwhp, but forgot to check the tune