Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New Law!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
i got busted on a ref ticket in my vette.
Details bro?

-B
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
Oddly enough, I found the drivers in Arizona to be 10x worse than those in SoCal and the ones in SoCal are absolute ****!

As for the "modded cars are more-likely to race" profiling, it IS just like racial profiling. And just like racial profiling, it's generally wrong and targeting the WRONG people!

I find most of my impromptu races on the street and aggressive driving comes from soccer moms in Porsche SUVs, middle-management-******* in Benz's, yuppy granola-lovers tryin' to get their "fast" on in their Volkswagons and preppy frat-boy bastards who've just been handed yet another thing they didn't have to work for in their BMWs.

All of these testosterone-driven people, with no understanding of their vehicles or the road are the real menaces. I can't count how many times I've had some chowderhead in an Audi cut me off, swerve through traffic and theink they were autocrosser or something.

When does it become "Profiling" if it is a fact. I don't see one person on this website go and buy a turbo just to say they have one. THEY WILL USE IT...
Besides, it's just a waste of money to dump $8,000 in a car you will never use for it's intended purpose.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
........ I don't see one person on this website go and buy a turbo just to say they have one. THEY WILL USE IT...
Stand back.....stand Back...Ive gotta turbo....and Im not afraid to use it...Im warning you.....

Sorry..I c/n help myself
Old 06-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Teching In

maybe i should listen to my g/f when she says we should move out of CA!! lol
Old 06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

When does it become "Profiling" if it is a fact. I don't see one person on this website go and buy a turbo just to say they have one. THEY WILL USE IT...
Besides, it's just a waste of money to dump $8,000 in a car you will never use for it's intended purpose.
True but then you can go and say, why even sell cars with 300+ hp cause you know the person buying it is going to use it. Or even better, we should just make cars all have goveners set at 75 mph so nobody can speed.

Justin

Last edited by ThirdGenLS1; 06-19-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
True but then you can go and say, why even sell cars with 300+ hp cause you know the person buying it is going to use it. Or even better, we should just make cars all have goveners set at 75 mph so nobody can speed.

Justin
So are you saying that a person that has a 300hp Sports car will not use that 300hp?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Resident

So are you saying that a person that has a 300hp Sports car will not use that 300hp?
What i'm saying is he will, think i miss read what you wrote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bought a sniper's rifle and haven't shot anyone from a belltower.......yet.

My car's limiter has been removed, I haven't hit the top end.....yet.

I have a dick and I haven't raped anyone.....yet.

I have a black friend who doesn't eat fried chicken....yet.

I have a Mexican friend who doesn't speak spanish.....yet.

Just having the ability or fitting a certain profile doesn't mean you are going to do it. There is a likelihood and a probability, but it is anything but guaranteed. Profiling, by definition, means police focus on people of certain "groups" when seeking suspected criminals.

It's not a fact that someone with a turbo is street illegal and/or does anything else illegal. That person may choose to only race at the track and their turbo may be CARB-legal. It goes without saying that a person with a turbo or with a 300hp car (from your examples) should NOT be profiled based on the fact that they have the potential.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

And technically speaking, yes, you can use your 300hp and not break the law.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I bought a sniper's rifle and haven't shot anyone from a belltower.......yet.

My car's limiter has been removed, I haven't hit the top end.....yet.

I have a dick and I haven't raped anyone.....yet.

I have a black friend who doesn't eat fried chicken....yet.

I have a Mexican friend who doesn't speak spanish.....yet.

Just having the ability or fitting a certain profile doesn't mean you are going to do it. There is a likelihood and a probability, but it is anything but guaranteed. Profiling, by definition, means police focus on people of certain "groups" when seeking suspected criminals.

It's not a fact that someone with a turbo is street illegal and/or does anything else illegal. That person may choose to only race at the track and their turbo may be CARB-legal. It goes without saying that a person with a turbo or with a 300hp car (from your examples) should NOT be profiled based on the fact that they have the potential.
You have not hit the top end because obviously you are no fool, but you have been close havent you...

You have not raped anyone because you can satisfy your dick can't you...

Don't know what to say about your friend...

Your mexican friend will learn spanish one day or at least try...

In the important statements you made, you DID at least use the objects you own.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
What i'm saying is he will, think i miss read what you wrote
lol, np. All my life I heard "Speed is addictive", yet there are people that try to prove them wrong. Most people on this board that have fast cars would like to go faster. Hell, I intended on keeping my car stock and I have a closet full of parts now. It's hard, but the benfits are rewarding...
Old 06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by Black34V6
#2. Police cannot search your car by law. even with probable cause. According to the site i linked to, you can refuse a police officer's request to search your car, but its reccomended you do so politely. They may or may not take this as a sign you might have something to hide, but this is your rights we are talkin about. Personally I don't care what they say, I'm never letting a cop search my car again unless they have proper paperwork or some kind of explanation of the reason for searching my car.
If a cop has probable cause to search your car he is going to search your car, there is nothing you can do about that. Probable cause would be if they used a drug dog, saw something in plain view... If a cop does not have probable cause then you can tell him to no thanks...
Old 06-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Launching!

1.) It's not illegal for a person to have a gun, it's illegal for him to tote it around.

actually it's not illegal to tote it around. if you have a concealed weapons permit you can carry it around in your pocket fully loaded and cocked if you want to. otherwise when i am on a trip or something i keep mine on the dash unloaded, with the breech open and the clip as far from me as i can because i don't yet have a concealed weapon permit yet. you have to keep it visible to the cops but as long as you are legal it is ok.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Launching!

every woman alive has the potential to be and is fully equipped to be a *****. that doesn't mean that they all are. 75% maybe but not all of them.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dude... they are all ******.....But most importantly always remember and never forget, women are children of satan! peace

-B
Old 06-20-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

Some of you guys read too much into ****...
Old 06-20-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

The point is potential to break the law and breaking the law are entirely different. You can have the potential and still not break it. You should not be judged on potential, but on the actual act.

To answer your points:
I have not hit the top end, fast is fast enough.

If my dick were not satisfied by my wife, I know of many a place from San Berdo to Tijuana that can do it effectively. It does not mean that I or anyone else would resort to rape.

One friend chooses to revolt against the stereotype in his own way (yet we bust his ***** accordingly).

Another friend chooses to speak the language of the country in which he calls home, despite being fluent in Spanish. His choice, although I think he shortchanges his children.

Use and abuse are two different things. Responsibility rules the day. You can use the power you have in a legal manner or in a manner which excludes the innocent (DN2k6 is a great example).

Bottom line is, the government has no business in busting people who have not broken the law solely based on their potential to break the law.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Launching!

The point is potential to break the law and breaking the law are entirely different. You can have the potential and still not break it. You should not be judged on potential, but on the actual act.

To answer your points:

If my dick were not satisfied by my wife, I know of many a place from San Berdo to Tijuana that can do it effectively. It does not mean that I or anyone else would resort to rape.

One friend chooses to revolt against the stereotype in his own way (yet we bust his ***** accordingly).

Another friend chooses to speak the language of the country in which he calls home, despite being fluent in Spanish. His choice, although I think he shortchanges his children.

Use and abuse are two different things. Responsibility rules the day. You can use the power you have in a legal manner or in a manner which excludes the innocent (DN2k6 is a great example).

Bottom line is, the government has no business in busting people who have not broken the law solely based on their potential to break the law.
very well put
Old 06-20-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

To answer your points:

Well I don't know about you, but I would not feel safe with a career serial killer fresh out of prison living next to me. I would want his azz monitored at all times. OR, if I had children, I would want the neighborhood child molestor monitored at all times. BUT that's just me...
Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

Default Bs!

I have 2 cars, one is a 1992 Civic LX sedan which is nearly bone stock except for it not having a muffler. That is my daily driver. Then i have my TRACK car. My track car does not have a cat, and it is just slightly under the legal decible limit for california. If my car had a cat it would pass smog no problem, but wouldnt pass the visual inspection. I enjoy driving my 240 around because its just a fun car. I dont need to speed in it to have fun. I save my "spirited" driving for the track, where it belongs. I dont see how driving my car on the street can be illegal. I could see how i might be able to get a smog ref ticket, but why would i get pulled over? My car is ugly so it attracts attention, but if you dont know whats done to my car, you would never suspect its modified by the way i drive it. I drive 240 a lot more passive than i drive my civic. I still get pulled over. Why me? Most cars these days have over 160ish whp, and thats enough to break every law imagineable if the drivers an idiot. I am not an idiot driver. I just enjoy driving the car that i have put a lot of money into. There is no difference between profiling a car or a person. Its the same, everyone has potential, but its up to that person to make the decision to go the extra mile and use that potential. the only people who do stupid things in cars, are the people with low i.q.'s (at least from my experience). Maybe people should carry i.q. test cards in their wallets to show the officers that theyre not idiots. Or how about performance driving classes counting as a higher education of the physics of driving. California just wants to make extra money off of giving stupid tickets while satisfying those tax-payers who have been traumatized in one way or another by reckless driving. I CALL BS ON CA!! why should they really care about my car? There are more gross polluters and reckless drivers in the world than me car, why profile me? Profile illegal aliens who are driving gross polluters without their seatbelts on and without having their drivers license. arrrg, if you flame on me, ill smite thee,!!!! araejlfd;ldfj;slfd Im pretty frustrated

Quick Reply: New Law!?!?!