Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix F-Bodies FTW! *Week 4 6-12-06*

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:24 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about your car man....suck how in todays society you can never really have anything...because some people will do everything to **** it up!...its a damn shame!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smartass6885
Still got it. Pretty sure it is going to stay in there. I got the pass. side head pulled off and when i pull the lifters out i can see the lobes and stuff and everything "looks" Ok. still not sure if i am goin to just throw some new heads on there and hope the #6 piston doesnt fall apart, or pull the motor and have it built. If pull the motor i will go with a bigger cam. Somthing like the AZPS03 probably. not sure what to do yet.

But if u get an F13 cam get a brand new one. Soem of the ones in the past had an imperfection in the cores that made them fall apart. But the problem has been fixed and the cam makes excellent power. Mine made 396rwhp with stock pulley and stock TB. Would probably make 405 or so with the pulley and TB.

-Blaze
I think your cam should not go back in that motor...And you should not let that piston stay in there either...You went way lean and it was starting to melt, I don't think it will last long...

And please don't pay 3,000$ to have an AZPS03 installed...It's nothing more than a copycat G5X3...They can hum you all they want on how it makes more power or whatever...But all that is just hummage...And I don't like to be hummed...
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 85Silverado454
sorry to hear about your car man....suck how in todays society you can never really have anything...because some people will do everything to **** it up!...its a damn shame!
you can't have anything nice anymore, and if you do then you are afraid to drive it anywhere. it makes me sick
Old 06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
7 Second Club

Received 310 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by WsSickLs6
And please don't pay 3,000$ to have an AZPS03 installed...It's nothing more than a copycat G5X3...They can hum you all they want on how it makes more power or whatever...But all that is just hummage...And I don't like to be hummed...
I know the specs on both, and there is not a single spec that is the same. Stick to what you know and stop spreading bullshit. And why would you say $3000 for that cam installed? That is rediculous and I know it is not that much for the cam and the install.

Blaze, either way that cam is made for a max effort setup, you will need the good big heads, big intake, and big exhaust for it to perform. That cam with all the rest of the goodies made 485 rwhp on a stock bottom end through a 12 bolt in a local f-body. I would not leave that piston in there or those heads either. And find out what caused it to run that lean, bad injector?

Last edited by NicD; 06-18-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:01 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Yeah my trucks driverside door was kicked...it either happened at the senior party or while i was at school...i didnt notice it until the next day though so i couldnt file a police report. Its about a 800 dollar fix...but i got a huge portion of it out. 800 bucks could go for a motor first...IMO thats FTW!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NicD
I know the specs on both, and there is not a single spec that is the same. Stick to what you know and stop spreading bullshit. And why would you say $3000 for that cam installed? That is rediculous and I know it is not that much for the cam and the install.

Blaze, either way that cam is made for a max effort setup, you will need the good big heads, big intake, and big exhaust for it to perform. That cam with all the rest of the goodies made 485 rwhp on a stock bottom end through a 12 bolt in a local f-body. I would not leave that piston in there or those heads either. And find out what caused it to run that lean, bad injector?
So, when I emailed them and asked about it, why did they tell me the cam specs were the same as the G5X series of cams??? And why was I quoted $3,300 for a head and cam install???

Wait, better yet, drop it...Don't know, don't care either...I'm not a liar, and neither are you, just leave it at this...Must have been some misunderstanding...

PS, why do you know the specs of a cam that is top secret???
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Banned

It isn't that secret. Not like people can't pull the cam out and go throw it on a Cam Doc.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

but still, it's like buying a pair of pants without a size on them...It's only fair to know what i'm buying...And who has time/money for a cam doc??? Why not just advertise and be done with the bullshit...

But whatever, the results speak for themselves...Could probably sell a few more if people knew exactly what they were getting though...
Old 06-18-2006, 10:43 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Who would have thunk it....hostility over a cam!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

Hostility??? NO

I don't care in the least...Just hate seeing people bitch over something that they don't have any clue about...Like in cam vs. cam threads, if we all knew the specs, idiots would then be able to make their choices...

But what do I know, my car is slow...I'm no longer entitled to an opinion...
Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM
SPAM HUNTER

oh yeah those GTO's...**** slow lol...i think my 6-Pack could take you...ITS ALL IN THE LAUNCH....FTW!!!...so you sold your t/a?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

i just now saw the thread that guy made mocking us... whats his name??? something like manjuice or something?

anyways, that guy tries way to hard to insult people, and hes not even funny at that... in result, i guess he just sucks at life
Old 06-18-2006, 11:01 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Well there are those people who just trash talk...you dont know them...have never seen them...BUT OH MAN do they know you!!!...so they **** talk...i say...punch the pansy in the mouth...tell him he has a pretty mouth...lol!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:01 PM
7 Second Club

So, when I emailed them and asked about it, why did they tell me the cam specs were the same as the G5X series of cams??? And why was I quoted $3,300 for a head and cam install???

Wait, better yet, drop it...Don't know, don't care either...I'm not a liar, and neither are you, just leave it at this...Must have been some misunderstanding...

PS, why do you know the specs of a cam that is top secret???
What does a quote for $3300 for a head and cam install have to do with what you said earlier? You said $3000 for an azps03 install, more than just a little different. I would love to see the email where they told you the cam specs were exactly the same as the G5X line of cams seeing as how that would be very stupid, unbelievable, and incorrect. And don't tell me what to drop either, a big peeve of mine is blatant bullshit and I call it when I see it.

I know the specs because I tune a lot of them and have seen the "cam cards".

As far as being hostile, yea right. Hostile on the internet.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NicD
What does a quote for $3300 for a head and cam install have to do with what you said earlier? You said $3000 for an azps03 install, more than just a little different. I would love to see the email where they told you the cam specs were exactly the same as the G5X line of cams seeing as how that would be very stupid, unbelievable, and incorrect. And don't tell me what to drop either, a big peeve of mine is blatant bullshit and I call it when I see it.

I know the specs because I tune a lot of them and have seen the "cam cards".

As far as being hostile, yea right. Hostile on the internet.
Shut up...I do not care
Old 06-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
i just now saw the thread that guy made mocking us... whats his name??? something like manjuice or something?

anyways, that guy tries way to hard to insult people, and hes not even funny at that... in result, i guess he just sucks at life
I like how dakota totally changed the subject and the thread was done...Just ignore them, they need attention, and when it doesn't come to them they'll leave...
Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Now dont change the subject...i am so going to beat you in my Silver Bullet...lol...j/m!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

lol ya dakota went in there thinking it was the new thread for the week, totally disregarded the whole point of the thread, and proceeded to ask where ruben got his td's lmao
Old 06-18-2006, 11:13 PM
7 Second Club

Shut up...I do not care
Haha, didn't think so. Not used to being called on your bullshit ehh? That a kid.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 85Silverado454
Now dont change the subject...i am so going to beat you in my Silver Bullet...lol...j/m!
Why on earth did you get the 4.3 in a 1/2 ton truck??? We'll race in july though, may want to have truck chris tow you or something, maybe you'll keep up...

If i win, you have to do something special...

Quick Reply: Phoenix F-Bodies FTW! *Week 4 6-12-06*