Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Brotherhood raceway Park Terminal Island CA.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They never did reopen did they...
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to take a wild guess and say no

Although lacr has closed , willow springs has been hosting a drag night during the summer , 1000ft track , zero prep , but hey better then nothing right
Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Launching!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=termin...sland&t=h&z=16

I think this is where the track used to be. There's probably just not enough financial backing (advertising) in drag racing :-(

Looks like you could do some runs here... http://maps.google.com/maps?q=termin...sland&t=h&z=16
If you look closer at it you can see some sort of motor sports events have been run on it...maybe drift competition or road racing.

Last edited by Bigdeezs; 01-11-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: old track location fixed
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

The starting line was by Ferry street as mentioned above, and ran west to east. Here's a shot of me in my '68 GTX back around '80-'81.
http://bit.ly/AEB3aa
Old 01-11-2012, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

I cant even really see on the map of where the track was. Maybe Paved over now for shipping containers.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bigdeezs
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=termin...sland&t=h&z=16

I think this is where the track used to be. There's probably just not enough financial backing (advertising) in drag racing :-(

Looks like you could do some runs here... http://maps.google.com/maps?q=termin...sland&t=h&z=16
If you look closer at it you can see some sort of motor sports events have been run on it...maybe drift competition or road racing.
I work in the Seaport araa every day and have not seen or heard anything about it coming back. With the Security of the Seaports under Department of Homeland, i do not see this happening.

the lower link is a area that is used for movies and commercials..
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG talk about resurrecting a dead post.
I remember racing there a bit in the mid 90's. Somewhere in the middle of the track it had a slight dip which would bottom out your suspension if you're were really fast.
And no the track never reopened!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nordy racer
I work in the Seaport araa every day and have not seen or heard anything about it coming back. With the Security of the Seaports under Department of Homeland, i do not see this happening.

the lower link is a area that is used for movies and commercials..
You have not looked hard enough.
Some people are not giving up even if it looks hopeless. Get involve, make a difference.

Pic with Councilmember of City of Los Angeles of the 15th District, Joe Buscaino and the Bike & Harbor Div.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

ill be workin in pedro for the next 14 weeks goin over the bridge everyday...sure wish i could stop off and make a few runs lol---get invovled how im all ears? ive heard rumors since 02 it was gonna reopen and still hasnt happened....
Old 04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

by get involved i assume he mean get a bunch of money and start lobbying the cali government... i don't know if you have noticed or not but its is 100% and i mean 100% about the money... nothing else. How do you think the pulp company's got the grocery stores here in the LA to stop giving out plastic bags when you buy grocery's. Money buys Lobbyist, Lobbyist get laws passed. By the way the plastic grocery bags were/are made from recycled material and are biodegradable)... now you have to buy paper bags for 10cents. MONEY
Im done ranting.
i do wish the terminal island track was open though, i would be there daily. I live right down the street
Old 04-13-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any ideas on how we can start something here. I'm all for it. I know certain people have been trying for years to reopen this track...and nothing.

How about posting a petition on Change.org? Just an idea i'm throwing out.

Quick Reply: Brotherhood raceway Park Terminal Island CA.