Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Help Bucking CA Smog (Includes You AZ)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I am pretty sure thats it, they dont even look at the car.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So i could use the arizona address as a residential but also list my cali address to get mail at, so they will send my plates and registration info to cali? And i would have to drive out there to the dmv for vin # check. Thats great, now i need to find an address since the po box address will not work. Thanks guys
Old 12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Will the DMV ask for proof that you live there like a telephone bill or something because if not I'll just grab an address from a nearby home and put my cali address down for the mailing address. Does anybody know?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

damn 2 monther back from the deader

...for everyone's information....

Pretty sure it has to do with only the Mohave county... you find a friend/relative, etc. that lives in the this county and have yourself and/or (your hookup) as drivers for registration through the DMV so you can use their address. (make sure you use or) or else they will have to sign for everything that involves any documentation in the future. there's no proof that's needed to show that you are currently living in arizona or that city or whatever. this county just checks the vin # and your door tab for inspection and that's it (called a Level 1 inspection) they really could give a **** less if your were registering it with open long tubes & a monster cam (I practically did )

....YOUR INSURANCE WILL HAVE TO BE THROUGH AN ARIZONA COMPANY THOUGH....

so you will need to change that...

**far as registration documents they are automatically sent to the arizona address no matter what along with the insurance papers for at least the first time. then after that you can change the billing address

**one thing I don't know is if you can use a P.O. Box maybe someone down there can chime in

**what i do know is that you don't have to ever smog again as long as your hookup lives in this county. when your driving in CA all you have to do is oblidge by is AZ rules (which is basically nothing - window tint, and decibal #'s is all I have to worry about) cops can't do **** for anything except moving violations. plus they're not going to take the time to look up the AZ codes and regulations

hope this helps and if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask
Old 12-25-2006, 03:22 AM
TECH Addict

just an update... you cannot change the billing address of your insurance once it's registered. for example: using and AZ addy upon registration and insurance.... cannot change the insurance billing address after the intial documents are sent out or else THEY WILL track you down and tell you to register in the state that you are living in and changed the address to

... it didn't happen to me, but another person doing the same
Old 12-25-2006, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so this might sound stupid but if your car is registered in say washington and you live in california, and your insurance is in washington and you get into an accident in cali and need to use your insurance will you be covered? for some reason I feel REALLY stupid for asking this...im such a newbie...!
Old 12-25-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Ok so this might sound stupid but if your car is registered in say washington and you live in california, and your insurance is in washington and you get into an accident in cali and need to use your insurance will you be covered? for some reason I feel REALLY stupid for asking this...im such a newbie...!
common sense man.... you honestly think your insurance isn't going to cover your *** when you travel outside of the state?
Old 12-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

Bucking??? What is that??

Horses??? No.

Noodles??? YES

Quick Reply: Help Bucking CA Smog (Includes You AZ)