Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Front Plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front Plate

How many of you have front plates mounted up?

I don't have one on my '02 Firebird. I hadn't had any problems until last week when I left my car parked at LAX while I was out of town. I got back from my flight, and there was a parking violation for not having a front plate. I was surprised that this was a parking violation, I had always considered such things as moving violations. It's only a $25 fine, and I'll just pay it. I'm thinking of putting the plate on to avoid any nuisances in the future. The thing is that the Firebird is such a sharp looking car without the plate, and I don't want to turn it into a dorkmobile by putting the plate on.

How many of you guys have front plates mounted? How do you think it looks? Should I just keep paying fines, or give into the man?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive gotte a parking ticket for it, twice. That is all.

But how can they expect to write one if the cars never came with one. Its unfair damnit! with that mentality I should be able to mod my car "legally" since Id have to modify it to get a plate to mount on the front bumper.

Blame Canada..
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have one on my car... It looks dumb with it on I think.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I Dont Have A Front Plater Either, It Would Look Plain Ugly If It Did...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Yea i dont have one either...ide just pay the fine, or just rip the paper up and tell them to **** off...i think that is bullshit that its a parking violation, the only time ive heard of people getting tickets for that is by cops on the road.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Teching In

i don't have front or back.never had a problem.moving violation is when your moving.

Originally Posted by Formulated
How many of you have front plates mounted up?

I don't have one on my '02 Firebird. I hadn't had any problems until last week when I left my car parked at LAX while I was out of town. I got back from my flight, and there was a parking violation for not having a front plate. I was surprised that this was a parking violation, I had always considered such things as moving violations. It's only a $25 fine, and I'll just pay it. I'm thinking of putting the plate on to avoid any nuisances in the future. The thing is that the Firebird is such a sharp looking car without the plate, and I don't want to turn it into a dorkmobile by putting the plate on.

How many of you guys have front plates mounted? How do you think it looks? Should I just keep paying fines, or give into the man?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

well the birds do have license plate holders just remove the two screws under the cover with the bird . .. i drive with the cover on normaly but like race nights. .or if i think theres ganan be a lot of cops. . i roll with the cover off. . it takes 5 mins to take it off and put it on ..
Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I took mine off when I put on my SLP grill about 8 months ago, no tickets yet but I do have out of state plates so I'm guessing that's why I haven't been messed with.

I did buy an SLP front plate bracket off eBay for $10 just in case the time ever comes where I get a ticket for it, I hope I never have to mount that ugly bastard.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Teching In

No plate since '01
Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

i have no front plates but also have 6 fu##ing fix it tickets...
Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 AM
TECH Regular

I got a parking ticket for it, it was 35 dollars and I just paid it to get it over with, a camaro with a front plate looks UGLY
Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

What front plate
Old 04-23-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually put mine on when I plan on drinking heavily and driving home. That way the cops need a better reason to pull me over.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a law at LAX that if you don't have a front plate then you are guaranteed a ticket. I don't have a front plate either but my f body is not my daily driver. But just a heads up to you guys, make sure you have your front plate when you go to the airport.

Mike
Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flash12t
well the birds do have license plate holders just remove the two screws under the cover with the bird . .. i drive with the cover on normaly but like race nights. .or if i think theres ganan be a lot of cops. . i roll with the cover off. . it takes 5 mins to take it off and put it on ..
+1

Yea,....mine's still under the cover.... It takes less than a minute to take that sucker off!.... I only took it off once and it was when I had to pick up a relative at LAXabout a year ago. ........sorry!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Guz
There is a law at LAX that if you don't have a front plate then you are guaranteed a ticket. I don't have a front plate either but my f body is not my daily driver. But just a heads up to you guys, make sure you have your front plate when you go to the airport.

Mike
That's good info. I need to park down there again in May. I'll either throw the front plate on for that trip, or I'll drive my Honda Prelude.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Launching!

LAX is good for getting pretty-much ANY possible ticket. I almost got a ticket for my reg sticker being sideways. They're VERY TOUCHY at LAX and pretty-much any major airport around the country, nowadays.

As for the front plate, those bastages have tried to nail me a couple of times on various different F-bodies and I found that nothing infuriates "the man" more than having your front plate *clearly* displayed in the window. They love to give me the, "you don't have a front plate," and I say, "yes I do and it's clearly displayed," as I point to it in the window.

After that, they grimace and look for something else, like; tint, ride height or something "special", like exhaust note.

Man, I love profiling.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Teching In

I got a no front plate fix it.. couple months ago here in Long beach Cali, Cops suck here .. I put the license plate frame over the slits in the front grill..... I ran two 6" bolts to back of grill which was drilled in to wood in the back.. got my ticket sigh'd and ripped that sucker righ back off
Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So how bout that?!!!.... Day I see this post someone almost gives me a ticket for not having a front plate.

One of my co workers got hurt last night so we went to the hospital.... parked on the street and needed to go back outside to use my cell. As soon as I get outside,....those parking enforcement ******* show up,.....starts walking over to my car and I KNOW what he's go'n after. No front plate!!!.... I bolt up there like herpies on a prostitute and stop him before the ink could touch the pad. I just thought it was funny that it happens the same day I post in this thread.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Camaros had a front plate attachment kit in a plastic bag located in the rear hatch (trunk?) area when sold new. Mine is still in the plastic bag. Fortunately it's not a requirement to have a front plate here in AZ, although you get 2 plates when you register the car.

The code for not having a front license plate in Cali is CVC5200. I know this as I'm a Cali native and received more than my fair share of these; so many that the code is engraved on my mind

Quick Reply: Front Plate