Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

cam question for CA emissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
418 motor huuuge cam full bolt ons gutted full slicks and skinnies gears and a 'turbo' and only going 7.60s...... that is pathetic, i can talk all the **** i want, not my fault their cars are under performing. My car is going as fast as soo many other cars, HC cars rear mount cars ect ect, its ******* lid muffler gear. So apparently stock kicks ***
i gotta a quick question for you....if 7.60 is pathetic what ARE you running? that is not a bad time to me no matter what he has
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

PS ryne, expeditious says to shut up....
Old 07-24-2007, 11:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my offer still stands
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over/under...maybe I'm dumb, but they run what they run.

If all variables were contained six sigma-wise, every car would breakdown at the same time from the same problem. My opinion...
Old 07-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Launching!

My car is going as fast as soo many other cars, HC cars rear mount cars ect ect, its ******* lid muffler gear. So apparently stock kicks ***
Do you really want to open that one up? Just seems like every other post i see from you, you are either bashing someone else's times/car or claming outrageous kills. C'mon ls2 c6's will ******* own your almost stock z28. its called physic's.

Ill give you that your 60's are good on pos tires, but so ******* what your still not fast. The way you sit here and run your mouth one would think you got a 10 sec daily or something. Since your car is running better than h/c cars ill let you line up with me. Ill even run you from a dig. **** ill even wait for your 'parts' to come in. Et's, your stall what ever. point is you dont make **** for power so quit acting like you can own everything on the road.

Who is to say theres not a small cam or a 2800ish stall in the car? maybe ratio rocker arms. Not trying to say you dont know whats in your car, but if i remember correctly you did buy it used from someone who at one point had it modded... 4k stall, n2o, etc.

The moral of my rant is this... read what you post before you post it. Its obvious im not the only one who noticed everything I previously stated.

How about this come out to fontana aug 11th. ill be there, i always end up seeing flash there, **** maybe even ryne will bring out the suv. Then will see how many cars you bash.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

Alright 1 say what you will but I have taken every LS2 C6 I have ran into other than an atomic orange one which I have stated before. 2 60's are good for good tires even lol 3 I didn't say all H/C cars, I said some, reading comprehension, its not that hard 4 I never said my car is super great, its running how it is suppose to be, just stated that a few cars on here are under performing whats so bad about that? your bashing my car right now lol 5 Its the stock stall in it it isn't cammed, my friend still has the rockers and springs and all that he was going to put it in the car when he was going to H/C it. He lost his license for a year for street racing, the car sat and did nothing during that time and he returned it to stock (except muffler lid and gears) 6 fontucky sucks for the street legal drags or whatever, only time I will go to fontucky is PSCA which they are having Aug 3-4-5. (better track prep and not nearly as much waiting in line) 7 if it bugs you that I bag on cars that are under performing don't read my post, there are much worst people than me on here.

Right now I am running 8.0, nothing special at all I'm aware of that, but yes there is a point of where if you have all that done you should be running faster than that. But I haven't seen a really good STS kit that performs at a track.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

I agree with you bry, the cars are going to run what they run but there are a few you see and the amount of work that is done you would think they would be running faster. Yes all variables were the same every car would be the same and every one would break at the same time ect. ...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

I'll race you ryne, from what you say it should be a close race, if I lose I lose, If I win I win, won't really prove anything though ...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Alright 1 say what you will but I have taken every LS2 C6 I have ran into other than an atomic orange one which I have stated before. 2 60's are good for good tires even lol 3 I didn't say all H/C cars, I said some, reading comprehension, its not that hard 4 I never said my car is super great, its running how it is suppose to be, just stated that a few cars on here are under performing whats so bad about that? your bashing my car right now lol 5 Its the stock stall in it it isn't cammed, my friend still has the rockers and springs and all that he was going to put it in the car when he was going to H/C it. He lost his license for a year for street racing, the car sat and did nothing during that time and he returned it to stock (except muffler lid and gears) 6 fontucky sucks for the street legal drags or whatever, only time I will go to fontucky is PSCA which they are having Aug 3-4-5. (better track prep and not nearly as much waiting in line) 7 if it bugs you that I bag on cars that are under performing don't read my post, there are much worst people than me on here.

Right now I am running 8.0, nothing special at all I'm aware of that, but yes there is a point of where if you have all that done you should be running faster than that. But I haven't seen a really good STS kit that performs at a track.

1 good job killing a car thats a couple hundred pounds lighter than your car, and makes 20-40 more rwhp...

2 yes i said you cut good 60's on shitty tires. Good but not amazing.

My car is going as fast as soo many other cars, HC cars rear mount cars ect ect
that is a general statement, that seems to apply to my h/c car aswell. Like i said we can line up and see how you do against a heads/tiny cam car.

4 No one said your car isnt running right, you just dont need to rag on everyone else's cars because they dont meet up to your expectations.

5 im just really curious if you have pulled a valve cover or the inspection hole on the valve cover to verify these things. I know i sure as hell would before i went on here comparing other peoples cars to a stock car.

6 Im glad you think fontucky street legal days suck, but it seemed to be good enough for 1.6 60's for my old setup last december.

7 Im just tired of seeing posts coming from what seems to be a cocky kid with way to much confidence in what he's got.

What are your 1/4 times? 1/8 is fun and might hold me over till the next time out on a full sized track.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'll race you ryne, from what you say it should be a close race, if I lose I lose, If I win I win, won't really prove anything though ...
well i could go on and on with you, but i do own a shop now i dont want to look unprofessional........ we will run sometime, either in my jeep, or my so under performing gto
Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 AM
11 Second Club

418 motor huuuge cam full bolt ons gutted full slicks and skinnies gears and a 'turbo' and only going 7.60s...... that is pathetic, i can talk all the **** i want, not my fault their cars are under performing. My car is going as fast as soo many other cars, HC cars rear mount cars ect ect, its ******* lid muffler gear. So apparently stock kicks ***

*OUCH* WTF would you be calling me out for? First off your taking WAYYY to many pot shots at me. I dont come on this board as much as I use to. I'm always on the GTO boards, but I stop by every once in awhile, its home away from home in a sense, and heres where it all started.

So let me clear some things up for you.

1: Heres a link, go watch it:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...270034c6d9.htm

That would be 11.5 on motor, go to the GTO fastest times, notice who's in the #1. Spot all motor 6 speed.

2: The cam was from Ryne, it was a custom grind, and it went a best of 7.45 at Irwindale, and you can go watch all of my videos on streetfire and find the one that correlates with that time.

3: Its not a 416/418 Its a 454 LSX Motor, along with an STS system now. If you wanna run me, since you have this super fast car, let me know. Otherwise STFU man. Dont call me out and talk ****, this bugs the **** out of me, I've always been cool with everyone including you at Irwindale, yet you'll come here and try to talk ****, NOT COOL. When you get a car that runs for half a **** let me know, otherwise keep your **** comments to yourself.

4: I ran a 7.2 at Irwindale In my Blue TA, STOCK UNOPENED MOTOR, Geared, stalled, dry shot. 1.4X 60FT, when you beat that let me know, more importantly try to beat out my trader rating, you might have better luck doing that.

5: Turbo cars arent going to run great in the 1/8th mile. Especially since I have a 6 speed. My car doesnt build boost off the line, but thats changed now since I have a two step. I'm glad that your stalking me, and watching all of my track times etc. You might wanna catch up though because your a little behind on the times. Actually I should just give you a video camera that way you can record my runs, because apparently they are ever so important to you.

This is what gives ls1tech a bad name. This boards about helping people in a positive way, when someone has to be stupid, and maybe jealous? Not sure, what your deal is with me, but I"m just gonna let it go with this post.

Back to the original post, yes I passed 49/49 HC test at a SMOG REFEREE station in Fullerton. It was a 224/230 Cam, non tuned. This was an LS2 motor, so if you want an LS1 to pass I would assume you'd have to go smaller, maybe a 224/228... I think Ryne would have the best answer to this.

Oh, P.S. I've noticed that everyone that goes to strictly's shop has a tendency to be-little everyone on here. If I were Rob I would tell my customers to not give my shop a bad name, from all the trash talking. Makes his shop look bad, especially since its in your sig. Also your cars not fast, so it doesnt reflect good on his shop. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that your calling out everyone elses car's because we take ours to others shops. I.E. Mine goes to Haddad's, Ryne has CMS, so you'll come here to pick fights... again definately not cool, and your making Rob's shop look bad as well.

Last edited by Flash99; 07-25-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow...that pretty sums up,...... well EVERYTHING! lol good post flash!
I guess he "Almost" had his facts straight!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also remember CHADDALACK running 8.0's in his stock ls1......it also had gears.....on street kumhos.....@ irwindale too!
it's what's expected from an A/T

Last edited by travie319; 07-25-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SOM 02
my motor and trans is out of the car. gonna start switching stuff over to the new motor this weekend
oh thats cool. It looks like you're getting closer
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by travie319
wow...that pretty sums up,...... well EVERYTHING! lol good post flash!
I guess he "Almost" had his facts straight!
Looks like everything was put out there
Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flash99
*OUCH* WTF would you be calling me out for? First off your taking WAYYY to many pot shots at me. I dont come on this board as much as I use to. I'm always on the GTO boards, but I stop by every once in awhile, its home away from home in a sense, and heres where it all started.

So let me clear some things up for you.

1: Heres a link, go watch it:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...270034c6d9.htm

That would be 11.5 on motor, go to the GTO fastest times, notice who's in the #1. Spot all motor 6 speed.

2: The cam was from Ryne, it was a custom grind, and it went a best of 7.45 at Irwindale, and you can go watch all of my videos on streetfire and find the one that correlates with that time.

3: Its not a 416/418 Its a 454 LSX Motor, along with an STS system now. If you wanna run me, since you have this super fast car, let me know. Otherwise STFU man. Dont call me out and talk ****, this bugs the **** out of me, I've always been cool with everyone including you at Irwindale, yet you'll come here and try to talk ****, NOT COOL. When you get a car that runs for half a **** let me know, otherwise keep your **** comments to yourself.

4: I ran a 7.2 at Irwindale In my Blue TA, STOCK UNOPENED MOTOR, Geared, stalled, dry shot. 1.4X 60FT, when you beat that let me know, more importantly try to beat out my trader rating, you might have better luck doing that.

5: Turbo cars arent going to run great in the 1/8th mile. Especially since I have a 6 speed. My car doesnt build boost off the line, but thats changed now since I have a two step. I'm glad that your stalking me, and watching all of my track times etc. You might wanna catch up though because your a little behind on the times. Actually I should just give you a video camera that way you can record my runs, because apparently they are ever so important to you.

This is what gives ls1tech a bad name. This boards about helping people in a positive way, when someone has to be stupid, and maybe jealous? Not sure, what your deal is with me, but I"m just gonna let it go with this post.

Back to the original post, yes I passed 49/49 HC test at a SMOG REFEREE station in Fullerton. It was a 224/230 Cam, non tuned. This was an LS2 motor, so if you want an LS1 to pass I would assume you'd have to go smaller, maybe a 224/228... I think Ryne would have the best answer to this.

Oh, P.S. I've noticed that everyone that goes to strictly's shop has a tendency to be-little everyone on here. If I were Rob I would tell my customers to not give my shop a bad name, from all the trash talking. Makes his shop look bad, especially since its in your sig. Also your cars not fast, so it doesnt reflect good on his shop. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that your calling out everyone elses car's because we take ours to others shops. I.E. Mine goes to Haddad's, Ryne has CMS, so you'll come here to pick fights... again definately not cool, and your making Rob's shop look bad as well.
here is the general rule of thumb on cam that pass. 224-224 or 224 228 on a 114 will almost always pass with a tune, might not though with out a tune. i have seen some 228's on a 112lsa pass as well, but majority of the time it they do not. you really need to look at overlap not duration number when seeing if a car will pass smog, i would say up to 1 degree of overlap you should pass with a good tune, above that it get risky. i would say yes it may pass (dont quote me) it would need a spot on tune, and fresh cats wouldnt hurt either.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Launching!

4: I ran a 7.2 at Irwindale In my Blue TA, STOCK UNOPENED MOTOR, Geared, stalled, dry shot. 1.4X 60FT, when you beat that let me know, more importantly try to beat out my trader rating, you might have better luck doing that.(
I believe that was the night i met you out there. Personally witnessed it.

And pretty much agree with everything else you have stated.

So there you go there are atleast 3 cars that have made the offer to run...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SnakesRslow
I believe that was the night i met you out there. Personally witnessed it.

And pretty much agree with everything else you have stated.

So there you go there are atleast 3 cars that have made the offer to run...

Oh thats right, yeah you had your hoosiers on.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn....school is in session
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, P.S. I've noticed that everyone that goes to strictly's shop has a tendency to be-little everyone on here. [/snip]
....and your making Rob's shop look bad as well.
Not everyone that goes to Rob comes on here to belittle people. I have used his shop exclusively (save for the Toy Shop) for work performed on my car. I'm sure I've said some questionable things to people from time to time. Who hasn't? But there are always people from all shops that will talk a little smack from time to time. Part of the competition mindset one could say. Unfortunately some people let it get out of hand.

Quick Reply: cam question for CA emissions