Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

CA residents please help! i think i got harrased!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ no he doesnt need to look for a wing or anything that hints modifications. He can pop your hood even if he thinks your driving with an intention to race. My friend works at the CHP office so as bad as it sounds thats how it is =\

My car is custom painted full kit, 20"x11.5" rims every panel has been redone excluding the doors and roof with carbon fiber fading in and out using transparant paint.. its going into the shop for a twin turbo set up in december (waiting for parts to come) and after that I dont think i'll be able to drive it daily as I do now
Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have driven around here with open headers & the cop didn't even blink..lol
Old 08-30-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unless things have changed, they can take your **** even if you have the nitrous lines ran. i lived there from 2000-2005. a CHP guy came to the base and gave us a class on the car deal. Nitrous is illegal in Cali.

so even if you have the components hooked up, even with out the bottle, they can legally, impound your ****. so honestly, i'd look for "keliente's" nitrous hook up she had. she hid it rather well.

and as far as the plate deal goes, i wouldn't even put it in the windshield. if you live in an area where there's a lot of military, you can get away with just the back plate. i rode that way for about 3 years. until i got my car registered in another state.

they can say that the plate in the windshield is a hazard, cause it's not bolted down. if you get into a crash, that thing could "kill" you. that's what the MP told me as he harrased me for it coming through the gate.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Launching!

before u get ahead of urself or make things bigger than they have to be what are your mods? if it's just a nitrous bottle take the ****** out , go to the ref and get it over with. if u have other **** done to it then ur fucked lol
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Launching!

I'm pretty sure that even if you take the bottle out,but leave the lines in sight, your not gonna pass. I have a cutout with no cover....similar circumstances...if I get pulled over and they notice it, closed or opened, i'll be screwed. It sucks bu unfortuantly they got you. Good luck and let us know