Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Get a TICKET?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont the officers write little "sticky notes" about you on "their" copy of their ticket? Dont need to remember you off the top of their head that way they can say everything about the incident even a year later in court?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting back on-topic here, that's an interesting possibility, I'll have to see if it's something that's allowed here.

Grimlock, I've heard that officers notate info about the stop on the reverse sides of the tickets, but I suspect that that's why the OP made a point of stressing that you just take the ticket, say as little as humanly possible. Don't give them anything to write down, & no reason to remember you.

Good advice, I'd say...
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Thats right when I'm in the court, every single officer had a paper that they read all the details from about the sitation.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got a 112 in a 45, along with wreckless driving , wreckless endangerment , and failure to yield...

but i got the hook-up and got it reduced to wreckless driving only w/o a lawyer
Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
well, i just got a ticket for an 81 in a 35...
ttt..
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs down Exhibition of Speed

Well, a monster truck blinded me with his headlights and I flipped the rear view up(why I did not see the cop). Then a BMW 325 blew past me so at the next light I let him have it. I got off the line a car back, SOM does not launch like BB and I have not got good at launching her yet. But I caught up in no time and as I rounded the corner on PCH the blue and reds lit up fast.

Luckily I don't think he expected it as he was right behind me and did not clock a speed. So I got and exhibition of Speed violation and a date with traffic school in my future.

Cheers

Oh and the Bimmer got away clean ... ******
Old 11-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Teching In

I got pulled over last week and was cited for "speeding" It was my first time being pulled over and the cop took my license and registration. Came back, gave it to me, and said I will get a citation in the mail.

My friend asks me what speed he put on the ticket and I realize that he never gave me anything. He never gave me any kind of paper, or anything to sign.

So did I get a ticket or not? He says I will get a citation in the mail, yet he never gave me any kind of paper nor did he ask me to sign anything.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you got a citation, like a warning, not a ticket i believe maybe?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Teching In

What is coming in the mail then?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Well a little update:

I got my car out of the lot it was $270, but i had to have a hearing with the sergeant with my parents and he said "what if you had ran over a kid or hurrt someone real bad?, I have family that lives near there. Why did you do that?" me: "Im sorry officer i understand i could of hurt someone it was a wrong decision and i know that having a license a privelage. It wont happen again."

and i got my car back.! now i just gotta come up with a plan for court! i went to those links but those are for speeding tickets will that work for exhibition of speed.?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

So I have a question. I have a ticket for 45 in a 35. I just had my estimate done after being hit... $2600 so i was pissed and 24 minutes later (the estimate had the time on it) i get pulled over.

how do i check know if the officer had me on radar? (EDIT: it says Speed (radar 50)
how do i come up with a story so im Innocent?

Because i was going faster than the rest of traffic but i was on a four lane just coming out of a fairly good corner coming up on a stop sign... Any help cause I can't have this stick.

on my ticket it doesnt have anything filled in under Height and weight.
My vehicle description is (Blk Pont Trans Am) for example wuts to leave them from putting (red chev Z06) just thinkin

Last edited by chromeplated500; 11-26-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
So I have a question. I have a ticket for 45 in a 35. I just had my estimate done after being hit... $2600 so i was pissed and 24 minutes later (the estimate had the time on it) i get pulled over.

how do i check know if the officer had me on radar? (EDIT: it says Speed (radar 50)
how do i come up with a story so im Innocent?

Because i was going faster than the rest of traffic but i was on a four lane just coming out of a fairly good corner coming up on a stop sign... Any help cause I can't have this stick.

on my ticket it doesnt have anything filled in under Height and weight.
My vehicle description is (Blk Pont Trans Am) for example wuts to leave them from putting (red chev Z06) just thinkin

if he didnt get you on radar, he doesnt have evidence against you because he cant just say that he saw you going 45..... thats my guess.

a good story could be that you had got side tracked and that you didnt kno what actual speed you were going but then again you do kind of have a fast sports car.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

You are one smart ****. What sux is that I have a conceiled carry permit and I'm always packing so I know the cop will remember me since I have to show my permit if I get pulled over. On the other hand, I think half the population in AZ has a CCW.

I recently got a parking ticket by parking next to a fire hydrant. The Damn thing is $122 in Peoria. I wonder if this works on parking tickets. I'll give it a shot. It's not adding points to my driving record, but I just hate shelling out that much money for something so stupid.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

good info. Anyone tried this in virginia, probably wouldnt work cause their so strict around here.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

I just beat a BS ticket here in marin.. i pushed the court date back so many times the officer couldnt remember the incident and it was dismissed. This has worked for me several times over the last 10 years in many states like, here in CA, Texas, Illinois.. and other places.
Cool thing is out here you can actually spend a night in jail and it counts as your payment! So you dont have to shell out cash to the system they pay you basically.. so if your not working or anything and you live in marin or another place witha resort type jail ... you too can get your tickets paid for a few cush nights in jail

so just FYI always fight either way you might have to pay might as well take the risk of getting it dismissed. Also in texas you can use david sprecher he has gotten me off tickets well over 120mph in a 65!! So yeah... sometimes it isnt what you know its who you know. YOu can also get deferred adjudication and pay a nominal fee and negotiate the time its like a supervision.. so if you get a ticket in teh same area your kinda screwed but if you dont after the time its a wash its like the ticket never existed. Ive done this several times in Judge Yoman's (i know i spelled it wrong) Precinct 5 court house. as well as other places around.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

wow, im lucky. My uncle was a police seargent in the local city police and my cousin is a police officer now. Between them, they know just about every single officer in the state, or so it seems. All i do is tell them what happened, they call the officer and tell them not to go to court, then I show up and it gets dismissed. Saves me time and money. mostly money though.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by santiago
good info there...thanks
yup yup... 100% agree
Old 12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

good info....you don't know how to get out of minor in possesion, do you? lol
Old 12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Dont the officers write little "sticky notes" about you on "their" copy of their ticket? Dont need to remember you off the top of their head that way they can say everything about the incident even a year later in court?
This is something that I'm curious about to...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

ttt............

Quick Reply: Get a TICKET?!?!?!