Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got pulled over.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
You really think that after complaining about a cop harassing you that cop is going to keep harassing you?!?! What is wrong with you people...
lol, you can't be serious. listen man, your generalizing. the way that reads sounds like every complaint filed is honored and enforced and that in this guys case where theres some level (not high) of harassment involved that he should actually go as far as to file a complaint and that that will totally handle the situation... well neither you nor i know that, let alone anything about the city he lives in, the police officers involved, etc. please read previous responses before you say something incorrect. i'm not saying that if he does file a complaint they will or won't stop. i've seen it go both ways. i'm just giving him some good advice based on the information hes provided.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkc5vette
totally agree with cruiSSing ls1 and say **** all cops. They do alot of bullshit and get away with it. Most of them think they're the **** and act tough when all they are doing is hiding behind their ***** badge. Been involved in so many cases where I have been harrased by them for no reason. Its just the way it is man.
lol. like i said before, theres bad ones and theres good ones but i'd like to think that theres more good than bad. i've been harassed beyond belief, thrown in jail plenty of times, punched, etc. but then again i've met some fresh cops on the street and while doing time.

Try to avoid them.
some good advice.

Also give the watch commander a call and try to sound polite and respectable. Doing all this still wont really make a difference but maybe with enough complaints they will look into it.
this guys got the right notion.

Most cops are only cops to collect a better paycheck then what they were making as a security guard.
could have some truth.

Try to find out if your city has an Internal Affairs division and complain to them.
i don't know if it needs to go there
Old 11-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eappwr
lol, you can't be serious. listen man, your generalizing. the way that reads sounds like every complaint filed is honored and enforced and that in this guys case where theres some level (not high) of harassment involved that he should actually go as far as to file a complaint and that that will totally handle the situation... well neither you nor i know that, let alone anything about the city he lives in, the police officers involved, etc. please read previous responses before you say something incorrect. i'm not saying that if he does file a complaint they will or won't stop. i've seen it go both ways. i'm just giving him some good advice based on the information hes provided.

Coming from a family of law enforcement any complaint WILL go on file. Not saying he will be reprimanded or get a strike but it WILL go on file. This will make him less likely to follow through with his threats of harassment.

If he files a complaint about this incident AFTER the cop starts harsssing him for legitimate but minor things (tires to bald, complete stops, no turn signal lane change, etc...) he'll look like some lying kid...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

That is RIDICULOUS. He was HARASSED by people who obviously have no business wearing their badges. What is minor about an officer saying he is going to pull you over every chance he gets and taking a pic of your car?!?!?

People like you are the reason things are the way they are then... People who just accept being $hit on and don't want to "stir things up".
wow, so all of a sudden you know me. i'll ignore the insult and respond. i don't take "****" from anybody unless i have to. i stand my ground at all times. whether i'm on the street or in court. obviously you haven't ever dealt with many heavy duty situations.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

wow, so all of a sudden you know me. i'll ignore the insult and respond. i don't take "****" from anybody unless i have to. i stand my ground at all times. whether i'm on the street or in court. obviously you haven't ever dealt with many heavy duty situations.
When people who are sworn by oath and being paid to uphold the law are breaking it and you say to "let it go" and not "stir things up" what impression of you am I supposed to have? Honestly...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with 6LITEREATER, you gotta get this on record. The fact you were NOT ticketed helps you out tremendously, IMO. If you do it after you get a ticket, you look like you are seeking revenge.

It would be nice if that one local member who is a policeman would post and advise this guy what to do. That would show that not all cops are bad.

To feed all those who hate cops:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BSvD5SM_uI4 (simple)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=otuapLEde6I (hardcore)
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

On a side note, why aren't your post counts going up? It has said 24 since your first post and you have posted more now (I remember it saying 24 a few responses ago, not just looking at old posts, I know it get updated), weird...
Old 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

^^Just noticed mine didn't go up either...
Old 11-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Personally, him feeling like he should pull me over is one thing, but to go as far as Taking a digital picture of me and my car is quite insulting, AND scary, especially after straight up telling me he is going to pull me over EVERY time he sees me. They were all insulting, ganging up on me like they did was wrong, calling me things like "punk kid" "maniac" and "out of control" is just stereotyping my damn age, and I am 22! Not some rich 16 year old punk.

This is the second time now that a police officer in MY home town has harassed me. Thanks for all the insight guys, I am thinking about actually making a phone call, but I just do not know. I know I will look like a liar if I complain after he pulls me over for having a "light out" or not using a blinker for a turn...

What the hell would he take a picture of me and my car for, I am not damn drug runner, no "street racing champion", and definately no one that deserved that.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Just noticed mine didn't go up either...
They don't go up in regional forums.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

When people who are sworn by oath and being paid to uphold the law are breaking it and you say to "let it go" and not "stir things up" what impression of you am I supposed to have? Honestly...
you don't know me and i don't pretend to know what some people are thinking.

i am not talking about every instance a police officer takes an oath and breaks it. i'm responding to this guys question of what i personally think he should or shouldn't do in his situation. and i'm responding because i have some good advice that i think could help him.
Attached Thumbnails Got pulled over.....-01010601020701031120070628e7d2671d6a0c86a518009946.jpg  
Old 11-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

perhaps I should'nt have said **** all cops. I have met some cool ones, but the bad ones make all the hard working dedicated cops look bad
Old 11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Coming from a family of law enforcement any complaint WILL go on file. Not saying he will be reprimanded or get a strike but it WILL go on file.
it should. your absolutely right. but again, i've seen that sort of thing go both ways too.

If he files a complaint about this incident AFTER the cop starts harsssing him for legitimate but minor things (tires to bald, complete stops, no turn signal lane change, etc...) he'll look like some lying kid...
not necessarily true.

This will make him less likely to follow through with his threats of harassment.
depends on a lot of different things: the city/the officer(s), etc. just because 1 complaint is filed doesn't mean other problems won't arise/occur.

Last edited by eappwr; 11-18-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stalk them, and make their lifes hell for messing with you, thats what id' do. find out who their gfs/wife are and get a picture of them with another guy, even if it's fake, and mail it to their house... lol
Old 11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

perhaps I should'nt have said **** all cops. I have met some cool ones
yup. like i said, so have i.

the bad ones make all the hard working dedicated cops look bad
fuc$in a! they do.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dochall22
stalk them, and make their lifes hell for messing with you, thats what id' do. find out who their gfs/wife are and get a picture of them with another guy, even if it's fake, and mail it to their house... lol
lol, finally a response with some real sense! j/k.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my fav trick and i have done it many times to people who **** me off and it has worked, and came out a true success. Buy a bottle of expensive i mean EXPENSIVE shampoo or conditioner, replace 90% of the contents with NAIR, mail it to their house with a nice formal letter stating it is a free sample sent to random people, and just set back and wait!!!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitedevil
Personally, him feeling like he should pull me over is one thing, but to go as far as Taking a digital picture of me and my car is quite insulting, AND scary, especially after straight up telling me he is going to pull me over EVERY time he sees me. They were all insulting, ganging up on me like they did was wrong, calling me things like "punk kid" "maniac" and "out of control" is just stereotyping my damn age, and I am 22! Not some rich 16 year old punk.
yeah, i'm 22 as well. it sounds like they were getting pretty weird on you.

This is the second time now that a police officer in MY home town has harassed me.
about your car?

I am thinking about actually making a phone call, but I just do not know. I know I will look like a liar if I complain after he pulls me over for having a "light out" or not using a blinker for a turn...
i'd suggest going in there in person if your going to talk to them. but i don't think thats a bad idea at all. talk to these guys, they are people to. explain to them that you aren't trying to start any trouble, etc... they'll get the point. make your record that way.

What the hell would he take a picture of me and my car for, I am not damn drug runner, no "street racing champion", and definately no one that deserved that.
i dunno, cops do weird stuff sometimes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dochall22
my fav trick and i have done it many times to people who **** me off and it has worked, and came out a true success. Buy a bottle of expensive i mean EXPENSIVE shampoo or conditioner, replace 90% of the contents with NAIR, mail it to their house with a nice formal letter stating it is a free sample sent to random people, and just set back and wait!!!!!
lol, awesome.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

listen bro, you are talking about "street justice," and that doesn't work. that is just crazy. you and yours will wind up in the pen if you do something like what your talking about. your suggesting that this kid go after a police officer? when nothing major even happened to him? i mean, the cops didn't even arrest him or anything. i don't know what you and your family may or may not have been through. i certainly feel for you guys if you've had to deal with some bad stuff but really, lets be smart here. i'm trying to take what your saying seriously but you obviously don't know what your talking about.

i don't know why you'd say something like that as it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. but since you did, i'll say that you really shouldn't say something like that unless you're sure you're right. you have no clue as to who i am. i could give you some things to google that would just blow you away. doesn't even scratch the surface. you should really just take my word on that. i have no reason to lie.

anyways, if you read what i've written above you should see that what i say
is correct and the "safest" way to handle this type of situation.
i am not gonna go back and forth on this subject cuz it seems like it would eventually go nowhere. yes, i do see ur point on handling things the correct and safest way. im pretty sure my experience exceeds the majority on this site when it comes to types of situations with the po po. i could go in detail, but like i said it would go nowhere.anyways, cops r pigs, and if u dont agree with me well than thats ur perogative. OINK OINK. and street justice is not crazy. im not saying go find his house and beat his *** or something.lol thats not what i am saying. maybe thats what u thought i implied. but there is definitely more than one way to skin a cat.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over.....