Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Firehawk..possibly for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008 | 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did the accidnet happen during the ownership of the pressent owner? Does he have an idea of what number owner he is?
I was intrested in a local 02 firehawk about a year ago, m6, 1 owner, 40k, perfect condition and $16k obo. But it was sold, so I'm just checking out the details on this one, might be intrested.
Old 01-04-2008 | 08:51 PM
Teching In

Vince has owned the Firehawk since Oct 4th, I believe is what he said. He's deploying for 10 months in February and needs to sell the car before he leaves. When he gets back he's getting married and wants something more practical for a family. The owner before him was a family friend who is a car dealer who bought the car to sell it. I believe he is owner 5? Not completely sure, dont quote me. The accident happened prior to the present owner. Let me know if you have anymore questions or you can PM me for his number.
Old 01-04-2008 | 09:48 PM
Teching In

Added another note to the end of the description.
Old 01-04-2008 | 10:40 PM
On The Tree

tell vince to not get married...hes way to young!!!
Old 01-04-2008 | 10:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
damn it vince. you'll cry about it like a little bitch after it sells. save urself the agony and keep it.

OR

I say Nick buys it from Vince
i already told him i would if i could. and id even sell it back to him once he figured out he fucked up. but ima need double my money, and $200 extra dollars a month to insure her, cuz insurance doesn't want me to buy the same car i just wrecked in.

Already got quoted from progressive. $225 a month full ******* coverage on a 94 Impala SS. thats 175 less than i was paying, and thats with the accidental on top, when august comes around it will be less cuz my reckless driving points will be gone.

by ya,

SOMEONE BUY VINCES CAR!!!!!!!! and then when he comes back from Iraq sell it to him for 5 grand more than what u bought it for.
Old 01-04-2008 | 10:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
SOMEONE BUY VINCES CAR!!!!!!!! and then when he comes back from Iraq sell it to him for 5 grand more than what u bought it for.
hahaha
Old 01-04-2008 | 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by z06unstoppable
hahaha
Knowing him i know he'd pay for it. he'll come back with all that iraqi gold, and weapons,then sell them off. Buy a ZR1 Corvette for his woman. so im sure hell pay 5grand markup on a car he already owned.
Old 01-04-2008 | 11:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
Knowing him i know he'd pay for it. he'll come back with all that iraqi gold, and weapons,then sell them off. Buy a ZR1 Corvette for his woman. so im sure hell pay 5grand markup on a car he already owned.
That might be the case. Let's just get someone to buy the car first.
Old 01-04-2008 | 11:16 PM
Banned

already told you brother, even though he wants it gone. we all know how much he loves it and we just cant take it from him.

thats outta love. and not luke
Old 01-05-2008 | 12:33 AM
Teching In

last bump for the night.. bed time for some of us..lol
Old 01-05-2008 | 11:53 AM
Teching In

Morning bump
Old 01-05-2008 | 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Added another note to the end of the description.
Car has a Reconstructed Louisiana title due to the wreck.

does everyone realize this will be a SALVAGE in Cali?!?!?!

Price seems a little steep IMO...
Old 01-05-2008 | 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt
does everyone realize this will be a SALVAGE in Cali?!?!?!

This car has a salvage title?
Old 01-05-2008 | 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
This car has a salvage title?
It will once its registered here...
Old 01-05-2008 | 05:19 PM
Teching In

It's a Reconstructed Title, not Salvage Posi12bolt. Read up on them if you want.

Reconstructed
A Reconstructed Title is issued to a vehicle previously titled as Salvage-Repairable, has been repaired and has passed a salvage inspection. This title requires at least one sub-brand of collision, theft, fire, vandalism, salt, flood or other.

Salvage
A Salvage Title is issued to a vehicle that has been declared a total loss resulting from collision, theft, fire, vandalism, salt, flood or other occurrence. Salvage Titles are broken down into two categories:

1. Repairable
2. Parts only

Salvage Title: A salvage title is assigned to a vehicle that has been declared a total loss from Fire, Vandalism, Collision, Theft or Flood. A salvage vehicle cannot be registered or legally driven until a rebuilt title has been issued.
^Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title is what this car has.^

http://www.theleasingadvantage.com/I...ff343c8841c565

And the price is OBO meaning its negotiable Posi. Know the facts before you

Last edited by z06unstoppable; 01-05-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:00 PM
Teching In

A Reconstructed/Rebuilt Title is only supposed to depreciate the value of a car to 10-30%. With that being said, 15%(we'll go with the middle percentage) of the KBB value of $18460 in excellent condition is $2769 off the value equaling $15691. Also take into consideration the NADA value for a Firehawk is $19525 for Low Retail, with 15% of that off is $2929 equaling $16596.

Now add the cost of the headers $595 (add $350 for install if you want), the window tint $230 and Eibach Pro Kit $250 (install was $150) and the $160 for 4 new 6.5" Kicker Speakers. Technically that would come out to $1735.

$16596 + $1735 = $18331

I don't think $16,500 is an unreasonable price considering the condition of the car and the few mods.
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up Buyer Beware!

It's a Reconstructed Title

Reconstructed
A Reconstructed Title is issued to a vehicle previously titled as Salvage-Repairable, has been repaired and has passed a salvage inspection. This title requires at least one sub-brand of collision, theft, fire, vandalism, salt, flood or other.

Salvage
A Salvage Title is issued to a vehicle that has been declared a total loss resulting from collision, theft, fire, vandalism, salt, flood or other occurrence. Salvage Titles are broken down into two categories:

Salvage Title: A salvage title is assigned to a vehicle that has been declared a total loss from Fire, Vandalism, Collision, Theft or Flood. A salvage vehicle cannot be registered or legally driven until a rebuilt title has been issued.
^Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title is what this car has.^

I'm not gonna argue with you dude... just need to let the potential buyers know the TRUTH...

IN CALIFORNIA... when you bring in a reconstructed, rebuilt, previous salvage... of ANY sort... IT WILL BE A SALVAGE CA title when registered here !! WE don't offer recontructed anything... its either CLEAN or SALVAGE in Cali!

tell me to know the facts... you don't know ****!

I've owned over 400 cars... bought and sold cars all over THIS country and even into canada, australia, and germany...
and buy insurance cars from all over this country!

I don't give a **** about this sale, but I do think the buyer should know what they are gettin into... DON'T YOU????
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

basically it comes down to this...

if the title you have has a brand on it of ANYkind...

there will be a brand on your Cali title,

No Brand = Clean title

Any other Brand = Salvage title

Lemon law = Lemon Law Buyback
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:24 PM
Teching In

A salvage vehicle cannot be registered or legally driven until a rebuilt title has been issued.
Can you not read that?

IN CALIFORNIA... when you bring in a reconstructed, rebuilt, previous salvage... of ANY sort... IT WILL BE A SALVAGE CA title when registered here !! WE don't offer recontructed anything... its either CLEAN or SALVAGE in Cali!

I don't give a **** about this sale, but I do think the buyer should know what they are gettin into... DON'T YOU????
Someone is getting a little heated for no reason. Yes the buyer should know what kind of car they are buying. One that has a REBUILT title. If you read above a salvage vehicle cannot be registered or legally driven UNTIL a rebuilt title has been issued. Which part of that do I need to spell out for you?
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:26 PM
Teching In

Any other Brand = Salvage title
A Revived Salvage is a salvage vehicle which has been repaired and reregistered with the DMV.

This is what you are talking about concerning California law. Either way, the depreciation value is still 10-30% and I've figured that into the price already.

Quick Reply: Firehawk..possibly for sale?