Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

!!front turn signals!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default !!front turn signals!!!

ok, this **** has me frustrated!! is there an easy way of removing the front turn signals??Do i have to take off the head light? im doing this because water gets in the lense and blows the bulb so i want to seal it up and clean out the inside(old broken bulbs inside) THAKSS for any help you can give.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much pull and wiggle out of the thinest corner of the lens, haha i know it sounds dumb but thats how i did it

O ya, i had to take off the headlight to do it, but it was like 2 screws and they were out...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

I always jacked the front of the car up and done it from underneath. Undo the splash guards and there they are to take out/replace/whatever u wanna do with 'em, drill some small holes in the front lenses of the turn signals so that water can escape and not build up. Dont touch the bulbs when installing, if ya do, rub them off after ya put 'em in....residue from your fingers can cause 'em to bust. Dont really know what else to say
Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98REDZ
I always jacked the front of the car up and done it from underneath. Undo the splash guards and there they are to take out/replace/whatever u wanna do with 'em, drill some small holes in the front lenses of the turn signals so that water can escape and not build up. Dont touch the bulbs when installing, if ya do, rub them off after ya put 'em in....residue from your fingers can cause 'em to bust. Dont really know what else to say
From what i've heard, that is not the best idea compared to covering the with RTV sealent
Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Unhappy

hey D, wow thats happening 2 my Kar......lol....its funny i did drill very small holes....still burns blub out....................lol...........
Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

mine just blew out recently as well. I think it was because it had pool of water in the lense, not sure though.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

hahhah you guys crack me up, there is a little 10mm bolt on the back of the headlight remove that and the whole assemble comes off then right under that you have perfect access to the turn signals lol
Old 01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys,i got 1 out and used silicon to seal some small cracks were the water was getting in but camaro junky,i took that 10mm off the back of the head light and it would not come out.im gonna get new lenses cuz mine are all messd up from so many burnt out bulbs!!!lol
Old 01-25-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

well i ust to change my bulb like every other week cus is would pop but after i got new oem corner lenses it sealed perfect and since then i never had to change my bulbs....the best thing imo is to change lenses and bulbs..
Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
well i ust to change my bulb like every other week cus is would pop but after i got new oem corner lenses it sealed perfect and since then i never had to change my bulbs....the best thing imo is to change lenses and bulbs..
XXXX 2 thats what i am goin to do!
!!!!! and now to celebrate im'a smoke some rocks!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
hahhah you guys crack me up, there is a little 10mm bolt on the back of the headlight remove that and the whole assemble comes off then right under that you have perfect access to the turn signals lol
Haha thats what i've been talking about, "like 2 screws and they were out..."
Old 01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never tried it on the newer ls1 cars but on my 96 Z28 it was a pain...Thats funny though...my 01 TA WS6 does the same thing...leaks into the housing and blows the bulb.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
+++1 i'm voting for u............"president of WESTERN FORUM"
Old 01-26-2008, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pweterss
thanks guys,i got 1 out and used silicon to seal some small cracks were the water was getting in but camaro junky,i took that 10mm off the back of the head light and it would not come out.im gonna get new lenses cuz mine are all messd up from so many burnt out bulbs!!!lol
yeah you take the bolt out and slide the whole assembly towards the center of the car releasing the housing, and before replacing try polishing,
Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
YESSIR and I also agree with 59Camaro!!

Quick Reply: !!front turn signals!!!