Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got pulled over doing 140+ racing an R1 on the 405 tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eappwr
what some of you guys are suggesting he should have done or what you would have done in his position would be charged as a felony reckless evading. pretty damn stupid. unless you're ******* superman it's just not worth it in any way shape or form.
Well said...they have other ways of catching you other than those crown vics...choppers are never far away, cameras are posted every few off ramps in some places and when a call comes in from an officer saying that a car is going 125+ you will have every cop in ear shot looking for you. My best friend is a cop and I will tell you right now...If you are pulled over for going that fast or really doing anything like that 1) BE RESPECTFULL...this goes a long way, I even got out of running from a cop from simply doing this. 2) Admit you were completely wrong, as I told him when he asked what are you doing..."being a dumbass", and 3)Dont argue about anything and dont make excuses.

Do those three and it would surprise me if you left without your car or in cuffs. Im not trying to be disrespectfull to the OP or anyone else...im just telling everyone what has worked for me.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did what you just stated above. I took my keys, threw em on the dash top (which he trew on top of the car), folded my hands on the wheel with my lisence and insurance in hand, admitted to racing the bike without having intentions of going as fast as I was originally, and then said "Being stupid". not being a dumbass! =p
Old 03-23-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright, so asking a couple of local PD I got super lucky that he circled "Infraction" on the ticket, not misdemeanor. I hope it's just something minor, but I'm not sure yet =/ We will find out when I get the ticky in the mail.

Yes, this was in the procharged Z I was selling, yes, this was just after the plug install. I had to make sure that everything was working fine at WOT.... :p. Car is sold and delivered now, told the guy I sold it to about the story and he just laughed and said he would have been bummed had he had to wait longer to get it!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got pulled doing 135 here in Thousand Oaks back in '98 in my old '96 WS6. Not sure how much has changed but he let me drive home told me not to see my car on the street at least for a week which fortunately at the time I had another car, but once I went to court I got hit with a $300 fine, 30 day license suspension and 2 points on my license. Killed me in insurance as I was only 23 at the time. They dropped my like a bad habit as i already had another ticket and and accident at the time. My early 20's sucked for driving luck. Good luck with it man...
Old 03-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS#2906
I hope your saying you got caught doing 120+ in the year 1955, because there is no way in hell he's gonna pay $125 on a speeding ticket. Not to mention the 2 points that go on his record, with no traffic school, so his insurance is gonna skyrocket.
must've been 1955 cuz i got written for 90 in a 45 and that muthurfukker was 428.00
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I remember driving eastbound on the 134 late one night (weekday) doing 120+ and I got lit up by a helicopter. It just lit up all around me, I about **** myself. I just downshifted like mad and figured I was going to jail. after a few minutes (probably seconds, just seemed like minutes) he shut off the light and took off. I guess because I was just driving fast and not erratic, plus there was no traffic out. maybe he just got another call.

LOL we used to do that when i used to go on ride-alongs in the helo..it was pretty funny to watch peoples reaction

Quick Reply: Got pulled over doing 140+ racing an R1 on the 405 tonight...