Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Need Advice Dyno Tuning needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomz28
so i take it that cj told its not that fast HAHAH i know how CJ likes to talk
and for my car we did one pull on the dyno to see what it would do we didnt tune it because we didnt want it to come apart we stop the pull at 6000 rpm and it was still going it was fat rich (10 to 1) with 12 degrees of timing so 694 was just the start of what my car can put down
that and i know you dont like Georges tunes (but to each his own) and i hear you play with your dyno numbers and no two dynos are the same ill get the car to the track and that will tell us whats up but its all good
I don't see any reason why you couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't take up his offer. Best case scenario, your car is in a better position tune-wise b/c you had another tuner offer their input, free of charge, or at least you are more informed. Worse case (if you want to call it that), you leave the way you came and you get to tell everyone "my tuner did a great job". That's a win-win scenario and we would all beg for that opportunity.

If I were your tuner and I was confident in my work, I'd encourage you to take up Ryne's offer.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i take it that cj told its not that fast HAHAH i know how CJ likes to talk
and for my car we did one pull on the dyno to see what it would do we didnt tune it because we didnt want it to come apart we stop the pull at 6000 rpm and it was still going it was fat rich (10 to 1) with 12 degrees of timing so 694 was just the start of what my car can put down
that and i know you dont like Georges tunes (but to each his own) and i hear you play with your dyno numbers and no two dynos are the same ill get the car to the track and that will tell us whats up but its all good
the fact you even bring up that you think i mess with my dyno numbers (who has said please inform me ) makes me laugh..... lets look at your dyno numbers, you are making 694 rwhp with a 42 lb injector at 10.1 afr , please buddy you might fool other people on this board, but not me, BSFC the turbos require it is impossible to run those 42lb injectors to that level of power at fat afr on top of it. as far as me not liking georges tunes, i have never said he tunes bad at all, i never insulted him, i just defended myself and made you an offer. and the offer still stands
Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets try some math if you have 730 BHP and ill go as high .70 for BSFC and 100% DC with 63 psi fuel pressure your injects are making 53.08LBS/HR MATH WOW crazy ****
Old 03-19-2008, 04:14 AM
On The Tree

ok guys this isnt making my decision any easier. mainly because it just goes to show that once people choose their tuner they think they are the end all be all tuner.

Wait after Ryne's offer I think I am definately going with him, not because the offer applies to me, just that if he feels that confident in showing a person where there might be room for improvement in a tune for free. I would think that he is going to do the best to get my car's tune correct as possible.

Oh and RYNE you have a PM
Old 03-19-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

lets try some math if you have 730 BHP and ill go as high .70 for BSFC and 100% DC with 63 psi fuel pressure your injects are making 53.08LBS/HR MATH WOW crazy ****
Math formulas are cool but dependent upon the input data being correct and that you're using it to find the right data.

1. Aren't you over 730BHP being at 700rwhp?

2. Isn't the formula you used for the purposes of figuring which injectors to use, not what your injectors are making? Meaning you should be using at least 53lbers at 100% DC (according to your calc and numbers) and 66lbers at 80% DC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Assuming you are at 700rwhp, with 15% drivetrain loss you would be around 805 flywheel hp, which by your calculation and #s you should be using 58lbers (73 @ 80%).

I'm not replying to be a dick or a know-it-all, b/c I really don't know, but when I looked into FI a few years ago I recall some of these calculations and your info looked wrong to me.

Hopefully someone will correct me and I can learn from it.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BeemerZ28
ok guys this isnt making my decision any easier. mainly because it just goes to show that once people choose their tuner they think they are the end all be all tuner.

Wait after Ryne's offer I think I am definately going with him, not because the offer applies to me, just that if he feels that confident in showing a person where there might be room for improvement in a tune for free. I would think that he is going to do the best to get my car's tune correct as possible.

Oh and RYNE you have a PM
people always become a little biased

considering the offer you have been made, you have nothing to loose. hes willing to earn your business so its worth a shot. I personally have never seen or read anything bad about CMS but have first hand seen some REALLY bad work from synergy. Ive also seen really good work, but you dont wanna be one of the unlucky ones, (search the corvette forum and read up for yourself). If your ever needing work up in this area, you gotta go with NEWTECH, nick will tell you whats best for your car, not your ego. good luck!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JTelesone
people always become a little biased

considering the offer you have been made, you have nothing to loose. hes willing to earn your business so its worth a shot. I personally have never seen or read anything bad about CMS but have first hand seen some REALLY bad work from synergy. Ive also seen really good work, but you dont wanna be one of the unlucky ones, (search the corvette forum and read up for yourself). If your ever needing work up in this area, you gotta go with NEWTECH, nick will tell you whats best for your car, not your ego. good luck!
i heard alot of good things about nick at newtech
Old 03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BeemerZ28
cam the car is definately done I dorve it today and the only thing that may be off is a littel exhasut clearancing issue should be easy to fix. BFH!!!
finally! hopefully i can check it out before i leave.

and this guy better take this offer unless he is scared to be wrong? It will only help you if you believe your tuner is the best... and its free

DO IT!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Teching In

i have a guy i think might be better than both and cheaper pm me if you want his #
Ryne, tomz28 did not try to offend you in any way if you correctly read what he had posted. All he said was he knows someone who might be better, not saying he is better.

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
ok....... well how about this, if you think your tuner is better then me, then fine i offer this. Go ahead bring the car to me, i will dyno the car for free (prove your 700 rwhp number) and then i will take a look at your tune ( wont touch your tune if you dont want), then point out every problem in your tune (if any), if there is problems i will point out each and every problem then show you how i could improve it, and increase power, if possible, safely, like i said i will do this all for free, i offer this up to you........ thank you
Then you go ahead and post this to defend yourself when you're not being attacked at all. I understand you're proud of your work and any person in their right mind should be but this doesn't look professional to me at all.

Maybe you could have worded it differently not making it the conflict it is right now. I do honor the fact you're offering your services to him free of charge to point out "flaws" he might have in his tune. But, in the end we all know this is turning into a tuner pissing contest which is not what the OP wanted.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by GTO Madman
Ryne, tomz28 did not try to offend you in any way if you correctly read what he had posted. All he said was he knows someone who might be better, not saying he is better.

Then you go ahead and post this to defend yourself when you're not being attacked at all. I understand you're proud of your work and any person in their right mind should be but this doesn't look professional to me at all.

Maybe you could have worded it differently not making it the conflict it is right now. I do honor the fact you're offering your services to him free of charge to point out "flaws" he might have in his tune. But, in the end we all know this is turning into a tuner pissing contest which is not what the OP wanted.
thanks man i dont dislike you ryne and i like to talk **** but i dont trust shops any more (thanks to CJ) thats why i do all my own work, im going to start tuning one of these days when i get time. i do want to see your place and i like to talk car and you do have some good deals right now but im happy with the guy i got and have no need to change thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

thanks man i dont dislike you ryne and i like to talk **** but i dont trust shops any more (thanks to CJ) thats why i do all my own work, im going to start tuning one of these days when i get time. i do want to see your place and i like to talk car and you do have some good deals right now but im happy with the guy i got and have no need to change thanks
hey bro i dont know you, therefore the only problem i had with you is the fact you have never met me, or seen my work, yet you are saying your tuner might be better ( and this poll doesnt even have your tuner in it) if you want to PM the guy the info then that is fine, but to go on the public forum and say something like that is out of line, and like many people know on this board, i speak my mind as sponsor or not. swing by sometime and we can talk
Old 03-20-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey bro i dont know you, therefore the only problem i had with you is the fact you have never met me, or seen my work, yet you are saying your tuner might be better ( and this poll doesnt even have your tuner in it) if you want to PM the guy the info then that is fine, but to go on the public forum and say something like that is out of line, and like many people know on this board, i speak my mind as sponsor or not. swing by sometime and we can talk
im sorry i had to throw my hat in the ring here but thats a bullshit response. . even if the guys name isn't on the poll he has his own opinion to say that he might be better. . what are u afraid of . . there are better tuners out there doesnt mean he might not still go to u the guy just wants some help and you as a shop owner should be the first to help him . .given if u can do it or not. .

personaly i have never met u and honestly your shop is to far just to go and talk to so i really doubt i will do business at ur shop (rather do it my self) but after reading this thread i dont think i would want to take my car there anyways. .

Old 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flash12t
im sorry i had to throw my hat in the ring here but thats a bullshit response. . even if the guys name isn't on the poll he has his own opinion to say that he might be better. . what are u afraid of . . there are better tuners out there doesnt mean he might not still go to u the guy just wants some help and you as a shop owner should be the first to help him . .given if u can do it or not. .

personaly i have never met u and honestly your shop is to far just to go and talk to so i really doubt i will do business at ur shop (rather do it my self) but after reading this thread i dont think i would want to take my car there anyways. .

Now YOUR post sounds like the bullshit response of the whole thread.

Congrats, take a bow, you deserve it.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Now YOUR post sounds like the bullshit response of the whole thread.

Congrats, take a bow, you deserve it.
thank you thank you!!! just wanna thank everyone who helped me out my parents for dropping me on my head.. and all that good stuff. .!!! now its time to go
Old 03-20-2008, 07:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by flash12t

well judging by your response i wouldnt want you as a customer

by the way you missed the point entirely
Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Teching In

This whole thread is ouch!!!

To be honest I've heard good things about most the tuners around here If they didn't do such good work then people wouldn't be defending them and they would be out of business. So contact each one and find out who best fits your desires.The best ones I know for sure are:

Haddad A++
CMS A++
STRICTLY A++

I might be going to one of them soon for some mods
Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Teching In

From I read the CMS crew is top notch and yes, there are others out here as well...some good and some awful.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
9 Second Club

no love here
Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

well judging by your response i wouldnt want you as a customer

by the way you missed the point entirely
ok then what was the point?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

hey ryne when i said "might work better" thats not just me saying hes a better tuner he might be in the same area as the guy asking for help but you took it as "he is better than you" sound like you have some growing up to do and just because hes not on the pole and you are bitching about it makes you sound like a spoiled little kid grow up

Quick Reply: Need Advice Dyno Tuning needed ASAP