Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Illegal street racing raid in Riverside

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
I think you guys just live in the wrong place. I don't get harrassed at all in this little **** kicker town..
ya it always has to start somewhere before it spreads before it was only a problem in san deigo then santa barbra and so on and they keep added laws till one day we wont be able to even change the air filter before getting a ticket..

we do need to start coming together and making are cars heard we want a track!!!

didnt they do that ("BROTHERHOOD OF STREET RACERS") saying they would stop street racing if they gave them a track and brotherhood race way was born ?? or was that just a story?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Yup racing was a problem...they opened terminal island...street racing was drastically reduced...then they closed it and the street racing came back. I think this scenerio has happened like 2 or 3 times with its opening and closing.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Why you gotta hate on fat chicks (in your sig)? Granted, some are fatter and don't bathe as much as others, but ease up a bit, fat chicks need lovin' too.
ok i guess i walked into that one lol

Originally Posted by m6ttop
I see ur new here...were all like this so..
i dont see the pic? yes i am new here ,mainly to get info on the V8 motors you guys base your life around
Old 04-01-2008, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Big Willie and The Brotherhood Raceway

P.S.: I'm old and remember "back in the day". Used to race my 67 Camaro at TI. Anybody else remember when they had a big "to do" with a lot of Pontiac Folks and a jet car caught the back stop on fire? Ahhhh, those were the days.

And it's not like this is anything new. Back in '92 I got caught up in a big bust by the Carson Sheriff when they raided at Del Amo and Alameda. Cops were video taping offenders. They blocked Alameda off at both ends. My car looked exactly like one of the ones on tape (primered 67 Camaro with an orange cowl hood). They hasseled me but determined it wasn't my car. I showed up at ~1am (coming from a friends house in Wilmington and decided to check out the scene) and the bust went down shortly thereafter. 12 people taken to jail, 6 cars impounded and 192 tickets handed out. I was towards the end and didn't get away from there (after a thorough search and paperwork check) til about 3:30am.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kevin91Z
"Authorities want to send a strong message."

When are authorities going to realize that with the racetracks getting shut down (Terminal Island, Pomona, Carlsbad, and LACR) that racers have no choice but to find an abandoned street. There are only two tracks left in SoCal, Irwindale and Fontana. Irwindale is 1/8 mile and open on Thursday nights. Fontana is open less than once a month. Carlsbad and LACR used to be open every weekend. There is also Famoso, which is 2-3 hours away for most people here. How would you like to be told you cant do your favorite hobby any more?

so that IS your 3rd gen in front of manley i see everytime we p/u parts from you..its mike from santa ana speed kevin, see you and pat 1-2 times a week..didnt know u cruised the tech board.

VERY well put man...i agree 1000000%, whats a guy supposed to do hang up the tires and go fishin?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icanhaz69
ok i guess i walked into that one lol
Yep, you did. All in good fun, right?

I don't think many people caught it though.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Teching In

^ its all good i got plenty of humor
Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by icanhaz69
i dont see the pic? yes i am new here ,mainly to get info on the V8 motors you guys base your life around

y do u care about the imports???u have a camaro!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01black
so that IS your 3rd gen in front of manley i see everytime we p/u parts from you..its mike from santa ana speed kevin, see you and pat 1-2 times a week..didnt know u cruised the tech board.

VERY well put man...i agree 1000000%, whats a guy supposed to do hang up the tires and go fishin?
Yep, that's me! I'm on almost all the f-body boards but I hang out in the thirdgen sections.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kevin91Z
Yep, that's me! I'm on almost all the f-body boards but I hang out in the thirdgen sections.

cool i'll be there tomorrow to p/u a valve for a pos 347 AFR headed ford...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by m6ttop
y do u care about the imports???u have a camaro!!!!!

im actually still a fan of imports , i like cars that can handle .... and on this forum the majority of cars are straight line cars , with the exception of the corvettes which are more versatile
Old 04-07-2008, 03:26 AM
11 Second Club

Im a Conservative Republican, and I say the Authorities are idiots!!

Quick Reply: Illegal street racing raid in Riverside