Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

just got a speeding ticket! )=

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
the system is set up is to make money. if you plead not guilty and he shows up 99% of the time they will find you guilty. Your word against a cop, you have something to lose he doesn't. The best advice I have ever heard from a friend that is a LEO is pay the fine and try to get the points off the record.
he wouldn't be showing up... if he is inelegible to take traffic school, then he will fight it by written declaration...
Old 04-03-2008, 01:54 AM
Banned

is it possible that the judge will deny me for written declaration? i know the judge im going to is a real bitch!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Junkie

anything is possible with the judge... but basically, if your respectful and let the judge know that you won't be able to contest the ticket in person, and give him a good reason why you can't (i.e. I am a full time student, my schedule doesn't allow for an "in person" court hearing, yada yada yada) then they should grant you the written declaration proceeding...
Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

124mph in a 60, 320, would have been cheaper if i would have lumped summed it
Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
anything is possible with the judge... but basically, if your respectful and let the judge know that you won't be able to contest the ticket in person, and give him a good reason why you can't (i.e. I am a full time student, my schedule doesn't allow for an "in person" court hearing, yada yada yada) then they should grant you the written declaration proceeding...
if the judge says i can not let you do this then should i just plead guilty? damm i think im gonna be fucked! thanks 4 the help Soul TKR
Old 04-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ its very rare to get denied the written trial , unless your not paying upfront then they can deny you whatever you want.

p.s to ease your situation , my r6 just got impounded
Old 04-03-2008, 02:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ae13291
if the judge says i can not let you do this then should i just plead guilty? damm i think im gonna be fucked! thanks 4 the help Soul TKR
he should grant it to you... BUT if he doesn't... and you aren't eligible to take traffic school, then contest the ticket anyways, even if you have to face the officer in court... what do you have to loose? besides your dignity lol

Like i said, if you can take traffic school DO IT!!!

The thing is, if your eligible, and you fight the ticket, then you forfeit your right to take traffic school and there goes your sure fire way to keep it off your insurance...
Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Junkie

going to bed now... i'll check this thread tomorrow, and keep tabs on any additional questions you got
Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
No. This is not how we work here mister. If police gave a ticket to EVERYONE who broke the law then I would agree with you, but they don't. The favor some people over others don't they? It's not a TRUE justice system and the technicalities only help the constituents who are part of the un-favored population.

That is, if you ask MY opinion.
Originally Posted by Assassin66
man get yo dumbass outta this thread homie!

You guys are right, what was i thinking? He was only going 22 miles an hour OVER the speed limit. Some people get away with doing illegal things, so EVERYONE should get away with it? (or just certain people ) What the hell do we need laws for anyway? He never denied speeding...

Do what you can to have the ticket minimized and just pay it.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by icanhaz69
^ its very rare to get denied the written trial , unless your not paying upfront then they can deny you whatever you want.

p.s to ease your situation , my r6 just got impounded
sorry bro thats tough man, hopefully you get it back soon
Old 04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

ok great thanks for the info man, i speaked to some cop today and he worried the **** out of me when he said my ticket would be like over $500 and he told me even if i contest this by written dedclaration i still have to show up in court no matter what! but hopefully i get the written declaration from the judge. i have also noticed the guy just put 92mph approx speed, but he told me he got me with a radar??? i dont get it, i really want to know if this cop has had the training for estimate speed! i remember when my brother got his ticket the cop wrote on paper that he got him on radar! and btw the cop that got me was wearing a blue jump suit, meaning its one of those commercial cops that also pull 18 wheelers over too!

Quick Reply: just got a speeding ticket! )=