Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

So you guys wanted proof about CMS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008 | 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Why did you get your car tuned with just a few bolt ons's? You should have waited until you had more done so it was actually worthwhile. Why are you whining about dyno numbers. If you had 450 instead it doesnt mean it will run well at the track where it counts. I am nowhere near where you live and I dont know Ryne but leave the guy alone because you making yourself look dumb.
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

look man... i know your not happy with a few things on your dyno run. But you kind of bit yourself in the *** when posting up your first thread. I spoke to Ryne about it from the get go and he said you could bring the car back down if you weren't happy with it. This was prior to your thread becoming a bashing war... It's not his fault you lived so far away. And as far as your first post you quoted, you might have not been bashing him per say, but it sure didn't come off as that... in the end, if you had a problem with it, you should have let him know about it before jumping on the boards. Trust me... if you would have went to him first, the issues could have been discussed more and fixed so both parties were happy with the results. You think he wants to be bashed on here? Last I heard he said you left happy... so if your happy when you leave, how is he supposed to know your really not?

If anyone can relate to this its me... hell I live in Phoenix! And yes, there are a few small tweaks here and there that still need to be done to my car. But I have spoke to Ryne about it and he was all about helping me get it perfected.

You know why he was all about helping me? Because I didn't get my boys on the boards and start a gangbang on his shop. I talked to him about it first!

Also, with our cars, you really can't expect to get everything solved in one trip to a shop anyways. I mean really, with any shop, that's just aiming too high... a lot of this stuff is trial and error with each car because they are all different. When I picked up my car, it was not perfect... but I went back day after day of driving and testing, and we finally got it to where it's perfect! And Ryne wouldn't settle for anything less. Like I said, it's all trial, error, testing, etc...

in the end... I'll just say it again, you guys kinda bit yourselves in the *** by jumping straight to the boards instead of working it out directly with Ryne...

I'm not getting on here to start an argument, or get in any flame wars. Just simply pointing out a few facts, and at the end of the day, I'd be happy to have a beer and go on a cruise with any of you F-body guys. Well.... that is as long as they weren't complete dumbasses
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ae13291
how much did u spend on the tune that gave you like 5 HP??
One Hundred Million Dollars!
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:42 PM
Teching In

I dont see what youre complaining about

1) you have no real mods to speak of
2) you made more power
3) your power under the curve increased
4) your power carries further
5) your AF looks alot more stable than before

seriously thats 5 points on a good tune, wether his dyno numbers are ***** accurate or not who the **** cares, look at the rest of your ******* numbers man, seriously, you wana cry cause you didnt get the 7 extra horsepower? not to mention we dont know what condition the other dyno was in, or have any wether station information for either of these runs.

do the world a favor and please remove your head from your *** my friend, you need to look at a bigger picture than "i didnt get the number i wanted"

edit: i need to learn to count

Last edited by EvilGTO; 04-09-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GO BABY GO
Why did you get your car tuned with just a few bolt ons's? You should have waited until you had more done so it was actually worthwhile. Why are you whining about dyno numbers. If you had 450 instead it doesnt mean it will run well at the track where it counts. I am nowhere near where you live and I dont know Ryne but leave the guy alone because you making yourself look dumb.

Old 04-09-2008 | 02:45 PM
Launching!

lol... at this thread
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
lol... at this thread
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

I got my car dynoed there and even though I gained 3-4 hp my car has gotten more power under the curve and runs better too.... Now I have to wait to buy new spark plugs and wires
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
I got my car dynoed there and even though I gained 3-4 hp my car has gotten more power under the curve and runs better too.... Now I have to wait to buy new spark plugs and wires
wait a sec, you drive a Z06 yet you have to wait to save money to buy plugs/wires?
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:53 PM
Teching In

do we have a thread backfire smilie?
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
wait a sec, you drive a Z06 yet you have to wait to save money to buy plugs/wires?
I spent too much money on buy different wheel and tires and let too many people borrow money ............... oh and my mommy wont give me money...lol jk
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
LMAO...
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EvilGTO
I dont see what youre complaining about

1) you have no real mods to speak of
2) you made more power
3) your power under the curve increased
4) your power carries further
5) your AF looks alot more stable than before

seriously thats 6 points on a good tune, wether his dyno numbers are ***** accurate or not who the **** cares, look at the rest of your ******* numbers man, seriously, you wana cry cause you didnt get the 7 extra horsepower? not to mention we dont know what condition the other dyno was in, or have any wether station information for either of these runs.

do the world a favor and please remove your head from your *** my friend, you need to look at a bigger picture than "i didnt get the number i wanted"
I didn't get the numbers I was promised. Why don't you get off his nuts, because again, another customer that actually got what he expected.

I care about the numbers, this is what I have for now. Not all of us are pushing 400-450hp like you or everyone else who has posted.

Every shop will have their good and bad days, Haddad recently blew a motor, Strictly has a few bad posts on this forum and nobody cares. Why does everyone get all defensive when it's CMS' turn???

I tried the business like approach, and he shut me down. Now I have to get it re-tuned and come out of the pocket to stop the RPM from sticking. Not to mention that I recently removed the o2 sims and my SES light came on throwing a code P0160 and P0166
Old 04-09-2008 | 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

What if his dyno reads 10hp low? then you really picked up like 13hp over the original dyno..... just a thought.
Old 04-09-2008 | 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
What if his dyno reads 10hp low? then you really picked up like 13hp over the original dyno..... just a thought.
It does, and he redyno'd it and proved this! Yet he wont post that up. The point here is only to bash..
Old 04-09-2008 | 03:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS#2906
I didn't get the numbers I was promised. Why don't you get off his nuts, because again, another customer that actually got what he expected.

I care about the numbers, this is what I have for now. Not all of us are pushing 400-450hp like you or everyone else who has posted.

Every shop will have their good and bad days, Haddad recently blew a motor, Strictly has a few bad posts on this forum and nobody cares. Why does everyone get all defensive when it's CMS' turn???

I tried the business like approach, and he shut me down. Now I have to get it re-tuned and come out of the pocket to stop the RPM from sticking. Not to mention that I recently removed the o2 sims and my SES light came on throwing a code P0160 and P0166
i dont even know where to start with this.

i highly doubt you were "promised" any numbers thats just stupid

maybe if you had approached this like more of an adult instead of a petulant child you would have got what you needed. i can guarentee that Ryne would more than happily fix the 2 issues you discuss above had you not attacked him and his shop. thats a very risky proposition when you are trying to get something out of a person.

i can just say that yes every shop has its bad days, but that is no reason to call someone out on the forums. im not riding his nuts im trying to show you how your idea that he did a bad job is all based on the fact you are short 7 whole hp over your goal. the fact you were able to pick up anything is surprising to me.

lastly as for the engine code problem if you removed the sims and didnt tell ryne you had them or were planning on removing them thats your own dumb fault not his he cant read your mind.

so what are you gona do if you take your car to another shop and still dont make your "numbers: you gona then complain about them too?? **** all the money your spending on tunes you could get some real ****** mods.
Old 04-09-2008 | 03:05 PM
Banned

lets just wait for CMS to chime in. this should be a one on one conversation with the shop, not with other people on the board! have you tried calling Ryne? take it wasy b4 opening up a thread like this!
Old 04-09-2008 | 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

I doubt tuner's promise you numbers. I may also be wrong...
Old 04-09-2008 | 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
I spent too much money on buy different wheel and tires and let too many people borrow money ............... oh and my mommy wont give me money...lol jk
theres always lay a way hahaha

Quick Reply: So you guys wanted proof about CMS!!!!