Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

So you guys wanted proof about CMS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So you guys wanted proof about CMS!!!!

I really hate to continue beating this old dog, but I have no choice.

I tried to stay out of the rest of the threads flaming on CMS, mainly because I wanted to work something out with Ryne. I sent him a PM asking if he could help me out and he said NO, he said that he was fed up with this whole issue. Keep in mind everyone that my OP NEVER flamed on CMS, as a matter of fact, here is my OP.

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Would we all say that we can count on our dyno numbers being 100% dead on?

Would/Should a dyno from 1 shop read the same as another shop?

This past Monday, GinoLS1, 59 Camaro, and myself went to CMS for tuning and I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with the outcome.
Realistically, I can't expect my car to give me 400hp because my mods don't support that. But I can say that I expected at least 355ish on my current mods (SLP CAI/Lid/Bellow, Granatelli MAF, Mac Mids, ORY, No Cats, cutout)

I drove out with, what apparantly Ryne called 349hp because his dyno wasn't reading accurately. He said that his Dyno was reading about 10hp short of what the actual was, and I don't know if I can count on that unless I get it dynoed elsewhere.

My first pull shot straight up to 370hp (yeah right, on my mods!!!) the second one read 380hp (imagine my surprise) then he switched modes and read 342, which was what my car was previously dynoed at running at 13.8 a/f, with the rpm at 5500

After the tune, my car hit 347 with the a/f at 13, and the rpm at 6600.

In all honesty, I expected a bit more, but maybe that's just me. I won't even get into what GinoLS1, and 59 Camaro dynoed at because that's a whole different story.
I was simply questioning the accuracy of his dyno. I tried taking the advise of most of you in regards to dealing with him directly, but that approach didn't work either. So you guys wanted proof, here it is;

A few weeks before my visit to CMS, you guys may remember my other post about my first time on a dyno at South Gate Dyno. Here is my sheet:

Max output of 343.60 at 5500rpm

Here is what I got from CMS:

Max output of 346.90 at 6400rpm

Now here are my concerns.

1. If Ryne claims that his dyno has a 10hp fluctuation, why did my first run (in the pink) hit around the same as my previous dyno runs at SG Dyno?

2. Why does CMS show a knock at 4300rpm on the first run, but is non existant on the SG Dyno run?

3. What it really worth my time and money to drive all the way to CMS to gain only 3hp from a full tune?

4. Why weren't we told beforehand that his dyno was reading low? so that we can re-think wether we wanted to proceed with the tune, instead of waiting until he saw that I wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

And the worst part about it is that I waited for CMS mainly because of all the reading in regards to "Ryne has outstanding customer service", "Ryne will go above and beyond to keep his customer happy", "Ryne can't fail", all so that I can be told that my car "has internal issues", my car has "too many miles on it".

Now my car is sticking at higher RPM's (I'll video tape it soon, since Ryne doesn't believe me).

Am I still wrong??????

Last edited by SS#2906; 04-09-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what does this prove??? I'm really confused, all I see here are your same questions from the original post, plus a dyno graph?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

seriously. this is pretty silly. cms does excellent work. point blank and period.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

1. If Ryne claims that his dyno has a 10hp fluctuation, why did my first run (in the pink) hit around the same as my previous dyno runs at SG Dyno?

Hmm. I guess his dyno is more accurate then he thought. Whats wrong with that?

2. Why does CMS show a knock at 4300rpm on the first run, but is non existant on the SG Dyno run?

Who knows, different smoothing? Different weather? who cares? It wasnt knocking on the final run

3. What it really worth my time and money to drive all the way to CMS to gain only 3hp from a full tune?

I'd say hell yes considering you were on the ragged edge previously and now youre car is making more power AND is safe.

4. Why weren't we told beforehand that his dyno was reading low? so that we can re-think wether we wanted to proceed with the tune, instead of waiting until he saw that I wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

Maybe bc he figured it wouldnt make a difference, after all the dyno is still showing gains, and you just said that it was right on with your previous dyno?? once again, why are the numbers so important? (even thought theyre dead on which you just showed) Your car is now safe, AND you saw gains

Am I still wrong??????

About what??
Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
what does this prove??? I'm really confused, all I see here are your same questions from the original post, plus a dyno graph?
It proves that all that was adjusted was the gear ratio and the deletion of the rear o2/air codes. What do you think would have happened if SG Dyno would have taken her up to 6400rpm? I guarantee you that I would of got the same 346hp.

I posted this because he is not willing to work with me in regards to a reasonable solution that we can both be happy with. He hasn't offered a re-tune (which would be out of the question now that I am in Las Vegas and have no intention of driving to Murrieta anytime soon).
Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by eappwr
seriously. this is pretty silly. cms does excellent work. point blank and period.
Said 2 guys that are CMS supporters and were lucky enough to get what they paid for!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

I guarantee you that I would of got the same 346hp.
Ok, but what about taking into account that your car is making the SAME power now but is much safer? Taking a car back into safe tune usually costs power, but here you havent lost anything.

Any car can make more power by being leaned out and adding timing. What im seeing is that your car's AF is safe now, and it isnt knocking anymore, and it's still making the same power??

That sounds like progress to me. I think you might have had your expectations too high man. If you had alot more mods then I might understand you being upset by not seeing anymore gains.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Launching!

someone just got owned
Old 04-09-2008, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Said 2 guys that are CMS supporters and were lucky enough to get what they paid for!
you're not making any sense.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Good thing it wasnt on a mustang dyno or you'd be really pissed lol
Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Launching!

What are your mods? Just curious.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jimmard
Good thing it wasnt on a mustang dyno or you'd be really pissed lol
Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
What are your mods? Just curious.
Why didn't you read the first post Vince? Just curious.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6

Hmm. I guess his dyno is more accurate then he thought. Whats wrong with that?

Then why make up a story about actually running 10hp higher, sounds more like a sales pitch.

Who knows, different smoothing? Different weather? who cares? It wasnt knocking on the final run

It doesn't show it on the first dyno sheet to begin with

I'd say hell yes considering you were on the ragged edge previously and now youre car is making more power AND is safe.

I never had any problems to begin with AND if you notice the previous dyno sheet is not that far from CMS' sheet.

Maybe bc he figured it wouldnt make a difference, after all the dyno is still showing gains, and you just said that it was right on with your previous dyno?? once again, why are the numbers so important? (even thought theyre dead on which you just showed) Your car is now safe, AND you saw gains

So you're saying that it's better to withhold information from a customer and deal with the outcome later..........I'm glad you're not a tuner!!
Am I still wrong??????

About what??

About thinking that I didn't get what I paid for?
Answers are in red
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Vince it says>> (SLP CAI/Lid/Bellow, Granatelli MAF, Mac Mids, ORY, No Cats, cutout)
Old 04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Also, I heard you had your car re-dyno'd and it put down 356 recently
Old 04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Answers are in red
You paid for a tune,and you got one. I don't think you paid for numbers?....right?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Thanks feg(94)... Sorry If I didn't feel like reading the whole novel he wrote.

Dude, 346 is decent for the mods you have. I don't see what you're complaining about as far as numbers. Now about Ryne's service, if all is true, then such is that, I won't comment on that, that's his and your problem.

But you said you were expecting 355ish with your mods.....looks to me like you got the ish numbers you were looking for.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
Thanks feg(94)... Sorry If I didn't feel like reading the whole novel he wrote.

Dude, 346 is decent for the mods you have. I don't see what you're complaining about as far as numbers. Now about Ryne's service, if all is true, then such is that, I won't comment on that, that's his and your problem.

But you said you were expecting 355 ish with your mods.....looks to me like you got the ish numbers you were looking for.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

how much did u spend on the tune that gave you like 5 HP??

Quick Reply: So you guys wanted proof about CMS!!!!