Old 04-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL HAD TO POST THIS

Old 04-14-2008, 04:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not a rice rocket, but a ricer:

some tool comes through the parking lot of our gtg with a 4.6 mustang gt, wing, euro lights and some exhaust, starts doing a burnout, then parks. gets out and asks if anyone wants to run, cuz he just installed some new parts and wants to try them out. i tellem im game and i ask if he was to go from a roll or a dig. he asks what im driving, i tellem, and he kinda laughs and asks me how many lengths i want. confustd, i try to not to be a complete *** and say, no its ok, ill just run you straight up.

fastforward, we run 4x, dig, 20roll, 40roll and antoher dig. i put bus lengths on him everytime and i got excuses like :

"my converter is locking up in 1st, my shift kit isnt working, i must have programmed my shiftpoints wrong, i think my car is misfiring cuz of my longtubes." riiiiiiiiight. fail.

Jump to the next weekend. he shows up again, this time he wants to race my friends stock 96 cobra. the guy wants us to pop the hood to make sure theres no nitrous. wtf. so we show him, and he proceeds to point to the intake manifold with the cobra logo and says "hell no man, im not gunna run you with you having a supercharger." we try to explain to this fool its an intake manifold but he swears its a blower and were lying to him.

just saw this guy last weekend, and he now has a $2000 2tone paintjob, and claims hes only 50hp from a cobra, with bolt ons.

ricers with mustangs = failure all around.

sorry for the long story. but if you made it here, youre done
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

oh **** this guy doesnt deserve to own a ford if he doesnt know what a supercharger looks like..........wait maybe he does deserve to
Old 04-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Teching In

My best ricer story is when i drove my supra hahaha! (yes it in itself is kinda rice, but its the high end expensive rice that even you have to love so hush!)

some **** in a 4dr accord pulls next to me on the freeway (15 south after a car show) revvin away, just eggin me on to race. Now im runnin 112 octane leaded racing fuel, that **** is expensive so its just NOT worth it. any way i get off to grab a drink, he follows me off the freeway, car load of lil asian gangbanger wanabee's here is the exchange that follows

"what you too good to race?"
"um no just dont want to waste the gas"
"what my car is a waste of gas? whats wrong with you, i have a turbo H22 blah blah blah, ill smoke that slow *** supra"

i try sooo hard not to laugh, tried to talk some sense into him, but allas he wouldnt budge, i said id race him for a tank of gas to the winner, and it was best of 3 on the highway,

needless to say it was just retarded how slow his car was! i laughed at him, he did not follow to pay for a tank of gas!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

you should have shot his nos tanks, that pos would have blown sky high, lol

im being sarcastic btw.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Years ago, I was standing in line at Kragen and I overheard two dudes talking about rice. One asks, "what does VTEC stand for?" The other guy says, "I don't know, Vietnamese tech?"
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Evaporate
Years ago, I was standing in line at Kragen and I overheard two dudes talking about rice. One asks, "what does VTEC stand for?" The other guy says, "I don't know, Vietnamese tech?"
LMAO!

another story, im bored at work: my friend and i were getting into is 00 z28 with open cutout and a 220cam on a 112 and he fires it up. older guy with his gf walks by and notices the for sale sign in the window, and asks my friend, "how much? sounds really good for a vtec motor." the guy is dead serious. i laugh a lil as i get in, and my friend replies " 14k cash, and its actually an ls1." guy responds, "oh damn, sounds really good though, who makes the motor? honda or toyota?" still dead serious. my friend replies, "no ford. google is your friend. have a good night."
Old 04-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Teching In

haha these are some funny stories

here's a quickie:

one night me and my gf were heading back from the track and we pull up to a light. some guy in his evo pulls up, thinks he was all that and looked over at us and started reving his car. Just then i realized what intersection we were at. I look over at the guy and just to get him a lil pissed i start to laugh. I lean over to my gf and tell her my lil secret. anyways i look back at him and he has his game face on. the light is about to turn so he starts to hit rev. limiter. Light turns green and he launches hard and i just sit and watch...cuz lil did he know that up the road a bit is where bike cops sit on friday nights looking for speeders.

and just as i thought the cops were there and they pulled him over hahahaha it was soO funny....good times
Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had a supercharged RSX pull up next to me one night wanting to go.... so we took off and naturally I killed him (back when I had my LS1 with only CAI/Catback)... the guy was cool though...

we get to the next light and he's like "what the hell do you have in there?"

Just a stock vette engine is what I told him...

we gave each other a thumbs up and parted ways...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was driving slowly home from a friend house in the Camaro (open headers, before the cam), and some guy in a late 90's dodge neon pulls up next to me, and pulls away slowly.. i think nothing of it, i'm accelerating slowly, 2000rpm's or so, to keep it quiet (ha!), and i hear a weird whirring noise.. i glance over at my friend and he's laughing his *** off. i say whats so funny? he chokes a little, and points at the neon, which is 4 or 5 carlengths ahead.. he says, "dude, that guy had it floored! He thought you were racing him" i shake my head in disbelief, not believing him.. we roll up slowly to this guy at the next red light, and he's smirking his *** off at me. I time the light, bring it up to about 5000 (which with open headers, is LOUD) and dump the clutch. I rip the first three gears up to about 70 (with the tire spin, more like 50) and lift. i look back at the speck in the rearview, and slow to a crawl to get the guy to pull up next to me. He passes me in the farthest lane away looking like I kicked him in the *****. I couldnt stop laughing all the way home, i stalled it at the next light.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Was coming to work today and noticed a car threw a rev at me....I looked and it was a newer model honda accord with a fart can and about 5 high school students in it, everyone was getting out of work so there was alot of traffic he kept flooring it and screeching his tires while he passed me but had to put the brakes on immediatly cause of traffic , i didnt pay no attention to him until we came to a stop light i just looked at him and noted my head my head in pity and dissapproval.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

oh i got another one! this happened like 3 months ago. if anyone here owns a red 98-02 z28 in anaheim on state college and lincoln...im sorry but it was my duty.

So im with my friend and we left eating chinese food and turned on a street where i saw a clean looking z28 and get closer so i can take a pix of it. guess what i saw. he had an emblem next to the z28 one on the driver side fender that read TYPE R. i was like wtf!!!!!!!! so i had my backpack in the backseat and i got a paper out and wrote him a quick letter in big letters expressing my feelings.... my feelings were shocked
Old 04-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Teching In

I've posted this before but here it goes again. A few years ago I was in the Z28 and an S200 pulls up next to me and throws a rev. We both had the tops down and both had 1 passanger. He had what I'm assuming was his girlfriend. So we slow down to ~ 20mph and I tell him to go. He hits it then I do. I instantly reel him in and walk him bad till ~ 80. I slow down and he pulls up next to me and says, "Hey, you wanna race?"

"I thought we just did " I reply.

"Well yeah but not this, I have a turbo race Civic at home" he says.

I come back with, "Dude, I have no interest in running your stripped-out race car with my near-stock daily driver."

He goes, "Aight then."

We compliment the rides and we part ways.

Also, on my first trip to CA Speedway back in the days when my Z28 was still stock (kinda still is), I ran a Civic hatchback; 89ish. My run wasn't anything great, ~ 13.9. He ran something like a 14.2. As we are driving back to the pits he pulls up next to me and says," Mudda fawk, that sh*t is fast!!!! What's that?"

I reply, "Just a stock convertible Camaro Z28. What's been done to the hatch?"

"A worked B18." he replies.

I compliment his ride then he takes off.

This last one is more of an idiot than a ricer. I friend and I were stopped at a light in the Esprit on a 3-lane street with me in the center lane and some foos in a V6 Mustang on my right. So dudes are checking out the ride. Then the light turns green and the dudes take off a little ahead of me. I guess dude was checking the car out on his side mirror rather than looking ahead because he almost didn't see the parked in his lane!!! Dude slams on his brakes, wheels lock up and turns the wheel sharply to the left at the last minute. We thought he had wrecked. Dude missed the car by inches. It was too funny.

Originally Posted by hlaalu
my brother and I were cruising around in his m3 and a civic wanted to have a go. we come to a light, take off, and this dudes wal-mart hub cap shoots off his wheel lol funniest **** ive ever seen.
That happened to me once in my old T-Bird
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

mmmmmmmmore
Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

still bored at work here. lol. heres another one.

went to some house party out in the city awhile back, and there were these wannabe gang bangers acting all hard in their 350z on some round mirror 20s. since im a car guy, i go up and start talkin about it with them wid my friend who owns the 05 acura TL we rolled in. convo turns into them just saying "dude, this car is one of the fastest cars on the street." and i askem whats done to it, and this lil 17yr old lookin dude answers "stock man." with a smirk on his face. then they tried picking on my friend wit the TL, saying theyd race for cash right now blah blah blah. my friend has a cool head, and just says no sorry, but my friend here will go home, get his car, and run you for your $100 your putting up.

they ask me what i have, i said a camaro. 17yr old lookin dude just starts laughing in my face and replies, "bro, u better have a k&n filter and some exhaust on that thing to even THINK about keeping up." i just reply, "aw shiet nope, its all stock, hell i dont even know how to drive it yet, want me to go get it, i got the $100 right here to match." then some other ****** comes up and says "you got a camaro?! damn ive never seen a chinese guy driving a dumdumdumdum before." i reply," well thats funny cuz im actually korean, and ive owned nothing but american cars. what do you drive? and wait werent were trying to go race?" dude drove a v6 mustang.

these kids end up saying their boost was leaking blah blah blah *cough* bullshit *cough* and that they would meet me next weekend at our local spot.wtf. *slap* never saw them again.

ill try to think of some more while i sit here.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

one time I was in my dads 85 caprice wagon(we put a 350 in it with a cam maybe its push'n around 250hp in a 4500 pound car) and we race my friend in his 89 civic and smoke him and as we are beating him there are 2 2000ish civics racing each other and we blow past them doing like 110-120mph, it was so damn funny.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

I have a couple of stories. My first story was when I was in my DD, an 02 Suburban. I was getting on the on ramp to a freeway when this POS Civic pulls up right behind me. I'm taking my time, with gas prices and all, when I see him jump over into the next lane next to me (two lane on ramp). I decide, what the hell, let's see what my big, heavy *** truck can do. I floored it and walked that POS Civic, big fart pipe, big wing, and all.

My second story is about domestic rice. I'm crusing around in my SS when I run into a 93-97 style 6 banger Camaro. The guy has a Flowmaster exhaust with huge tips out the back. Guy revs me up and takes off. I didn't really care, but we ended up next to each other at the next light. The guy revs me up ( 6 cylinders of fury ), and looks over at me like he's going to smoke me. Not sure how he didn't hear my blower, but I guess if you're stupid, you don't notice these things. I decide to play with him so when the light turned green, I stayed back and watched as he lit up the tires. I stayed about two car lengths behind him for a bit and could see him laughing in his side view mirror. He had his foot in it and thought it was an easy win. I decided enough was enough so I floored it. I whizzed by him so fast that even my GF was laughing. We got to the next light again, but this time he appeared all ticked off. His GF was smiling though...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

? you have a blower in a daily driver? dam
Old 04-19-2008, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by comanten123
? you have a blower in a daily driver? dam
Nah, my SS is my weekend car. With the prices of gas so high, it isn't practical. I also don't like driving it places where I have to turn my back on it. My DD is my Busa when it's dry outside, and my Suburban when it's wet.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

what are you running? 10's

Quick Reply: have a funny ricer story??